Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Gallery > The Showroom
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Showroom Detailed something and want to show it off? Do it here... This is the place for you to show the world....

Old 17-05-2017, 06:13 PM   #1
Tim662
PC Perfectionist

Garage
Porsche Boxster once over

Had the pleasure of doing a little spruce up on this limited edition boxster at the weekend.

Car was already in great condition, with freshly refurbished wheels which I had coated in C5 two weeks before. Amazing stuff, just the pressure washer cleaned them almost completely, anything else picked up with just Adams car shampoo.

On arrival:

In the small patches of sun we were getting it was amazingly defect free for 13 years!

So, with that in mind a basic protection detail was in order.

After the wheels and tyres were cleaned the soft top was scrubbed with chemical guys nonsense at 10:1, car washed using two bucket method with Adams shampoo, loosely dried and gyeon tar applied focusing on the lower sections of the car. Then after rinsing a test patch of gyeon iron fetched up nothing, so moved on to the clay towel on the glass followed by the body work.

Car was then rinsed and dried for the final time, AutoGlym Super Resin polish applied to fill in any minor marring followed by a coat of Chemical guys Pete's 53 wax.

Finally the glass was cleaned with Sonax glass cleaner, and tyres dressed with Carpro perl. The owner also did some light interior cleaning with the nonsense.

Here are the results:

All in about 4 hours work. I'll be returning this weekend or next to apply Gtechniq C4 to all the plastic trims. Looking forward to how much this should transform the scuttle in particular.

Tim662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2017, 06:28 PM   #2
SimTaylor
Washmitt Meister

Lovely job. When it returns remove the tax disc too.
SimTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2017, 07:50 PM   #3
NeoEvo8
Sponge Jockey

Good job. The carpro perl tyre dress looks like good stuff. How was it applied and do you know roughly how long it lasts?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
NeoEvo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2017, 08:39 PM   #4
Tim662
PC Perfectionist

Garage
Thanks guys! Funnily enough one of the first things I said was can I remove the tax disc but he wanted it left in there!

I love perl, it was applied using a cheap foam wax applicator at full strength right from the bottle. Have found it to last up to 2 weeks on my car. Also works very well diluted down 1:1 for plastic trims, but as I knew we'd be going for C4 I didn't want to have to remove it later.
Tim662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2017, 07:55 AM   #5
NeoEvo8
Sponge Jockey

Thanks 👍

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
NeoEvo8 is offline   Reply With Quote