Detailing World Forum banner

Air Fresheners

52K views 75 replies 40 participants last post by  joe_con19 
#1 ·
Apologies for my first question being such a boring one but passengers complain that the Coronado Cherry air freshener I use is to strong.

I bought a new one from Bouncers called Sherbet Fizz and it's a great scent but when I spray it into the car, I can hardly smell it at all. I spray it on the carpets, am I using it wrong or are there any others I can look out for with a similar scent.

#50 ·
The best smelling air freshener I have used was Autoglym's golden sunset hyper fresh spray. I once had a local detailer clean my car in and out when I was too busy with work, when he had gone and I got in my car I couldn't believe how nice it smelt it seemed to last ages every time I got in my car it was heaven. I had to text and ask what the product was amazing but a little pricey for a can.

I also have CG stripper scent and black frost these smell good but I cannot get them to last more than a day if that. 5 sprays on each floor mat and can't smell it the next day.

For value and something that lasts I now use the good old magic tree new car scent and black ice these will last you a good few weeks. Yankee candle ones are great too :)

#53 ·
Just got AG golden sunset today.
Love the smell!
It s a powerful spray like Autosmart Blast. Use a short burst and the can should last a bit.
Use long burst and it ll empty very quickly.

G

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just about to add some to my order from Elite. Hopefully it will end my search for an air freshener that lasts more than a few hours.

#54 ·
I only sprayed a short burst onto the fromt mats yesterday and came back to a subtle but nice smell this morning.

Just sprayed a 2 sec bursts on each mat (4 in total). That should be plenty for a while.

Lovely smell. Not sure how to describe it though.
G

#55 ·
I only sprayed a short burst onto the fromt mats yesterday and came back to a subtle but nice smell this morning.

Just sprayed a 2 sec bursts on each mat (4 in total). That should be plenty for a while.

Lovely smell. Not sure how to describe it though.
G

Most of the stuff I've tried doesn't last at all. I can spray the mats and by the time I've closed the garage door and got back in to the car the fragrance has just about gone.

#56 ·
Finally managed to get a hold of a the AutoGlym Hyper Fresh.

The one I have is called Golden Sunset which AG describe as a 'warm aromatic blend of cedar and sandlewood with a hint of vanilla spice'. I have to admit it's the best scent I've tried to date, now just to see how long it lasts.

#59 ·
Just bringing this up again to say thanks for recommending the AG Hyper Fresh. Been in the car well over a week now and during that time I've done a lot of short journeys with the doors opening and closing a large number of times and the smell is still fresh and strong.

Best and longest lasting I've tried so far.

#64 ·
I must have spent a small fortune buying air fresheners from most of the names on here. All or most had a decent scent but with the car's doors opening and closing, none lasted more than a few hours.

The longest lasting one I ever bought was the Coranado Cherry from California Scents. I loved it but it always got a big thumbs down from the rest of the family. Too strong for them.

#65 ·
I've followed the tip from an earlier post.
Bought a cheap dangling "magic tree like" air freshener.
Left it outside in the wind for a week to eliminate the original scent.
Then every couple weeks I spray a few squirts of my fragrance of choice.
This is much more effective than spraying the mats as I had done previously.
As it dangles and swings around, you get a new subtle reminder of the fragrance.

So now I only use 2 squirts as opposed to 5 or 6 and it lasts more than twice as long probably because it's only a 2 foot from my nose.

#70 ·
I tried AG Golden Sunset in my wife's car yesterday. Gorgeous and still going today.

I used the AG Crushed Berries in mine as I have a California Scents Coronado Cherry in already. Again, nice - but not as good as Golden Sunset. I'm going to have to learn how to spray into cars better though. I followed the instructions and sprayed into the centre of the car for 2 seconds. In my wife's Q2 managed to hit the inside passenger and rear window, so had to clean those again. Worse though in my A7 it went all over the piano black trim and we all know how bad that stuff is to clean. I managed to get it of the trim, but I now have fine scratches - bummer, I'll have to sort that out next detail. So what is the tip with these AG Hyperfresh air fresheners when spraying into a car, as they blast out with such force?

#75 ·
Autosmart Blast - one of the frutier fragrances they offer might be similar to the scents you like.

You have probably heard this many times before now, but Black Ice Trees are quite good.

In terms of longevity - the ambi pur vent one have lasted the longest for me but be careful on the type of interior / vents you have as these can cause damage in rare cases.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.