Detailing World Forum banner

High Definition Wax

24K views 73 replies 45 participants last post by  No_Fear 
#1 ·
Does this leave white marks on trim ? or in paint chips ?

#6 ·
Get it on the plastics and its a pain to remove, you may not notice it until you have washed it say a week later then the white marks appear, on my 6th pot 80 cars later and it isnt easy to remove, however peanut butter worked well left on for 20 minutes.
Fantastic product, well liked in my bodyshop and by my customers, some have had it done 3 times since it was launched last April!

#9 ·
I used this for the first time today. I found it very easy to apply and remove, and I thought the applicators really helped get a nice thin layer.

I felt it added a little glossiness/wetness to the finish of my car.

All in all couldn't be happier with it (hope it rains tonight to see what the beading is like!).

#14 ·
You should be able to pick it up in most independent motor retailers now. RRP is £39.99 for HD Wax, which is what Halfords are selling for online.

Check out Halfords online store as they are running a 3 for 2 promo at the moment on all car cleaning products - stock up on your Autoglym!! :thumb:

#18 ·
I'm finding this wax great. Put some (two coats) on two months ago, still beading up after a wash now, and really easy to wash, staying pretty slick etc.

Only thing I will say is the sponge is a bit naff. I'm not sure if there is a better way to apply the wax but it seems to go on too thickly off the sponge. When the sponge goes back in the sealed bag it seems to get a bit sticky, then is hard to wash afterwards.
I've resorted to using the Megs applicators which clean up and apply more evenly (for me at least)

Maybe some decent video tutorials, or even more instructions on how to use the sponges/clean them etc, would be good from AG in this regard!? (love AG products generally, just they have very little instruction/best practice info out there, so you spend months working out how to get the best from them)

Dave

#19 · (Edited)
Agree mate, the pads are not great, after speaking to the regional trainer Karl he confirmed that any pad will work just as good as the red ones provided, thought they would be great especially as Autoglym announced you could buy more from their website! lol, also the instructions arn't great because if you apply the wax to an un-prepped car the results are not great, like you I wish the instructions on the the back instructed people how to use correctly!

#20 ·
Agree mate, the pads are not great, after speaking to the regional trainer Karl he confirmed that any pad will work just as good as the red ones provided, thought they would be great especially as Autoglym announced you could buy more from their website! lol, also the instructions arn't great because if you apply the wax to an un-prepped car the results are not great, like you I wish the instructions on the the back instructed people how to use correctly!

url=http://eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/dolly9/]
[/url]
Once you can get used to the pads they are good, I'm still using the 1st one out of the 2 supplied, with any wax, a pre wax clean is advisable to get the best from the wax, I thought I read somewhere either package or on the AG site to polish using srp 1st if need be. :thumb:

#21 ·
I'm washing, drying, claying, and two or three passes with SRP before applying the HD wax, so the prep IS good :)

Just the sponges are now getting saturated, and I can't wash them as they go waterproof, and then they retain MORE water and ruin the application.

What is the best way to clean them? Washing up liquid? Throw in the washing machine with Persil Colour?!

Dave

#25 ·
Ive just got some of this wax myself, which Im going to try this week after a thorough clay session and a couple of passes with super resin polish too. Is this a good enough preparation?

Ive read on the package to dampen the sponge first before application?

What degree of 'damp' do I need? Just a light sprinkling with water?

Im liking the water beading on the picture above, does it produce a good shine when polished properly first?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.