Detailing World Forum banner

Swissvax detailing with Paul Dalton's Crystal Rock wax

35K views 48 replies 33 participants last post by  graham1970 
#1 ·
Finally a car I felt would be a good test mule for my newest Swissvax purchase:p
Its the R33 Nissan Skyline I look after on a maintenance plan so I can keep an eye on durability more closely than other cars I do. I appreciate many of you who've been on DW for a while will have seen the car before, but not with CR.
As I was using Swissvax Crystal Rock I felt I'd do a Swissvax detail, but with some extra steps.

Pre-soaked with a foaming TFR

Rinsed then foamed with an experimental SSF

5mins later

Its doing some good, brown foam!

The car was then washed with Swissvax Car bath, 2 buckets, grit guards and a LW mitt, rinsed and dried.

Claying time, Paint rubber and quick finish

No real surprises, not too rough and the odd tar spot.
Paint cleansed by PC, finishing pad and Swissvax CF (normal)

50/50 roof

Buffed off

The whole car was paint cleansed, time to get a look at the Crystal Rock! Smells as good as the other Swissvax's thats for sure, slightly harder than BOS, similar to Mystery but easier to apply.

Thin layer applied to roof via foam applicator

Allowed to cure/haze. 10 mins seemed enough today, buffed off.

Side shot with Crystal Rock applied

Car buffed off, time to clean the glass.

Exhaust looking like it needs a clean,

Ok, no problem with metal polish

Tyres dressed with pneu and thats the exterior done.

I then set about the interior, but it was the wax part I was really looking forward to.
I shall be interested to see how durable the wax is. It certainly IS easy on and off, compared to high %age carnuaba's. I had hoped to get some bright sunshine too, but this didnt happen. I'm not disappointed with the wax so far, and I have been very sceptical I must admit:lol:

Hope you enjoyed the write up.

Tim

See less See more
#11 ·
Will have to keep you posted on the wax Russ, but so far so good! I do like my high end waxes though.
Crystal wise yes it is a small bottle, but they also do a 470ml one too.

great post and report Tim, keep us noted on the CR durability.
Will do indeed Iain.

Random question but what make is that pink MF?
This one is Swissvax (comes with the Nano Express kit..also just bought!) but it looks very much like a Sonus one I have but its green..no reason to think they dont make it in pink too:lol:

Looks good!

Any close up of the wheels/brakes? =]
Thanks, but sadly no re brakes and wheels. The rears are Brembo and just bought new ones on the front. 8 pots in nice anodized purple, but unsure of the make. Discs are HUGE!

#18 ·
Lovelly job, the finish is really clear but glossy as well, one day i might be able to have some of that stuff.

Nice motor but needs wheels that look bigger as the 5 spokes look small on such a beast, something with a bit more alloy to the fore would work nicely, have seen one locally with something like the old porsche pirelli wheel of the 928 which look the biz

#24 ·
Cheers Adam, you are right normally the higher waxes need longer but advice was this was not necessary and it proved to be right.
I will of course push this in future details with 5 min, 10, 30, 1hr etc curing times to see if you can do it quicker and of course leave it on whilst you go for a 2hr liquid lunch;)

#29 ·
Thankyou Ben

looks superb Tim :thumb:

car has that really deep black look I saw from BoS at the wax test - lovely :)
Just wish the sun'd come out

Nice work Tim

Lovely depth and gloss to that car, certainly something to get the special LSP out for.

Hmm interesting Envy Trial foam!
Cheers Jon aka eagle eyes action man;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.