Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Interior & Glass
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Interior & Glass Discuss All your Interior Issue - Dash - Seats and All the Car Glass Areas - Interior Dressing, Leather etc

Old 28-11-2017, 06:35 PM   #21
Dan J
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by saul View Post
Can I ask, when applying any of these products in this weather would it be beneficial to have the screen heater on to help with curing?
After you have applied and removed residue yes but i wouldnt recommend it while the product is still on the glass as it could cause issues when removing the residue.
Dan J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2017, 07:29 PM   #22
rojer386
Orbital Oracle

I will be applying G1 for the second time this weekend. I applied it around January this year to my M140i, write up found here - http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=389331

Recently my windscreen got cracked by a stone so it's being replaced this week.

Yes the application of G1 is a long process but I love the performance of it. I've used other rain repellants too like H2Go etc and find them also very good in terms of performance but it's the durability for me that wins.

On flicking through youtube, it seems that in this video at 1 minute 20seconds, the detailer mixes G2 and IPA in a spray bottle -
Has anyone else done this and does it make the removal of the G1 residue any easier?

Last edited by rojer386; 28-11-2017 at 07:31 PM.
rojer386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2017, 08:16 PM   #23
mawallace
Washmitt Meister

If you look on the Youtuce channel he is asked about the IPA and the G2 solution. He says....

G2 is basically IPA so I just put my latest bottle of G2 in my IPA bottle to top it up.
mawallace is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mawallace For This Useful Post:
rojer386 (28-11-2017)
Old 28-11-2017, 08:19 PM   #24
rojer386
Orbital Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mawallace View Post
If you look on the Youtuce channel he is asked about the IPA and the G2 solution. He says....

G2 is basically IPA so I just put my latest bottle of G2 in my IPA bottle to top it up.
I didn't actually read any comments, thanks.

I may consider this on the weekend as his removal of G1 looks effortless.
rojer386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2017, 09:12 PM   #25
Chris Donaldson
Orbital Oracle

I've bought some H2go which I'll be putting on this week. Looking forward to the results but worried about wiper judder. Any advice to avoid this?
Chris Donaldson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2017, 09:22 PM   #26
BrummyPete

Good prep will help and clean the wipers well or replace them

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
BrummyPete is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BrummyPete For This Useful Post:
Chris Donaldson (28-11-2017)
Old 28-11-2017, 09:47 PM   #27
mawallace
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Donaldson View Post
I've bought some H2go which I'll be putting on this week. Looking forward to the results but worried about wiper judder. Any advice to avoid this?
Let me know how it goes!
mawallace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2017, 11:37 PM   #28
Mark R5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojer386 View Post
I will be applying G1 for the second time this weekend. I applied it around January this year to my M140i, write up found here - http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=389331

Recently my windscreen got cracked by a stone so it's being replaced this week.

Yes the application of G1 is a long process but I love the performance of it. I've used other rain repellants too like H2Go etc and find them also very good in terms of performance but it's the durability for me that wins.

On flicking through youtube, it seems that in this video at 1 minute 20seconds, the detailer mixes G2 and IPA in a spray bottle - How to apply Gtechniq G1 Clear Vision Smart Glass - Cambridge Autogleam detailing demo - YouTube

Has anyone else done this and does it make the removal of the G1 residue any easier?
I have just had a read of your thread when you applied it in Jan this year where the temp was approx 10c and curing time was 30 mins.

Tomorrow where I am it states it's going to be a max of 5c so would I be looking at an hours curing time? I appreciate that I'm not really applying it in ideal circumstances and temperatures but needs must.
Mark R5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mark R5 For This Useful Post:
rojer386 (29-11-2017)
Old 29-11-2017, 05:27 PM   #29
Mark R5

Well I had a crack at applying this today. Managed to locate two lots of 15ml of G2 and some IPA so added them together in to a spray bottle to ease the process when removing excess residue.

So washed the car as per normal and dried the glass using a Gyeon Q2M silk drying towel - cracking towel.

I then used G4 polish and did the windscreen half at a time. I then used the G2 / IPA mix to aid the removal of the G4. I gave it an extra spritz of G2 and then set about applying the G1. Unfortunately I didn't have any G6 to apply as per the instructional video already posted.

I applied to G1 as per the video; straight lines then circular motion covering each half of the windscreen three times. I then made a brew and sat in the car with the heated screen on for 15 minutes and then used the G2 to aid removal.

Just as I was packing up the grey skies descended and the inevitable happened. So I thought I'd take the car out to see if it had worked.

Even at 20mph the bigger beads were moving off the windscreen, up to 30mph and it was clear I was going to be impressed. Then on to the 70mph dual carriageway and boom exactly as I remembered the product to be.

All in all, well impressed and despite it only being 5 degrees it's still cured nicely.

Cheeky bead shot:

Mark R5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark R5 For This Useful Post:
BrummyPete (29-11-2017), rojer386 (29-11-2017)
Old 29-11-2017, 06:21 PM   #30
suspal
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 4,070 Times in 3,298 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saul View Post
Can I ask, when applying any of these products in this weather would it be beneficial to have the screen heater on to help with curing?
Saul,yes it is advised on the colder days turning on the heater with the blowers directed to the windscreen to help with the curing.
I'll not add my list of glass coatings to the list,but if the op is looking for quick and easy then Car Pro H20 is simple an easy.
suspal is offline   Reply With Quote