Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Valet Pro
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2018, 06:16 PM   #1
Cookies
Distinguished Detailer + Dw Reviewer

Thanked 4,980 Times in 3,646 Posts
Garage
12 Days of Christmas - Day 10 Bonus Prize

There's nothing quite like receiving a parcel you're either not expecting, or have forgotten about. This afternoon, I arrived home to a package from your good selves at Valet Pro, it was my prize from the 12 days of Christmas day 10 bonus draw, the Valet Pro exterior kit. It contained Advanced Poseidon Car Wash, Dragon's Breath, Glass Cleaner, Bug Remover, Mad Wax, an interior detailing brush, an applicator sponge and a plush microfibre towel. :-D

To say I'm delighted is an understatement. I really appreciate it, thank you very much to all at Valet Pro for making prizes available for the DW 12 Days of Christmas Prize draw.

Here are a few pics of what arrived today. I'll post a review of the products in the next week or so, weather permitting.

Very many thanks again.

Niall

Sent from my Wenger 16999
Cookies is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Cookies For This Useful Post:
1Valet PRO (08-01-2018), Derekh929 (04-01-2018), DLGWRX02 (04-01-2018), Fruitcake (04-01-2018), macca666 (04-01-2018), Rían P (06-01-2018), rojer386 (05-01-2018), Scotie (04-01-2018), stonejedi (06-01-2018), WHIZZER (08-01-2018)
Old 04-01-2018, 07:32 PM   #2
macca666
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,793 Times in 1,099 Posts
Garage
Looks a nice kit Cooks I agree it's always good to get a delivery you weren't expecting especially if it's as nice as that
macca666 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to macca666 For This Useful Post:
Cookies (04-01-2018), WHIZZER (05-01-2018)
Old 04-01-2018, 07:58 PM   #3
cleslie

Garage
What a nice box of goodies
cleslie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cleslie For This Useful Post:
Cookies (04-01-2018)
Old 06-01-2018, 08:17 PM   #4
Cookies

Garage
OK, I managed to get out to give the car a quick wash this morning, and thought I'd give the Dragon's Breath a go on the wheels, as they were looking pretty dirty.

Anyhoo, the bottle is unmistakably Valet Pro, using a very clean, eye-catching brand on a white background. The instructions are very clear and simple to follow. Spray on, leave for 5 - 10 minutes and agitate if necessary.

So, the car was foamed and power washed. Dragon's Breath was then applied to the wheels of Mrs Cooks wee DS3. It was at this point that I decided to change vehicles as it was going to be difficult to see the bleeding on the black and silver rims.

So, on to the winter wheels of my 3 series. Again, foamed and power washed first, Dragon breath was applied liberally and left to dwell for around 10 minutes. Boy does this stuff stink - Dragon's Breath it definitely is lol.

I may be jumping ahead a wee bit here, but I noticed something at this point. Not with the product, but with the spray pattern of the nozzle; it seems to stream rather than spray. Now, the likelihood is that it's down to the viscosity of the product, and it's not really an issue, just something I noticed when applying.

After the Dragon's Breath was left to dwell, there was a significant mount of bleeding on the wheels, especially in the barrels. Now, these are regularly tended to and cleaned, but I'll admit that it's been a while since I last did a full decontamination on them.

The Dragon's Breath was power washed off, and appeared to do a really sterling job of getting rid of the brake dust.

Verdict
Well, I've used quite a few fallout removers over the years, but I haven't used Dragon's Breath in a long time. If I'm honest, I had forgotten quite how effective a product it is.

Cooks was very impressed - C is for cracking product lol.

Once again, thank you to Valet Pro for making the prizes available for the 12 days competition. Further reviews from my prize box to follow.

Cheers.

