Detailing World Forum banner

New Steed

4K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  tom_painter85 
#1 ·
Picked up courtesy of Kawasaki last week. Can't say it's been the best weather for it, but by jingo what a beast...

Gutted it has to go back at the end of the month...:(

Kawasaki ZZR1400 2012 by Tommy_Painter, on Flickr

See less See more
#3 ·
The M5. Pick a dry morning. Just after dawn. Preferably on a Sunday. Go and wring it's neck if only for a few seconds. Report back when you've stopped shaking :lol:

Have fun with that, don't think I could ever stop playing with the acceleration available if I had a go on one though, and I know I'd be screaming like a girl if I tried to max it out somewhere :lol:

#6 ·
The M5. Pick a dry morning. Just after dawn. Preferably on a Sunday. Go and wring it's neck if only for a few seconds. Report back when you've stopped shaking :lol:

Have fun with that, don't think I could ever stop playing with the acceleration available if I had a go on one though, and I know I'd be screaming like a girl if I tried to max it out somewhere :lol:
I've wrung its neck for about a second and screamed like a girl without even getting close to maxing it out. It really is a cruise missile! But so easy to handle, and very comfy.

Fancy a ride then Mick?!

#9 ·
It's a good bike they've still not sorted the first gear Kawasaki clunk but a very smooth bike to ride, smooth gear changes up and down the box, handles like its on rails a little too powerful in the wet even on the full traction control setting, cracking noise off the exhaust, riding position too cramped for me and I've found i get a sore neck after a while looking out through the top 5mm of my visor, fuel consumption a little scary sometimes .. personally a bike to have a bit of fun on now and then but couldn't go touring on it .. To me it's an expensive toy ;)

#10 ·
Well, a little update for you all.

Did over 3,500 miles in 4 weeks on here and loved every second. Handed it back to the dealer and I was more than a little gutted.

I decided I couldn't bear to go back to my Yammy MT-03 (great little bike but...well, just no) so rode a couple of other bikes yesterday. Tried a 2010 Daytona 675 SE, Sprint ST and a Versys 1000.

This morning I put a deposit on the bike I did 3,500 miles on. Nothing even comes close! I can't describe what it is about the ZZR, but I just can't not have it...the only thing I'm worried about is my licence, but I'll just be really sensible...:rolleyes:

:lol:

Roll on October when I pick it up! :thumb:

#13 ·
It's a really nice torquey lump, yes, but runs out of puff pretty quickly. Handles quite well, but I find it a bit of an odd riding position. Very comfy and good on fuel, so makes it a good commuter, but I got bored of it pretty quickly. That said, I was riding the ZZR, so pretty much anything is boring compared to that!

#14 ·
Well, picked it up on Friday and rode it home. First time since the beginning of August I'd ridden it.

WOW. Absolutely epic, I'd forgotten how good it was. Effortless power and so comfy. Needs a bit more noise though, but I'll get some new cans at some point. Needs a quick detail before I put her to bed for the winter but I'll pop up some pictures when it's done

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.