Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Lifestyle > The Home and Garden Zone
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Home and Garden Zone All about the Home - including alternative uses for cleaning products ... and all about the Garden

Old 20-09-2018, 09:42 AM   #11
shl-kelso
Orbital Oracle

If you want power or other outlets behind a wall mount TV on a slim bracket then take a look at the Syncbox range (was successfully pitched on Dragon’s Den some years ago). Providing you have the available depth in the wall to accommodate the very deep back box it works very well, and using modular fittings you can terminate power, aerial coax, and ethernet data modules etc for a very neat install.

If you have an unobstructed vertical drop inside the wall then the other option is to use brush faceplates and drop all the cables down the wall to a second brush plate, from which you can take them to sockets at low level instead. Obviously if you have horizontal studs in the wall this does not work.
shl-kelso is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shl-kelso For This Useful Post:
Derekh929 (20-09-2018), Zetec-al (20-09-2018)
Old 20-09-2018, 09:57 AM   #12
Derekh929
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 5,265 Times in 4,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shl-kelso View Post
If you want power or other outlets behind a wall mount TV on a slim bracket then take a look at the Syncbox range (was successfully pitched on Dragon’s Den some years ago). Providing you have the available depth in the wall to accommodate the very deep back box it works very well, and using modular fittings you can terminate power, aerial coax, and ethernet data modules etc for a very neat install.

If you have an unobstructed vertical drop inside the wall then the other option is to use brush faceplates and drop all the cables down the wall to a second brush plate, from which you can take them to sockets at low level instead. Obviously if you have horizontal studs in the wall this does not work.
wish I had seen this info a few weeks back, as racked hi and low for these was not sure the name all seemed to be in US, I had to feed the plug down through plasterboard wall while others held the tv and pain it was.
but at £75 they are having a laugh me thinks at even £45 I would have snapped their hands off, still the connections on the tv were all spread out
Derekh929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2018, 01:15 PM   #13
shl-kelso
Orbital Oracle

Not cheap, but it’s well designed and works perfectly. They make the install very neat and tidy and avoid the need for cable threading while trying to hold an expensive TV in place!
shl-kelso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2018, 03:17 PM   #14
Zetec-al
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,366 Times in 1,279 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by shl-kelso View Post

I used the brush faceplates in the end as you have mentioned. Worked perfectly fine for me
Zetec-al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2018, 04:07 PM   #15
rojer386
Orbital Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by packard View Post
Used VON HAUS, from Amazon on numerous fits of various maxes of TV. No issues ever

Example.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/VonHaus-Bra...racket+vonhaus

Simple, easy to put up, great fit, good adjustments.
I have 2 of these. One on a 32" and a 55", easy to fit and adjust.
rojer386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2018, 02:09 PM   #16
Starbuck88
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 2,401 Times in 1,640 Posts
Garage
Literally just put up TV for Mum, hers is an older 42" LCD TV, so is not LED Backlit so weighs a ton but she needed to have it tilt outwards at an angle just a small bit...

So used this...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/VonHaus-Dou.../dp/B00N50Q66Y

And I've used these a lot over the past few years, they are brilliant, I have the proper setting tool for them but you can do them manually I have hung heavy units, tvs, floating shelves and all sorts.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/rawlplug-...-20-pack/68410

8 of them fixings on sound plasterboard and it's very secure.
Starbuck88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2018, 02:18 PM   #17
garage_dweller
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
I think it should be quite easy for me to do this because of the hollow stud walls.
That depends on your plasterboard. The plasterboard in mu house has a honeycomb cardboard structure on the back which is pretty strong. Feeding cables behind the wall means breaking through each of the honeycomb squares.

This is a hige pain in the butt to do and makes what should be a reasonable qui c k job into a very long one.
garage_dweller is offline   Reply With Quote