Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Lifestyle > The Motoring Zone
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Motoring Zone Just bought a car? Need advice on a car? Want to chat about cars generally? Here is the place to do it.

Old 14-07-2017, 12:17 PM   #21
Alex_225
Built-Not-Bought

Thanked 1,987 Times in 1,419 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derekh929 View Post
I could have got round there with a lot bigger than that bus if it did not bottom out with the slope that is plenty of space to take that bus round both ways or a little manoeuvre with a small reverse would have done it no need for going on the island at all
I don't doubt it mate. Especially considering that two busses turn up and the first one got round it no problem. That was with three vehicles parked up from where the blue car is.

Second driver seemed to have a chip on his shoulder and though "Sod it, I'll just drive over it". Bit him in the ar$e though.
Alex_225 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Alex_225 For This Useful Post:
Derekh929 (14-07-2017)
Old 14-07-2017, 12:47 PM   #22
Rayaan
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,086 Times in 845 Posts
Don't understand why he decided to go around the island - surely thats going to be a problem as the angle is tighter than if he just went from before the island.

The junction is massive - truck drivers can get around that nevermind a double decker bus
Rayaan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rayaan For This Useful Post:
Alex_225 (14-07-2017)
Old 14-07-2017, 03:03 PM   #23
Banksy40
Sponge Jockey

Garage
I thought the point of those junctions was so you didnt have to do sharp right hand turns.

Is there not another way the bus could get to the stop without having to go right round the junction (ie the way probably every other service bus goes?)

Round here the schools have a contract with the bus companies, might be worth having a word with them and making them aware of the language used by the driver.
Banksy40 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Banksy40 For This Useful Post:
Alex_225 (14-07-2017)
Old 14-07-2017, 04:38 PM   #24
K777mk2
Washmitt Meister

The bus isn't using it as a roundabout its two junctions, which he is entitled to do.

But.

He has cut the T on both junctions ( 4 points for undue care - trust me I know i once did it under the nose of plod).
But further than that he's driven off road intentionally cutting the island - in a vehicle that size - is he completely mental ? And hes about to laod up with a load of peoples kids ?
Just because theres an obstruction doesn't give him the right to do what ever he wants.

He should lose his job at the very least.

I let buses out so many times, yet many just thunder around trying to squeeze you off the road. Not an easy job, but even so.
K777mk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to K777mk2 For This Useful Post:
Alex_225 (14-07-2017)
Old 14-07-2017, 11:28 PM   #25
Mark R5

There's no way in hell that the owner of the car is at fault. Not in my opinion anyway. If I turned up I wouldn't be looking at the owner of the car for causing this issue. Unless there are restrictions i.e. double yellows and the like telling him not to park there then he can park wherever is legal to do so and a car length or two in front of the Clio in the first picture looks fine to me.

The bus driver has committed his own offences, these being either S.5 or S.4 public order act offences. Not to mention his sheer unprofessional approach to the issue. He's the professional driver and as correctly pointed out perhaps should be taking the issue back to the bus company and school rather than beaching a double decker on a junction...

Last edited by Mark R5; 14-07-2017 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Spelling
Mark R5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2017, 07:56 AM   #26
bradleymarky

Thanked 1,352 Times in 961 Posts
Double deckers are actually smaller in length than most single deckers so the driver shouldn't have had any problems negotiating that junction. The only way he would have to cut the corner if the Clio was directly on his near side, the tail end swing of a bus at full lock is enormous and would have hit the Clio.
bradleymarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2017, 04:40 PM   #27
Alfa male
Orbital Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayaan View Post
Don't understand why he decided to go around the island - surely thats going to be a problem as the angle is tighter than if he just went from before the island.

The junction is massive - truck drivers can get around that nevermind a double decker bus

Actually a rigid bus has a worse turning circle than the an articulated lorry
Alfa male is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Alfa male For This Useful Post:
sfstu (15-07-2017)