Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 15-01-2018, 06:58 PM   #51
Deje
PC Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by percymon View Post
Indeed, and even though I (or is that we ??) tried to minimise adaptors/couplings by initial design it's surprising still how many components are involved by the time you create options with lance extensions, foam guns etc
I think that's what makes many appealed by Matt Moreman's package solution, buy everything ready, actually a brilliant idea, it can be pretty confusing for someone who is not involved in all different connections, etc.

Last edited by Deje; 15-01-2018 at 07:13 PM.
Deje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2018, 07:21 PM   #52
Deje
PC Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelghost View Post
Yep that's right, from here https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mosmatic-Pi...app-cvip-panel

Helpfully produced in many, many different combinations of threaded ends

More here for anyone who is interested https://mosmatic.co.uk/product-categ...tic-dgv-swivel
I have a DGS in my gun , and I just bought a DGVI for my hose, absolutely unnecessary of course,I just like how they look, almost a piece of art

Last edited by Deje; 15-01-2018 at 07:36 PM.
Deje is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Deje For This Useful Post:
steelghost (24-01-2018)
Old 15-01-2018, 08:48 PM   #53
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed

Thanked 2,748 Times in 2,057 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapybubbles View Post
I'm not with you on that one mate?

Can you link what you mean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's the middle size of standard QRs - bigger than the 11.6mm ones used for nozzles etc, but smaller than the really chunky 19.5mm. For instance:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F271563872137

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F291998301847

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F352095150570

The point being both the male and female halves of the quick connect can readily be bought with male or female threads, usually in 3/8" BSP form. Makes it easy to minimise the number of parts you use to join your hose to your gun, and to your outlet, since 3/8" BSP is also commonly adapted to and from by lots of other parts.
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2018, 09:06 PM   #54
Soapybubbles
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelghost View Post
It's the middle size of standard QRs - bigger than the 11.6mm ones used for nozzles etc, but smaller than the really chunky 19.5mm. For instance:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F271563872137

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F291998301847

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F352095150570

The point being both the male and female halves of the quick connect can readily be bought with male or female threads, usually in 3/8" BSP form. Makes it easy to minimise the number of parts you use to join your hose to your gun, and to your outlet, since 3/8" BSP is also commonly adapted to and from by lots of other parts.

How do I get the QR connected to my pw though? I'd still need the karcher connector

Soapybubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2018, 09:17 PM   #55
percymon

Garage
Replacement hoses are most typically sold with 3/8" BSP female connectors - you can specify them from some vendors with 3/8" BPS male or other connections such as M22 size.

So if you were to buy a stock hose with 3/8" female ends you'd need either a Karcher plug with a 3/8" male screw on the ends to connect to the hose (or another termination on the Karcher plud and a brdidging adaptor to link the two components).

eg if a Karcher plug had a M22 female connection you'd then need a 3/8" male BSP nipple (for the hose) to M22 male nipple connector (for the plug). where you could then bridge the gap between the hose end and the Karcher plug.

Fortunataly some vendors sell hose with the Karcher plugs already attached, either both ends..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/250bar-Je...sAAOSwTmtaJqIp

or just one end, which then allows other trigger guns/accessories other than Karcher to be used..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200bar-Je....c100005.m1851

Those links purely for illustration of connector options

There are a whole host of options if you want to move away from Karcher components exit the PW outlet, the trick is to find the configuration that results in least metal parts, otherwise before you know it you have 4" or more of solid metal adaptors and connectors sticking out of the PW before the hose starts.

Looking at sellers like pressurewasherpartsuk on eBay can be confusing but it also allows you to see that the user components like hoses, trigger guns, quick releases do come in various options.

Last edited by percymon; 15-01-2018 at 09:28 PM.
percymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2018, 10:07 PM   #56
steelghost

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapybubbles View Post
How do I get the QR connected to my pw though? I'd still need the karcher connector
So, let's say you get one of these for the machine end of your hose, and let's say for the sake of argument that you've got a hose with 3/8" BSP female threads both ends. Per the eBay listing:

Quote:
THIS IS SOLID BRASS FITTING MADE UP OF 2 ITEMS

SPEC

1 X KARCHER MALE QUICK RELEASE PROBE X 3/8BSP MALE

1 X 3/8BSP FEMALE X 22MM MALE SCREW FITTING
So, having put the quick release probe into the machine, you then have a male 3/8" thread (I've assumed you've removed the adapter to M22!) You can then take any fitting you like with a female 3/8" thread and attach it to that male thread on the end of the Karcher specific probe. (I'm assuming the Karcher probe "quick release" isn't going to be as quick as all that, due to the wire clips shown in your picture).

That female thread could be the end of the hose (effectively replicating what you have there now) or it could be one half of a QR fitting; you'd then obtain the other half of that QR, with a male thread, and screw that directly into the end of your 3/8" hose. Then disconnecting your hose from the outlet is as simple as disengaging the QR on the machine end.

Then on your gun, you'd want both sides of the QR (assuming you were using one, and I'd recommend it) to have male 3/8" threads since both the hose and the inlet of your gun have female 3/8" threads.

Hope that makes sense?
Old 15-01-2018, 10:16 PM   #57
dholdi

Do the quick release fittings have a check valve in them like an airline fitting so that when you disconnect whatever from the hose water doesn't come out ?
dholdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2018, 10:27 PM   #58
steelghost

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dholdi View Post
Do the quick release fittings have a check valve in them like an airline fitting so that when you disconnect whatever from the hose water doesn't come out ?
No - the pressures are so much higher it just wouldn't work. Bear in mind, an airline is in the realm of 6, maybe 10 bar. Even a low end pressure washer is 80 bar, and these sorts of fittings can be used in systems pushing 200 bar or more.

When the system is under pressure the QRs are probably not impossible to disengage, but they're much stiffer than normal. That said, if you're upstream of the trigger (ie anything attached to a gun outlet) the high pressure state only applies when you have the trigger pressed, so you can readily change nozzles or lances without depressurising your hose, but changing guns won't work.
The Following User Says Thank You to steelghost For This Useful Post:
dholdi (15-01-2018)
Old 15-01-2018, 11:11 PM   #59
dholdi

Thanks, I didn't think so but wanted to be sure.
dholdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2018, 08:34 AM   #60
Soapybubbles

Garage
Damian has given me 2 options see below

1 X 10 METER HOSE 1/4 1 WIRE BLACK WITH CUFFS 3/8 MALE X 3/8 FEMALE £32.45
1 X KARCHER BRASS MALE PROBE X 3/8 MALE £7.80
1 X POSTAGE £9.00
TOTAL £49.25

1 X 10 METER HOSE 1/4 1 WIRE BLACK WITH CUFFS 3/8 MALE X KARCHER MALE BRASS PROBE WITH SWIVEL £52.30
1 X POSTAGE £9.00
TOTAL £61.30

Soapybubbles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diy, pressure, upgrade, washer