Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Gallery > The Showroom > Projects and Restorations
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Projects and Restorations Building a car from scratch, restoring your pride and joy, building a track car, or starting a long term project? This is your place to document it.

Old 29-04-2015, 05:44 PM   #11
Clancy
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,257 Times in 1,060 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUGLASS21 View Post
Shame about the Anni, I quite like one but pretty rare now

Look forward to following the project
Yeah they are pretty rare, the trouble with mk3s is finding one that's not rotten to he'll underneath. Earlier ones seem to be better than the later models, but all annis are late models

ah I see enc, doubt I'll see it any shows then! Haha
Clancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2015, 01:53 AM   #12
TanVr6
Unwashed Member

Nice car! I had a Anniversary edition 16v.
My mate bought it off me couple of years back when I bought a Corrado VR6.

Keep this one mate! One of my favourite colours too!
TanVr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TanVr6 For This Useful Post:
Clancy (30-04-2015)
Old 30-04-2015, 04:14 PM   #13
Clancy

I'm dying for a corrado but I can't justify the price at the minute, bet it's great fun 16v anni is a rare car! think I'll buy a mk1 caddy first, should be a nice little project, oddly cheaper than the corrados at the minute

yeah I didn't think I'd like the dragon green, but it really is a lovely colour, needs to be seen in the sunshine
Old 30-04-2015, 11:13 PM   #14
Clancy

So these are the other alloys I've got, not in too bad a shape but still need a refurbished before going on

Planning on doing them pretty much the colour they are now, some sort of dark grey gunmetal colour

These are a few other bits, got some new trim clips to sort that out. Some interior trim removal tools for getting the head lining out etc with a bit more ease. Some smoked side repeaters, And a little pack of test waxes I won on here from bigoggy which I'll try out soon!

Old 26-05-2015, 09:26 PM   #15
Clancy

Small update

Wore through my brake pads and locked the brakes up on Friday. Left the car till Sunday when I got.it recovered to my mates garage, just had new discs and pads all round and new rear bearings

Need to sort the trim parts out soon

Can't decide if I should sell it or not
Old 17-03-2016, 05:31 PM   #16
Aar0n
Unwashed Member

So was stumbling across forums and found this thread. I'm the new owner picking the car up back in June. Done around 8k since then and the car hasn't missed a beat. So far been a very reliable motor.

This is how it stands now

Not all has been well though, had a few rust issues that I expected being an old car. I whipped off all the plastic trims shortly after buying the car to see the damage. Drivers side wing has been replaced, passenger side wing is going to need repair(Currently bodge repaired by me and a mate, with lots of aluminium mesh and fibreglass), rear arches had some holes in them and have been welded up, and the sill is on its way out around the front jacking points, small amounts of rust on the doors and inner door sill. None of it is actually that serious as far as I can tell compared to others I've seen.

Plan is to take it to the bodyshop to have everything repaired and resprayed in the summer. For now will let the pictures do the talking.

Aar0n is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Aar0n For This Useful Post:
Clancy (17-03-2016)
Old 17-03-2016, 06:01 PM   #17
Clancy

Good to see it still going bud

Luckily the sills are so common on these you can buy whole new ones for peanuts to weld in, nice easy job really

I see your going down the arches off route, was my next plan if I'd of kept it. Looks good
Old 17-03-2016, 06:14 PM   #18
Aar0n
Unwashed Member

Yeah man, common fault like you say and for most part the sill seems pretty solid, its just turning to mash at the front.

Plan on having the arches put back on, once the body work is sorted, only removed them to tackle the rust haha I do like them off but want to keep it looking GTI if you know what I mean

Also the sunroof does work! Just an earthing issue but the clocks gave in and died completely
Aar0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2016, 06:15 PM   #19
seat_Jay
Sponge Jockey

Great stuff guys!

My brother has a green A2 and white was our first choice for the alloy refurb. Having seen this I think that is definitely the way to go.

Aaron you should carry on the thread if Clancy has no issues. Great to see a car change hands and what the new owner will do to keep it going!
seat_Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2016, 06:18 PM   #20
Clancy

Yeah that was the debate I had with the arches, I like them both ways. American spec bumpers and no arches looks good when the car is mint

Yeah I presumed the sunroof wasn't anything big I just never use them so didn't bother looking!

I have no idea what happened with them clocks even looking online I can't really find anyone else who's had that happen. Just stuck some new ones in ?