Cooks

Last edited by Cookies; 06-01-2018 at 08:24 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cookies For This Useful Post:
1Valet PRO (11-01-2018), Ben_W (14-01-2018), macca666 (07-01-2018), Rían P (06-01-2018), stonejedi (06-01-2018)
Old 06-01-2018, 08:22 PM   #5
Gixxer6

Congrats on the win Cookies.
Looking forward to the product reviews.
Gixxer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gixxer6 For This Useful Post:
Cookies (06-01-2018)
Old 06-01-2018, 11:33 PM   #6
Rían P

Garage
Congratulations on winning Cooks! Real good prize there, you'll enjoy every product! I'n still working through the stuff I got a few years ago! Every product is top class- mad wax is very surprising for it's price. Actually, it's just a good wax full stop! Haha
Rían P is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rían P For This Useful Post:
1Valet PRO (11-01-2018), Cookies (06-01-2018)
Old 06-01-2018, 11:49 PM   #7
dholdi

How did you forget about something as awesome as this
dholdi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dholdi For This Useful Post:
1Valet PRO (11-01-2018), Cookies (07-01-2018)
Old 07-01-2018, 12:15 AM   #8
Cookies

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dholdi View Post
How did you forget about something as awesome as this
I know. I don't know about other folk, but I kinda get lost in the myriad of other products and lose track sometimes when I'm buying and trying. It's only when you come back to an 'earlier' one that you realise how good it actually is.

Cooks

Old 08-01-2018, 09:53 AM   #9
1Valet PRO
Sponsor

Thank you Cookies for taking us through the use of Dragons Breath. I really pleased you like it.

Spray patten - Your find come the summertime the spray pattern improves as the warmth thins the gel. We do stand by the gel design because it clings to the wheel longer and improves the cleaning power. Gels are great products. Spraying with domestic triggers will come out in a narrower stream, put more energy in to pulling the trigger and your get a wider spray. However there is an alternative and this is the way I personally use Dragons Breath. https://www.valetpro.eu/Accessories/...istant-Trigger and https://www.valetpro.eu/Accessories/...fDilute-Bottle the ValetPRO trigger bottle is great for spraying gels. Because it sprays a fine gel product this gives you better coverage and uses less product. It is well worth the investment on good quality trade triggers on gel based products. Other water thin products the ValetPRO domestic triggers are really good quality and will last and bottles can be refilled.

I hope that tips helps. If you do try let me know your thoughts.

Look forward to your other product reviews.

I agree with the comment above about Mad Wax being a great low cost wax. Just a quick tip, it is very easy to over use Mad Wax because it is soft. Make sure you use a thin even spread of wax. Buffing up should be incredibly easy. Smears indicate too much product has been used and in these cases wax has not cured properly. If this happens its worth spreading the wax until it thins out correctly and the buffing. You can wax the whole car prior to buffing and buffing should be extremely easy.
Cookies (08-01-2018)
Old 14-01-2018, 04:19 PM   #10
Cookies

Garage
Hi all.

I managed to brave the elements arlier today and ventured out to give Mrs Cooks' car a wash. So, a perfect opportunity to try out another part of the Valet Pro prize a e I won. This time, it's the Advanced Poseidon Car Wash.

I had a look on the website first of all, to see what Valet Pro itself says about Advanced Poseidon. So, from the valetpro.eu website (and the front of the bottle funnily enough), Advanced Poseidon Car Wash:-
- IS A POWERFUL YET GENTLE CAR SHAMPOO THAT RINSES OFF EASILY
- LEAVES A HIGH GLOSS, WATER REPELLING FINISH
- IMPROVES DRYING TIME
- PROLONGS WAX AND PAINT SEALANT LIFE BY ADDING A SACRIFICIAL, HIGH GLOSS COATING
- WASH SPONGE OR HAND MITT WILL GLIDE OVER PAINT WORK

So with that all in mind, I looked at the dilution instructions: 10 to 20ml for every 5 litres of water.

So, I added around 50ml to my wash bucket, which is around 15 litres, and filled with hot water. It sudded up nicely in the bucket, but there wasn't very much transferring from the wash mitt onto the panel. So, I simply added another 20ml and it made a huge difference.

At this point it did feel as if I was using quite a bit of product, although I live in quite a hard water area, so usually need to do this with car wash products.

The wash mitt glided across the panel, it appeared to clean very effectively, and rinsed very easily indeed, just as the product description says.

If I'm completely honest, I cant say that the car was any easier to dry than when using other products, but it definitely was no more difficult.

Washed and dried, the wee car looks fresh as a daisy.

So, to conclude, it's a really good product that seems to do what it says on the tin.

Cooks

Last edited by Cookies; 14-01-2018 at 04:23 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cookies For This Useful Post:
1Valet PRO (15-01-2018)