Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Interior & Glass
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Interior & Glass Discuss All your Interior Issue - Dash - Seats and All the Car Glass Areas - Interior Dressing, Leather etc

Old 09-01-2018, 11:03 AM   #11
virgiltracey
Sponge Jockey

Poundland do hanging damp trap called "Damprid" It's meant for cupboards but you can hang it off your rear view mirror when you leave the car and it should absorb moisture in the air and stop it settling on the windscreen.
I keep one in my centre cubby and stick it on the mirror when I leave the car for a few days.
virgiltracey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 11:48 AM   #12
\Rian
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgiltracey View Post
Poundland do hanging damp trap called "Damprid" It's meant for cupboards but you can hang it off your rear view mirror when you leave the car and it should absorb moisture in the air and stop it settling on the windscreen.
I keep one in my centre cubby and stick it on the mirror when I leave the car for a few days.

I do this and its surprising how much moisture their is in a seemingly dry car.

An alternative is to by a bag of silica crystal cat litter and make your own damp trap, loads of instructions out their for silica crystal dehumidifiers
\Rian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 12:13 PM   #13
Nanoman
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,848 Times in 981 Posts
Garage
If it's mist I wouldn't be concerned.

If it's ice to the point that you get water droplets on the inside of the windscreen you need to take action quickly.

Large quantities of water condensing on the inside of the windscreen generally means you have water ingress somewhere.

Priority 1
Feel under carpets and check all the lowest points of the car, footwells & wheel well, plus side bins in boot.

Priority 2
DO NOT let water drip/dribble down the windscreen as it thaws/heats. I can't emphasize this enough. Water will drip down the back of your dashboard which is rammed with sensitive electrics. Use a towel or microfibre to catch any drips.

Priority 3
Fix the leak ASAP. High humidity in the car will corrode electrical components, particularly contact switches, even if no water comes into contact with the component. It will get very expensive very quickly.

Priority 4
If it's been happening for a while or there is a lot of water sell it or burn it.
Nanoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 02:09 PM   #14
DimitriUK
Sponge Jockey

Had the same problem before bought 4 dehumidifiers, 2 placed in front, 2 in back consoles, used rain x in the inside and a foggy/frosted inside windscreen is a thing of the past
DimitriUK is offline   Reply With Quote