Detailing World Forum banner

2016 Audi R8 V10 Plus 2 day detail

5K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Sawel 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I offered to get it looking its best. The paint was in pretty poor condition, loads of swirling and scratching. He also had this on the Autobahn doing 204 mph.

Took lots of pics to share - All in all, about 20 hours work went into this to get it look its best.

See less See more
#3 ·
Typical prep - full exterior valet, tar removal, paint decontamination... then I had some decals to remove.

Compounded for hours on end with my 3401 and a Scholl topwool pad with S3 XXL Gold. Got really good cut and there was only a small amount of hazing which was easily removed with Scholl S40 on a honey pad with my Flex PE14 rotary.

Glass and windscreen sealed with Angelwax H2GO, Interior given a good clean, engine bay cleaned up - wasn't bad.

Farecla supergloss paste wax on the bodywork and Bouncers looking sweel wheel wax. The black trim had kind of faded so I used Autoglym trim and bumper gel - I'm not sure why the trim I'm referring to at the front side bits and back wasn't in high gloss - I mean, for £140,000 you'd expect it to be high gloss and never to fade but that's Audi for you.

Some stone chips touched up as he picked up quite a few going that fast on the Autobahn with his friend in front going a similar speed in his Mclaren .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.