5K views 24 replies 18 participants last post by  bigbruiser 
#1 ·

I see brushes like this used in some detailers posts/videos

who else uses one and how effective are they for spokes etc

I use wheel whoolies and a wheel mitt

See less See more
#7 ·
Useless

I have tried the wilko version and its rubbish for my Y spoke wheels I stick to a MITT, it is great for sweeping of the crud off car mats before a vacuum

http://www.wilko.com/car-cleaning/w...VzrXtCh1_FAIMEAQYASABEgK1vvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

For arches the tuf shine tire brush is unbeatable as it has short stiff bristles and an ergonomic handle, I brought it with the intention of using it for my tires but its to big for my low profile tires

#10 ·
In what respect ? im only a weekend warrior so don't need a bush that will last 2000 wheel cleans, the bristles are soft as they are feather/split tips just like the Vikan, I compared it to the Halfords one and the wilko one seamed softer to, the build quality is fine also.

The Vikan one will be better build quality obviously

but I don't think we are debating build quality as the question was who uses a brush LIKE the one in the picture and my answer was for my Y spoke wheels with 20 spokes its rubbish !!!

#16 ·
I've got one similar, but a more round shape. It's great for agitating wheel cleaner on "really" dirty wheels (with Bilberry for example the bristles turn caked on surface dirt into an easy to rinse brown gloop). Doesn't get surface marks off though so if the wheels aren't filthy I stick to my random noodle sponge.

Not a bad tool to have in your arsenal either way.

#20 ·
Depends on the style of wheel really for effectiveness I always have the following in my wheel bucket...

Wheel Woolie Set including angled one
EZ details brush small
3 different sizes of detail brush (valetpro style)
long handled version of what you have shown

and going to order another ez brush large as mine just broke

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.