Detailing World Forum banner

Manual Correction

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Autoglym 
#1 ·
Up till now I wash my car with BSC and apply Aqua Wax. I have applied HD wax before on top of 1 coat of UDS and got a nice shine:thumb:

My car has a few swirls (Black Fiat GP) an I would like to do a hand correction using AG products.

I know I need to clay with some sort of lubricant, deep cleanse, polish with SRP, and apply HD Wax. Im unsure of the products I need to get or in what order to do the steps, I know wax is last lol:lol:. Not even sure if I'm missing something altogether!!

Any help on products to use and sequence would be much appreciated.

#2 ·
Hi again Thomas125, It seems that you are already using a good selection of products;)
If you wanted to improve the appearance of the paintwork you could expand the routine - as you suggested after washing try claying the car to remove contaminants missed by the wash. We have brought out a Clay Kit which contains the components you need for this job, the clay and the quick detailer etc
Then, you have a number of options open to you, and you could even try using our new product HD Cleanser. Again, this comes as a comprehensive kit with all the necessary applicators etc. You could opt to Clay>Cleanse>Wax, the HD Wax should be enough to hide the swirls as you say they are not severe but if you wanted a little extra you could include SRP in the process: Clay>Cleanse>SRP>Wax. The SRP contains fillers which will camouflage any light swirling and it is compatible with the HD wax so you can apply this straight on top to complete the process.
We do have a paint renovator product but this is really only recommended for removing scratches and severe haze so I would not recommend this for your vehicle if it has only light swirling – the SRP/HD combination should be more than enough to give you the finish you are looking for.
Hope this helps:thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.