Detailing World Forum banner

Autoautoglym’s shortcut to a showroom shine

4K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  tw99 
#1 ·
AUTOGLYM’S SHORTCUT TO A SHOWROOM SHINE

• Autoglym Rapid Detailer restores lustre and adds protection to paintwork
• Also suitable for use on glass and plastics
• On sale now from motor accessory shops – RRP £7.99

Autoglym has launched Rapid Detailer, an easy-to-use spray-on solution that removes light soiling, restores showroom shine and adds a layer of protection to vehicle bodywork, plastics and glass. Priced at £7.99 (RRP), Rapid Detailer can quickly give added depth of gloss to a just-cleaned car, or be used between washes to bring a vehicle back to tip-top condition.

Safe for use on all paint types, the environmentally-friendly, water-based Rapid Detailer is extremely easy to apply and remove, making light work of fingerprints and dust.

“No matter how well a vehicle is polished and waxed, it is inevitable that through short drives or even just sitting on the roadside, light soiling will accumulate on the bodywork,” explains Autoglym director, David Rogers. “Rapid Detailer is ideally suited to frequent use between periods when a coat of fully protective wax or polish is applied.”

Rapid Detailer also doubles-up as a lubricant for Autoglym’s recently launched Surface Detailing Clay Kit. The lubricant enables the specially-formulated clay to glide over bodywork and remove contaminants as it goes, leaving a supremely smooth finish. The claying process cleanses bodywork to a standard that cannot be achieved through traditional washing and polishing methods alone.

See less See more
#4 ·
Whilst the quick detailer market is somewhat crowded already, the vast majority of the ones favoured on DW are mail order only. So it's nice to know that there's something you can pick up over the counter if needs be. With off the shelf QDs we aren't exactly spoilt for choice in the high street so it should do quite well :thumb:

#7 ·
Resurrecting this thread.... on Rapid Detailing Spray .

I'd been looking for a quick detailer that was 100% compatible with AG products (I use SRP + EGP on the car). Neither local Halfords seemed to stock the RDS, so I got it mail order from Waxacar via amazon at a good price.

I've used it a couple of times and I'm pleased with the results. It's a good way of getting rid of drying marks, and it seems to have topped up the protection a bit as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.