Detailing World Forum banner

Snow foam and Zaino friendly?

3K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  champ222 
#1 ·
Afternoon all....

I currently use the Zaino system, and i'm really happy with it.

I am considering getting a snow foam lance to go with my karcher pressure washer, but i'm a bit confused as to what to put in it?

can i use a bit of zaino z7 shampoo? or is it necessary to use a specific snow foam chemical?

thanks

Andy

#2 ·
Afternoon all....

I currently use the Zaino system, and i'm really happy with it.

I am considering getting a snow foam lance to go with my karcher pressure washer, but i'm a bit confused as to what to put in it?

can i use a bit of zaino z7 shampoo? or is it necessary to use a specific snow foam chemical?

thanks

Andy
You can use shampoo but it would work out a bit expensive using zaino stuff. Personally ide try a dedicated snow foam, if diluted to the correct measures then it shouldnt really compromise durability of your zaino. Or you could go for megs hyper wash through the lance and also you could use this as your shampoo :thumb:

#3 ·
thanks for the reply, so if i was to have a go with the zaino stuff... any idea as to how much roughly i'd be looking to put in the bottle?

my fear with using specific snow foam, is exactly that... getting the mix wrong and washing off all my hard work lol

if only zaino made a snow foam...

#4 ·
ermm im not too sure to be honest. the zaino system is very durable so i wouldnt worry about stripping it too much. you can get ph neutral snow foams, such as this;

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-and-drying/valet-pro-ph-neutral-snow-foam/prod_500.html

bout an inch of snow foam then a quick squirt of shampoo is what I use.

Curently I have Supernatural on my car and its been snowfoamed with a relatively strong mix of snow foam and it still beading lovely and its had no top ups for 3 months now :thumb:

#15 ·
Just an inch or so in the bottom of a half litre bottle.

also... is it easy enough to fit a snow lance to a karcher pressure washer?

i assume i need to remove the end of the regular lance somehow and fit the snow lance?
Very easy- it's just like another standard attachment. You remove and fit the foam lance in the same way as you would the supplied vario lance etc.

#11 ·
so you dont find that the valet pro ph neutral stuff affects 'the zaino system' in any way?

how much snow foam do you put in the lance?

do you find the snow foaming process adds anything positive over skipping it and just cleaning with the z-7 and a couple of buckets?

#14 ·
Another vote for Valet Pro working well alongside Zaino. I tend to put in about three quarters of an inch and then a tiny squirt of shampoo (Zaino Z7 or Duragloss 901), just to help colour the mix so that I can see how much is left at a glance. The Z2 and Z3 on our cars are still beading well - when they are not covered in snow that is :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.