Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-08-2018, 11:26 PM   #31
Trix
PC Perfectionist
 
Trix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 386
Thanks: 97
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deje View Post
Matt currently upgrading the gun and lance, I would wait until it's done.
Yeah.. saw that vlog. Cheers.
Trix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2018, 04:49 PM   #32
sean ryan
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
sean ryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,373
Thanks: 1,232
Thanked 418 Times in 327 Posts
**UPDATE**

So i ended up with 2 of these 1 i bought and 1 my wife bought me so i will keep 1 as a spare but the 1 i bought from matt @ obsessed garage i paid £105 for a MTM PF22 Foam Cannon and a 1/4" Male Stainless Plug and shipping then yesterday the tracking said Payment of charges - Item being held, addressee being notified so i emailed matt to see what was going on because nothing like this has ever happened to me before and that was yesterday and i still haven't heard anything then the post man came around and i got a letter from royal mail to say if i wanted my parcel i would have to pay £25 i payed matt $36 shipping now i have to pay more money so obviously i had to go and pay it so it has now cost me £130 lesson well and truly learned.
sean ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sean ryan For This Useful Post:
Trix (27-08-2018)
Old 24-08-2018, 04:58 PM   #33
peterdoherty
Washmitt Meister
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 288
Thanks: 24
Thanked 98 Times in 75 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean ryan View Post
**UPDATE**

So i ended up with 2 of these 1 i bought and 1 my wife bought me so i will keep 1 as a spare but the 1 i bought from matt @ obsessed garage i paid £105 for a MTM PF22 Foam Cannon and a 1/4" Male Stainless Plug and shipping then yesterday the tracking said Payment of charges - Item being held, addressee being notified so i emailed matt to see what was going on because nothing like this has ever happened to me before and that was yesterday and i still haven't heard anything then the post man came around and i got a letter from royal mail to say if i wanted my parcel i would have to pay £25 i payed matt $36 shipping now i have to pay more money so obviously i had to go and pay it so it has now cost me £130 lesson well and truly learned.
Nothing to do with OG - its UK import duties, on some of his videos he is talking about bringing in a new system so these taxes can be collected and pre-paid for by them like some other sites do

$36 P&P is around the figure for delivery from US-UK for something that size.
peterdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2018, 05:04 PM   #34
\Rian
Orbital Oracle
 
\Rian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Taunton
Posts: 727
Thanks: 16
Thanked 235 Times in 197 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean ryan View Post
**UPDATE**

So i ended up with 2 of these 1 i bought and 1 my wife bought me so i will keep 1 as a spare but the 1 i bought from matt @ obsessed garage i paid £105 for a MTM PF22 Foam Cannon and a 1/4" Male Stainless Plug and shipping then yesterday the tracking said Payment of charges - Item being held, addressee being notified so i emailed matt to see what was going on because nothing like this has ever happened to me before and that was yesterday and i still haven't heard anything then the post man came around and i got a letter from royal mail to say if i wanted my parcel i would have to pay £25 i payed matt $36 shipping now i have to pay more money so obviously i had to go and pay it so it has now cost me £130 lesson well and truly learned.
WOW that's pricey for a lance, excuse my ignorance but what sets this apart from say the Idrobase Piuma or A standard snow foam lance, im very happy with my Idrobase Piuma for around £15
\Rian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2018, 05:14 PM   #35
sean ryan
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
sean ryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,373
Thanks: 1,232
Thanked 418 Times in 327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterdoherty View Post
Nothing to do with OG - its UK import duties, on some of his videos he is talking about bringing in a new system so these taxes can be collected and pre-paid for by them like some other sites do

$36 P&P is around the figure for delivery from US-UK for something that size.
I know it has nothing to do with matt but i thought because i paid for shipping that would have been it i didn't know about import taxes as i have bought thing's from america before and this was the first time anything like this had happened to me and tbh i thought matt would have got back to me but he didn't so like i said lesson learned


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rian View Post
WOW that's pricey for a lance, excuse my ignorance but what sets this apart from say the Idrobase Piuma or A standard snow foam lance, im very happy with my Idrobase Piuma for around £15
It's better built and it produces mega foam thats it nothing special i just wanted 1 for about 2 years now and nobody sold them
sean ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2018, 05:34 PM   #36
sean ryan
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
sean ryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,373
Thanks: 1,232
Thanked 418 Times in 327 Posts
Just spoke to matt all good
sean ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2018, 07:26 PM   #37
Deje
PC Perfectionist
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 383
Thanks: 64
Thanked 112 Times in 90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean ryan View Post
Just spoke to matt all good
Out of curiosity, why OB, and not from the Polish ebay site?
Deje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2018, 07:39 PM   #38
wish wash
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
wish wash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Causing mischief in the R35
Posts: 1,359
Thanks: 42
Thanked 587 Times in 478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deje View Post
Out of curiosity, why OB, and not from the Polish ebay site?
That polish site has only been selling them for a month or so. I had one saved in my eBay for months from a company in USA that was £80 that with import included
wish wash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2018, 07:40 PM   #39
sean ryan
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
sean ryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 1,373
Thanks: 1,232
Thanked 418 Times in 327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deje View Post
Out of curiosity, why OB, and not from the Polish ebay site?
I did buy the ebay 1 read the update

"So i ended up with 2 of these 1 i bought and 1 my wife bought me so i will keep 1 as a spare"
sean ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2018, 07:46 PM   #40
Robbi Hong Kong
Washmitt Meister
 
Robbi Hong Kong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 107
Thanks: 18
Thanked 38 Times in 31 Posts
Got mine for £44 off ebay last week.....uk stock....best cannon by far and i have a few....
Robbi Hong Kong is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors