Detailing World Forum banner

Bodywork shampoo

6K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  Avanti 
#1 ·
Do you make a hi foaming bodywork shampoo? as the bodywork shampoo conditioner isnt.

#3 ·
I would also like to know why the Bodywork Shampoo uses such a low foaming formula.

I am using 50ml to 10 litres, which is about twice what is recommended.

I get a few suds in the bucket, but none make it on to the car and overall I don't feel my paint is being protected adequately during the wash.

Does the shampoo reflect on the rest of the range, which is harder to judge?

#11 ·
I thought you'd like to know the guys in our lab have confimred the following......

BSC is a shampoo that contains a blend of surface active chemicals that give a balance between cleaning power and easy rinsing. The formulation contains a rinse additive that contains a blend of oils and surfactants that break the water film giving easy rinsing and also impart the vehicle with protective coating that repels dirt and water and will also give some preservation to any waxes already present on the vehicle.

However, this rinse additive has the negative effect of decreasing the foaming properties of the shampoo due to the chemicals present, but don't worry this doesnt reduce its cleaning efficiency in any way.

#13 ·
In regards to my earlier post, I must say that having used this product at its recommended dilution rate for a few months my opinion has changed - I find the low foaming action a real benefit. In fact, this is now one of may favorite shampoos because of its low foaming action. Its similar to Swissvax car bath.

#15 ·
I live in a soft water area, which probably makes quite a difference. My technique is to hold a strong fan spray (using a normal hose and a Hozelock gun) just under the surface of the water.

Once filled, I have loads of really fine foam. If I dunk my hands in, I can pull them out with "white gloves" on - the foam is so fine and clings so strong.

Yeah, superb slickness and a glossy finish. Love it :thumb:

Two gallon bucket.

#16 ·
I live in a soft water area, which probably makes quite a difference. My technique is to hold a strong fan spray (using a normal hose and a Hozelock gun) just under the surface of the water.

Once filled, I have loads of really fine foam. If I dunk my hands in, I can pull them out with "white gloves" on - the foam is so fine and clings so strong.

Yeah, superb slickness and a glossy finish. Love it :thumb:

Two gallon bucket.
This is the sort of thing certain other posters should be submitting :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.