Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Autoglym
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-05-2016, 09:30 PM   #1
Trash Man
Unwashed Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Didcot, Oxfordshire
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lifeshine. Can I polish and wax after it's on?

I've just got a new car, well 5 months old. It's already had Lifeshine applied to it.

I would like to know if it's ok to polish and wax on top of this?
Trash Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2016, 10:05 PM   #2
Summit Detailing
DW Supporter
 
Summit Detailing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bristol & Weston-super-Mare
Posts: 5,622
Thanks: 1,314
Thanked 1,560 Times in 1,157 Posts
In a word - yes! that's what is included in the bag that's put in the boot when it's applied at the dealership.
There is the train of thought that the Lifeshine will be long gone

cheers

Chris
__________________
www.Summit-Detailing.co.uk
Follow me on Instagram Facebook Twitter
Passion. Cars. Expertise.
*New Car Preparation *Paint Enhancement Detailing *Gtechniq coatings
PVD Approved
Summit Detailing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2016, 11:20 AM   #3
Trash Man
Unwashed Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Didcot, Oxfordshire
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summit Detailing View Post
In a word - yes! that's what is included in the bag that's put in the boot when it's applied at the dealership.
There is the train of thought that the Lifeshine will be long gone

cheers

Chris
I don't have the products that are given with the coating. I bought the car privately and it already had this on it. The car is only 5 months old, so the application is still pretty effective at the moment.

Is it OK to use any polish and wax. Was thinking srp followed by some bh wax.
Trash Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2016, 11:32 AM   #4
Black Shadow
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
Posts: 801
Thanks: 316
Thanked 348 Times in 227 Posts
It is usually the case that the Lifeshine was applied improperly or even not at all. If the previous owner was lucky enough to have it applied properly then chances are that it has been fairly eroded by now. Lifeshine doesn't last anyway near what the manufacturers state. Feel free to polish or wax is my opinion.
Black Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2016, 08:18 PM   #5
Summit Detailing
DW Supporter
 
Summit Detailing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bristol & Weston-super-Mare
Posts: 5,622
Thanks: 1,314
Thanked 1,560 Times in 1,157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trash Man View Post
I don't have the products that are given with the coating. I bought the car privately and it already had this on it. The car is only 5 months old, so the application is still pretty effective at the moment.

Is it OK to use any polish and wax. Was thinking srp followed by some bh wax.
SRP is one of the products provided in the aforementioned bag if memory serves me right.

Crack on with what you've mentioned

cheers

Chris
__________________
www.Summit-Detailing.co.uk
Follow me on Instagram Facebook Twitter
Passion. Cars. Expertise.
*New Car Preparation *Paint Enhancement Detailing *Gtechniq coatings
PVD Approved
Summit Detailing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2016, 08:30 PM   #6
Trash Man
Unwashed Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Didcot, Oxfordshire
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summit Detailing View Post
SRP is one of the products provided in the aforementioned bag if memory serves me right.

Crack on with what you've mentioned

cheers

Chris
Thanks for the help
Trash Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 11:09 PM   #7
EMSO
Unwashed Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Shadow View Post
It is usually the case that the Lifeshine was applied improperly or even not at all. If the previous owner was lucky enough to have it applied properly then chances are that it has been fairly eroded by now. Lifeshine doesn't last anyway near what the manufacturers state. Feel free to polish or wax is my opinion.
Auto Glym. Is the highlighted, underlined statement true?
EMSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 08:09 AM   #8
rEvolve
Sponge Jockey
 
rEvolve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 35
Thanks: 1
Thanked 13 Times in 8 Posts
Applied in 2 hours by the YTS lad. Total junk I'm afraid.

Your better doing your own thing on it now.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
rEvolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 03:30 PM   #9
Autoglym
Autoglym HQ
 
Autoglym's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,963
Thanks: 1,006
Thanked 1,475 Times in 776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Shadow View Post
It is usually the case that the Lifeshine was applied improperly or even not at all. If the previous owner was lucky enough to have it applied properly then chances are that it has been fairly eroded by now. Lifeshine doesn't last anyway near what the manufacturers state. Feel free to polish or wax is my opinion.
Can you really say that it is usually the case LifeShine is improperly applied or not even at all. What are you basing that on?
__________________


Winner Detailing World Polish of The Year 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014 Autoglym Super Resin Polish
Autoglym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 03:31 PM   #10
Autoglym
Autoglym HQ
 
Autoglym's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,963
Thanks: 1,006
Thanked 1,475 Times in 776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trash Man View Post
I've just got a new car, well 5 months old. It's already had Lifeshine applied to it.

I would like to know if it's ok to polish and wax on top of this?
Yes, LifeShine is designed to work with existing Autoglym products in the range, including the polishes and waxes we produce.
__________________


Winner Detailing World Polish of The Year 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014 Autoglym Super Resin Polish
Autoglym is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors