Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Interior & Glass
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Interior & Glass Discuss All your Interior Issue - Dash - Seats and All the Car Glass Areas - Interior Dressing, Leather etc

Old 16-02-2018, 03:29 PM   #31
JJ_
DW Sponsor

Thanked 1,971 Times in 1,228 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiestaRed View Post
Most of the other air fresheners I've tried seem only to last a couple of hours at the best, some far less than that.

How good are the M&K in the "long lasting" stakes?
It's a difficult one to answer as most sprays can only hold onto what they are sprayed on.

What you pay for here is the quality of the fragrance.

The air in a car is always changing from opening doors/windows and air vents.

I always advise spraying onto a bit of greaseproof paper and putting it under the rear passenger seats, this means when the heat is turned on, it will infuse the car.

I use 10x more concentration than the guidelines for a room spray. Some fragrances are more delicate. If you are looking for a long-lasting. I'd opt for something like Cologne/Sandalwood. Cucumber for instance, is a delicate fragrance- one we originally made for an Aston Martin...to match his custom wax.

I've used a few reviews of 11 below;

Oliver Streatfeild
Smell of Success
I'm always cautious when purchasing new fragrances I've not tried before in case I'm left with a bottle of something I don't like. I needn't have worried!!
Cologne smells like success! It's a masculine fragrance that could easily find itself amongst the aftershave counter in a department store!
Some car fragrances last a matter of days - not Cologne. The fragrance lasts weeks before a little top up is needed.
The bottle sets it apart from other air fresheners. It's a touch of class that almost demands you leave it on display in your car!

Darren Sams
Fragrance that lasts
I was delighted to finally find a fragrance that smells great and lasts too! Everyone notices it when they get in the car and says how good it smells. With a choice of so many fragrances the hardest thing with this is which one to choose next!

robert whyte
Lemon pie
Very good product smells really lovely fragrance last very long time in car

Samir
Iv bought a few different scents in 150ml to try out and I really like these. Sprayed a few squirts onto the carpets in the car and left a lovely smell for days. Not too strong and doesn't disappear after a day like others iv tried.

Andrew
Great scents that last for ages. I opted for Cologne and it's a great match for the Kouros spray, it doesn't smell like a sickly aditive it smells like the real thing. It's so good my wife had now ordered one for her car!

Last edited by JJ_; 16-02-2018 at 03:38 PM.
JJ_ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JJ_ For This Useful Post:
FiestaRed (16-02-2018)
Old 16-02-2018, 03:50 PM   #32
weedougall78
Washmitt Meister

Garage
I have a sample of M&K Mango its very nice, if I closed my eyes I'd be tempted to drink it. I find it natural smelling I guess, can't smell any alcohol or anything.

New Car Fragrance is good as well.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
weedougall78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2018, 05:26 AM   #33
J55TTC
Washmitt Meister

Interesting. The dealer reckons itís autoglym fresh linen but you canít get it anywhere by the looks of it - Iím also not convinced heís right. So, after some reading and the comments here I tried autosmart design blast. Not too bad but itís not the correct fragrance..... Iíll keep trying.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
J55TTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2018, 06:03 AM   #34
Atkinson91
Washmitt Meister

That smell is Autoglym Odour eliminator (purple lable), I got several bottles and its exactly as you described, an aftershave type smell....its smells lovely for around a few hours but soon dissipates
Atkinson91 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atkinson91 For This Useful Post:
FiestaRed (13-03-2018), J55TTC (13-03-2018)
Old 13-03-2018, 02:52 PM   #35
FiestaRed
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by J55TTC View Post
Interesting. The dealer reckons itís autoglym fresh linen but you canít get it anywhere by the looks of it - Iím also not convinced heís right. So, after some reading and the comments here I tried autosmart design blast. Not too bad but itís not the correct fragrance..... Iíll keep trying.....

Can I ask how long the AS Designer Blast lasted?

Still not found anything that last as long as the California Scents in the small tins.
FiestaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2018, 03:12 PM   #36
Peirre
Washmitt Meister

Has anyone tried the fragrances from F-jas? https://f-jas.co.uk
Apparently they do several versions of ďnew car smellĒ
Remove the pollen filter, drip a few drops of fragrance on the cabin pollen filter and replace
Peirre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2018, 03:38 PM   #37
FiestaRed
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peirre View Post
Has anyone tried the fragrances from F-jas? https://f-jas.co.uk
Apparently they do several versions of ďnew car smellĒ
Remove the pollen filter, drip a few drops of fragrance on the cabin pollen filter and replace
Yes, I have and initially I had a number of problems with the delivery. I eventually ended up with two packs arriving a few days after they should have. This mainly due to the severe weather at that time.

As for the scent, it was great but like many other air fresheners only lasted minutes although I mixed the concentrate at its strongest. Bit disappointing really.
Old 13-03-2018, 07:26 PM   #38
J55TTC
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atkinson91 View Post
That smell is Autoglym Odour eliminator (purple lable), I got several bottles and its exactly as you described, an aftershave type smell....its smells lovely for around a few hours but soon dissipates

Thanks man Iíll give that a go

Old 13-03-2018, 07:31 PM   #39
J55TTC
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiestaRed View Post
Can I ask how long the AS Designer Blast lasted?

Still not found anything that last as long as the California Scents in the small tins.

The can is mega pressurised, it says one 2 second blast. I did as short a blast as I could onto each floor mat and thereís a trace of the smell lingering after 2 weeks ish. After the first spray itís seriously strong, like nauseously strong! Itís pleasant enough though after it dissipates, I have million by paco robanne and thereís a definite similarity

The Following User Says Thank You to J55TTC For This Useful Post:
FiestaRed (14-03-2018)
Old 14-03-2018, 12:07 AM   #40
FiestaRed
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by J55TTC View Post
The can is mega pressurised, it says one 2 second blast. I did as short a blast as I could onto each floor mat and thereís a trace of the smell lingering after 2 weeks ish. After the first spray itís seriously strong, like nauseously strong! Itís pleasant enough though after it dissipates, I have million by paco robanne and thereís a definite similarity

Jon on the Forensic Detailing Channel scored the Blast as the "longest lasting" of all the air sprays in his yearly awards. He also said the can emptied very quickly.