Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Wheels, Tyres & Exterior Trim
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wheels, Tyres & Exterior Trim Sponsored by Valet PRO - ValetPRO - UK made car valeting and detailing products. Our aim to make top quality product we love to use. Famous for 'pH Neutral Snow Foam, Advanced Neutral Snow Foam, Bilberry Wheel Cleaner, Dragons Breath, Citrus Bling and Citrus PRE Wash. A big thank you to all our customers and stockists, we promise to bring you some excellent and inventive products during 2014.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2018, 06:22 PM   #21
Andyblue
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Andyblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: In the Dog house
Posts: 3,778
Thanks: 1,279
Thanked 1,747 Times in 1,548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul boy 68 View Post
I've edited post 15 to explain what I did, a good ratio to me and I can see this going a fair way, I bought the smaller bottl, next time I'll get the 1 litre bottle I forgot to mention that first I rinsed the wheels, then spray on library the Aton-mac, washed the wheels then reapply Atom-mac then dried the wheels off.

Cheers bud - think I’m going to get some ordered and will try it out
Andyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andyblue For This Useful Post:
Soul boy 68 (04-08-2018)
Old 09-08-2018, 10:50 AM   #22
\Rian
Orbital Oracle
 
\Rian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Taunton
Posts: 718
Thanks: 16
Thanked 232 Times in 194 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawallace View Post
Would it stop alloy wheels sticking to the wheel hub
You need ceramic grease for that.

Give the hub and the back of the wheel where it meets the hub a good coat of ceramic grease stops rust and cathodic corrosion and makes it a dam sight easier to remove
\Rian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 05:53 PM   #23
bluechimp
PC Perfectionist
 
bluechimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 302
Thanks: 165
Thanked 102 Times in 96 Posts
I wouldn’t spray it on your alloys unless you plan to wipe it off, it streaks like mad on my alloys.

For the discs and the ‘exposed’ suspension it is brilliant stuff!
bluechimp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluechimp For This Useful Post:
Soul boy 68 (09-08-2018)
Old 21-10-2018, 12:31 PM   #24
Andyblue
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Andyblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: In the Dog house
Posts: 3,778
Thanks: 1,279
Thanked 1,747 Times in 1,548 Posts
Bilt Hamber Atom-Mac.

How are people finding this - really struggling to find anywhere local that stocks it, so before I stump up near £20 inc postage, thought I’d find out people’s thoughts...

Also, do people apply with a hand pump / trigger spray bottle or one of the small pressure sprayers ?

Cheers

Last edited by Andyblue; 21-10-2018 at 01:01 PM.
Andyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2018, 12:40 PM   #25
Steve0rs6
Sponge Jockey
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: South Manchester
Posts: 60
Thanks: 20
Thanked 25 Times in 19 Posts
Garage
I bought some a few weeks ago and sprayed the discs with trigger sprayer after getting discs wet through Decon wash and I wasn’t impressed so yesterday before doing anything I sprayed the discs then washed the car,omg finally the answer to my prayers lol,success brilliant product
Steve0rs6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Steve0rs6 For This Useful Post:
Andyblue (21-10-2018), smarty5927 (21-10-2018), Tyrefitter (21-10-2018)
Old 21-10-2018, 05:07 PM   #26
Andyblue
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Andyblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: In the Dog house
Posts: 3,778
Thanks: 1,279
Thanked 1,747 Times in 1,548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve0rs6 View Post
I bought some a few weeks ago and sprayed the discs with trigger sprayer after getting discs wet through Decon wash and I wasn’t impressed so yesterday before doing anything I sprayed the discs then washed the car,omg finally the answer to my prayers lol,success brilliant product

Cheers - from reading about it, seems it works best applied before you do anything as well as afterwards
Andyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andyblue For This Useful Post:
Steve0rs6 (21-10-2018)
Old 21-10-2018, 10:47 PM   #27
James_R
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
James_R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Notts/Lincs
Posts: 2,550
Thanks: 515
Thanked 971 Times in 774 Posts
Yep spray disc before washing.
Wash one wheel at a time.

