Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Nasiol
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2017, 07:53 PM   #61
nbray67
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 2,153 Times in 1,588 Posts
Garage
Right, finally had time from work and the weather to do my decon/winter prep on the car with my LSP being Nasiol ZR53.

I only have finished pictures but the application of the ZR53 as got to be the easiest coating out there to apply!

So, the instructions say to apply to cleansed bare paint but for me, I polished the paint with CarPro Essence as it's a stunning polish to use and lays down a good base for their sealants so I thought, why not give ZR53 a go on top of it.

Prep (the hard bit) -

The car is only 6mths old with very good paint so it was a decon, wash and then polish with Essence via my Vertool Force Drive polish.
The finish this left was simply flawless and it looked extremely glossy prior to the ZR53 application.

Application (the easy part!) -

All panels were wiped down with Gtechniq Panel Wipe as I don't have Nasiol Clean.
Once this was done, I pulled on the pair of latex gloves that came in the box and simply dabbed the supplied cotton pads with 3 drops of the ZR53 and applied it to half a panel at a time in criss cross straight lines to start with then circular motions to ensure the panel was fully covered.

Removal (as easy as application!) -
This was done within a minute of application as you can see the ZR53 start to form long droplets on the panel. (best way I can describe the reaction)
Removal is via the supplied short nap MF that is supplied. It removes so so easy that I was quite surprised as I expected it to be 'grabby' which is wasn't at all.
Once removed, I gave it a final buff with the ultra soft MF that was also supplied in the pack. This MF glided across the paint with ease to leave a 'glass' like finish.
Very very impressive imo.

I changed the cotton applicator panels regularly as you can feel them starting to stiffen slightly. I also used an additional 2 short nap MF's (Kirkland) during the removal for the whole car.
It took me nigh on 1.5hrs to complete as I took my time to ensure I applied it to the whole paintwork. I had no roof to coat as it's a BMW cab but I reckon the same application time would be the same for a mid size car.

Verdict and Pic's -

For me, the application and removal make this a dream coating to use. The finish is exceptional, like glass, and my crappy iPhone 5C pic's don't do it the justice it deserves.
I'll not know if having Essence as a base will affect durability but time will tell.

Ease of application - 10/10
Ease of removal - 10/10
Final Finish - 10/10
Water Behaviour - TBC once it's cured (upto 48hrs)
Durability - TBC with updates in the coming months.

nbray67 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nbray67 For This Useful Post:
LewisChadwick7 (06-10-2017), Nasiol Selo (17-10-2017), ronwash (06-10-2017), transtek (03-11-2017)