Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 26-12-2017, 12:46 PM   #1
Carvell
Sponge Jockey

PW, hose, lance etc upgrade

Afternoon,
I have an old flat hosepipe where the water travels along three thin channels in the hose. I think it's designed not to kink and also to store really small. I then have a Karcher K2 PW which is standard with the short power washer hose (6m). Finally I have autobrite snow foam lance.

I find the power washer removes very little dirt on its own. Ultimate finish snow foam sheets off rapidly and is very thin and has little effort. BH snow foam again sheets off pretty rapid but does loosen some dirt when rinsed off with a power washer. With both snow foams it's like they are too wet.

What is most likely to be my limiting factor and therefore what should I upgrade first?

Thanks
Carvell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2017, 01:07 PM   #2
dholdi
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

The hose would be the first thing I would try.
dholdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2017, 01:32 PM   #3
Mcpx

I would change the hose too. BH foam is known for being quite un-foamy but if you are having the same issue with other products it may be that the pw is not getting enough flow to it. This can also be bad news for the pw motor too, which is why you shouldn’t even use water stop connectors with them.
Mcpx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2017, 01:49 PM   #4
fatdazza

Thanked 1,695 Times in 1,216 Posts
First check the flow from the end of your hose. Your karcher will need 7 litres a minute to feed the karcher. If you cannot get that out of your hose then that is your issue.
fatdazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2017, 07:30 PM   #5
Carvell
Sponge Jockey

Cool I will give that a test when Im next outside. So it should pretty much fill half a big bucket. Thanks for the suggestions.
Carvell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2017, 03:19 PM   #6
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed

Thanked 2,755 Times in 2,063 Posts
Garage
I suspect your K2 is the limiting factor here. The working pressure and flow rate is 80 bar at 5.2 litres / minute, which is a bit low, particularly on the pressure side, for really effective cleaning.
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2017, 03:49 PM   #7
steve_07

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelghost View Post
I suspect your K2 is the limiting factor here. The working pressure and flow rate is 80 bar at 5.2 litres / minute, which is a bit low, particularly on the pressure side, for really effective cleaning.
i would agree. i had a nilfisk c110 which i think is similar in water flow and pressure to a K2 and i had an upgraded hose and it wasn't the most impressive machine and i always wondered why my snow foam was a little runny compared to other peoples you see.

I now have a c130 which is an equivalent to a K4 with the same hose and snow foam lance off my c110 and the difference is massive in cleaner power.
steve_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2017, 05:44 PM   #8
Chris Donaldson
Orbital Oracle

Have you altered the setting on the top of the lance? Try screwing the knob up or down to see how much thicker the foam becomes. I may be teaching you to suck eggs but it's just a thought.
Chris Donaldson is offline   Reply With Quote