Spray atom mac, rinse, wash wheel, rinse, spray atom mac.
It works really well.

When its dried you can sort of see a coating on the disc surface, yet it doesn't affect braking performance at all.

Love this product.
Get it from Bilt Hamber or Ultimate Finish.

It will last for ages at 50ml in a litre bottle.

I just use a Meguiars spray bottle and chemical resistant trigger
James_R is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to James_R For This Useful Post:
Andyblue (22-10-2018), Slick 77 (07-11-2018), Soul boy 68 (22-10-2018)
Old 22-10-2018, 08:56 AM   #28
Andyblue
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Andyblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: In the Dog house
Posts: 3,778
Thanks: 1,279
Thanked 1,747 Times in 1,548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by James_R View Post
Yep spray disc before washing.
Wash one wheel at a time.

Spray atom mac, rinse, wash wheel, rinse, spray atom mac.
It works really well.

When its dried you can sort of see a coating on the disc surface, yet it doesn't affect braking performance at all.

Love this product.
Get it from Bilt Hamber or Ultimate Finish.

It will last for ages at 50ml in a litre bottle.

I just use a Meguiars spray bottle and chemical resistant trigger

Cheers mate, great info
Andyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andyblue For This Useful Post:
James_R (23-10-2018)
Old 03-11-2018, 03:25 PM   #29
blurb
PC Perfectionist
 
blurb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NW London
Posts: 438
Thanks: 38
Thanked 85 Times in 71 Posts
Thought I'd add my tuppence.
I got my new car, '18 plate Golf for reference, a few months back and it came with gloss black wheels which were driving me mad with the dust from the rust post wheel wash. Stumbled across this stuff after watching Forensic Detailing's YouTube video the other week. Went all in and bought a litre of it.
Tried it out today and it is amazing.
Very much like James_R's process, I diluted it down to 5%, sprayed directly onto the discs/calipers of all wheels, left on whilst I got on with other stuff. By the time I got back to the wheels it had dried off, no apparent issue with this (YMMV). Washed each wheel, allowed a moment for the majority of the water to run off, then sprayed liberally on disc/caliper again with the Atom-Mac. Repeat on each wheel. That's it!
I didn't drive the car immediately after so it had all dried off by the time I did take her out. Normally, the discs would be brown, but they were almost as if just driven/braked with. Went out for a few miles on an errand and when I got back there was no rust dust. Awesome stuff

Big thumbs up BH !!
blurb is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blurb For This Useful Post:
Andyblue (03-11-2018), Soul boy 68 (03-11-2018)
Old 03-11-2018, 04:39 PM   #30
Andyblue
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Andyblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: In the Dog house
Posts: 3,778
Thanks: 1,279
Thanked 1,747 Times in 1,548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blurb View Post
Thought I'd add my tuppence.

I got my new car, '18 plate Golf for reference, a few months back and it came with gloss black wheels which were driving me mad with the dust from the rust post wheel wash. Stumbled across this stuff after watching Forensic Detailing's YouTube video the other week. Went all in and bought a litre of it.

Tried it out today and it is amazing.

Very much like James_R's process, I diluted it down to 5%, sprayed directly onto the discs/calipers of all wheels, left on whilst I got on with other stuff. By the time I got back to the wheels it had dried off, no apparent issue with this (YMMV). Washed each wheel, allowed a moment for the majority of the water to run off, then sprayed liberally on disc/caliper again with the Atom-Mac. Repeat on each wheel. That's it!

I didn't drive the car immediately after so it had all dried off by the time I did take her out. Normally, the discs would be brown, but they were almost as if just driven/braked with. Went out for a few miles on an errand and when I got back there was no rust dust. Awesome stuff



Big thumbs up BH !!

Great stuff, good write up - going to buy some, just waiting to see if anyone has offers / free delivery offer around Black Friday as no one local to me stocks it...
Andyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors