Detailing World Forum banner

Focus RS New Car Prep - Gtechniq/Xpel

19K views 47 replies 38 participants last post by  mb1 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

So just before Waxstock my new Focus RS arrived at the dealership. I really wanted to take it up to Waxstock but had enough organising to do with that so had to wait until I had finished the event to get on with the prep.

This was one of the last allocation that my local dealer had for the RS and they had specced it with pretty much every option including a heated steering wheel! (look forward to trying that lol)

Anyway, my plan was to polish as there was a few places that needed correcting so I did the whole car and then coat it with Gtechniq Crystal Serum and Exo V3. For the front end I was going PPF it with Xpel so didnt need to coat this. The Wheels also got coated with Gtechniq as well as calipers.

The Nitrous Blue finish is stunning when polished and the light hits it as you can see in a couple of the pictures...

I also had some gel insert badges for the wheels and spoiler which finished it off.

I dont have too many process pictures as I was keen to get it all done.

Heres the pictures - I hope you enjoy them.

See less See more
#13 ·
Lovely motor Johnny and in the best color too, you can see the sparkle in the paintwork. It is your daily?

View attachment 52278 [/QUOTE

Hi Buddy,

Thanks a lot I love it :thumb: Its been a long time coming...

I have a couple of cars so im fortunate I can keep the miles off if i need too but right now it is the daily...

#11 ·
you should be rightly proud of that - a beauty!

after 5 months of ownership i never get tired of seeing that lovely NB on my drive every day. Photos cannot do it justice but these come pretty close. a fine example there fella. enjoy her. give it 1k miles before you try the launch control. but do try it - it's completely insane ;-)!

#26 ·
Looks awesome, the colour is cracking and the photos really are stunning. The detail on the wheels is a really classy touch not OTT like some I have seen. I have always had a soft spot for "fast fords" and have had a few quite a while back.

Enjoy, its a stunning example!!

#27 ·
Only had one drift... yeah right Johnny! There's only one reason you bought Clarksons "Yobbo car" and that was to be the village drifter :lol:

However I put it... it's going to be done is sheer style with it looking like that!

What a finish and as mentioned... that RS on the wheels looks... how do I put this so a yob understands... I think the word is PENG! :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.