Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 05-01-2018, 09:20 AM   #11
andyfish
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by voon View Post
A good PW is heavy. My Kränzle 2160 is 40 KG. Why? Because the engine is solid and a powerful low RPM (way less annoying noise) runner and mostly, because the pumphead (the actual compression chambers on top of the engine etc) is all brass. That's one of the telltale signs of a quality PW. All Kränzle are that way, actual top end Kärchers still might (or use the cheaper Aluminium pump heads). Kärcher of old was a homemade, local solid brand. Kärcher now is cheap China mass production, with the cheap plastic pumpheads on all lower to midrange models, that are imho rubbish.

And that's why my Kränzle has a 15m Hose with a turnable drum.
Thank you that's very helpful: I suspect my Karcher is a reasonable unit as it's a very early model and very heavy (in my mind!)

I have a £400 budget (can stretch to £500 but would use a lot of banked good will from the Mrs which i have other plans for!) - would my budget buy a set up similar to yours?
andyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 09:30 AM   #12
voon
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
150 too expensive? It has a brass head.
voon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 10:41 AM   #13
\Rian

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atkinson91 View Post
I've got a nilfisk that is a solid unit, its the E140.3-9 X-Tra....its outlasted any other PW I've had, infact once I had to go out after cleaning my car but left the unit on with no water supply attached and for whatever reason, I came back to a garage full of smoke and the unit running, still runs like a dream with no leaks

you can get a good array off additional attachments for it although I focused on getting the 90 degree attachment for arches and a wide angled fan nozzle to cover more area.
I got it from screwfix a good few years back but I've just took a quick look to see if the price was the same (£200) but I cant even see the e140 on their site anymore!

Only problem I have with the machine....well, hose... its the awful plastic material that loves to curl itself back up when your not looking and get knotted....so do as others have suggested and get a longer rubber hose from qwashers on ebay
Plus 1 , got this not long ago and its an excellent machine, regarding a replacement hose, ive contacted qwashers and they are not sure if the hose for the e140 2.9 will fit this one, i need to check the banjo bolt
\Rian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 10:56 AM   #14
Leebo310

Get the E140 from Amazon currently at £169.99 then spend another £50 odd on a 15m reinforced hose from Direct Hoses.
Lots of people seem to recommend Q washers but I emailed, text and phoned them and never got any response to any of it so quite happily took my money to Direct Hoses who were much more helpful.
Leebo310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 11:17 AM   #15
Rían P

Garage
I recently bought the Nilfisk 150 and must say it is some piece of kit.

I went for it over the 130/140 due to brass cylinder head, brass fittings, and 10m wire core hose which is anti-kink.

Plenty of power with 5m mains cable. Can vary pressure coming out of lance via end fitting.

I usually set it at the back of the car which allows me to walk round pretty much the whole car, though there will be times i habe to go round the other way. A Rover 75 is longer than you think!
Rían P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 11:24 AM   #16
\Rian

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leebo310 View Post
Get the E140 from Amazon currently at £169.99 then spend another £50 odd on a 15m reinforced hose from Direct Hoses.
Lots of people seem to recommend Q washers but I emailed, text and phoned them and never got any response to any of it so quite happily took my money to Direct Hoses who were much more helpful.
Is yours the 3.9 or the 2.9 as I know the hose upgrade fits the 2.9 but unsure if it fits the 3.9?
Old 05-01-2018, 11:28 AM   #17
Leebo310

3.9 Xtra buddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-01-2018, 11:37 AM   #18
\Rian

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leebo310 View Post
3.9 Xtra buddy

Your a star, you dont have the link to the hose by any chance, sorry to be a pest
Old 05-01-2018, 11:40 AM   #19
Leebo310

I don’t mate. I’ve just checked (before you’d asked actually!) and it was through eBay and a while ago so my history doesn’t go back that far!
They had a few different types from memory but only a few were compatible with the hose reel. Like I said, I just emailed them and they confirmed which one fitted.

Old 05-01-2018, 12:34 PM   #20
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed

Thanked 2,768 Times in 2,071 Posts
Garage
If you're up for a wee bit of a project you could make something really cracking:

Annovi Reverberi 11 litres / min @ 110 bar pump and motor - £200 EDIT: The price excludes VAT and carriage at £22 so isn't quite as much of a bargain as it first appeared....sorry if I got anyone's hopes up!

20m rubber hose - £45

A gun, lance and nozzle setup of your choice - lots to choose from - say, £60

Rubber mains cable and plug - £22

Platform trolley - £20

Some suitable anti-vibration mountings for the pump and motor - £20 (not sure what size the mounting threads on the AR unit are, guessing M8/M10?)

IP66 junction box - £5

By my maths that comes to £372, the balance being for a suitable piece of plywood to mount the motor / pump and junction box to (with the anti-vibe mountings), whatever hardware is needed to attach that plywood to the platform trolley, and any adaptors needed to get the hose to attach to the gun

Easy to move, loads of performance, loads of hose, whatever gun and lance setup you want, plus a nice little project to build it all up.

(I completely understand that this is not everyone's cup of tea if you're looking for an out of the box solution, but the performance would be superb and being an AR pump and motor, you will be able to get spare parts, service etc so it should last you a long while).

Or just get the right adaptors etc to put a proper hose on the Karcher you've got - you mentioned it's cross threaded but with sufficient care it ought to be possible to get something to fit to give you a "new" outlet that a longer hose can be attached to.

Last edited by steelghost; 08-01-2018 at 05:46 PM.
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to steelghost For This Useful Post:
AndyN01 (03-04-2018), Hereisphilly (05-01-2018), Soapybubbles (16-01-2018)