Detailing World Forum banner

Autoglym HD Cleanser

8K views 28 replies 13 participants last post by  Orca 
#1 ·
My box of HD Cleanser and the new Leather Balm arrived today - many thanks, guys :thumb:

I can't wait for the weekend to try it out ... in fact, I've bought in HD Wax special to make the very best of it. My formal review will be in due course, but there is so much more to detailing products that the actual product and its use on paint ...

As a box set, it meets Autoglym's standard - well packaged and well written. You guys might know that I have a real soft spot for Autoglym and for me, this is really exciting - my favourite major company meeting 21st century car care head on. For me, my history with Autoglym goes back to when I was about 7 or 8, polishing the family car as a "chore" ... little did my folks know I really enjoyed it.

Nice one, guys ... let's hope it's good. Fingers crossed for good weather at the weekend.

#2 ·
So did mine :thumb: And I plan to test and review the HD Cleanser this week (Wed or Thurs hopefully) and the Leather Balm in a couple of weeks when I next do my mate's X5.

Agree on the quality of the packaging and presentation for the HD Cleanser - very classy and everything you need is in the box :thumb:

The Leather Balm really does smell like real leather as well so should leave a lovely 'fresh from the factory' aroma once all the seats are done.

#23 ·
Hello everyone,
sorry for the late reply to the thread :eek: The new Leather Care Balm will end up a replacement for our Leather Care Cream, but dont worry! the new product is an improved version of its predecessor - it still has the great moisturising capabilities but in addition has new polymeric surface proofing agents which will help to protect the leather surface as well as care for it. It smells nicer than Leather Care Cream too:)
As the products were only released to the network at the start of the month, the products wont be available in places like halfords but should be in the smaller retailers. You can check the nearest ones to your area on our website

#24 ·
Can certainly vouch for the improved smell over the previous 'Care Cream' which I've had and used for many years. Still a great product I thought but the new one smells more like real new leather than anything else I've come across...can't wait to try this in a couple of week's time as the car's seats I'm using it on have defintely lost their lustre and aroma.

I'll be doing the test and review of the HD Cleanser this afternoon :thumb:

#27 ·
I was very impressed, too and especially so when used with their HD Wax.

I think we'd like to know a little more about the composition of HD Cleanser from Autoglym - specifically, (a) are there deliberate filling agents in there and (b) is the product abrasive?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.