Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Eco Friendly Detailing
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Eco Friendly Detailing Talk About all your Eco Products here - Waterless wash / Steam cleaning etc

Old 02-12-2016, 09:29 PM   #31
A&J
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,194 Times in 868 Posts
The door we are looking at I polished with OPT hyper polish, panel wiped with OPT paint prep and protected it with OPT gloss coat. I only did 2 washes with the products listed above so no...no fillers were used on the driver door.

If you are talking about the rest of the car...I winter prepped it using Britemax blackmax on most of the car and BH cleanser polish (because my wife was asking "why does it take so long" so to speed things up I used a AIO) on 3 panels including the left back door. LSP was FK 1000p if that what you are asking.
A&J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 09:43 PM   #32
chongo
"Professor"

Thanked 4,795 Times in 2,920 Posts
Garage
Pointless review then
chongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 09:49 PM   #33
A&J

I said in the beginning we were only observing the driver door...I did my winter prep a week before I did this and I did not have the time to do it again...This car is like a freaking mother ship. Trust me you would not want to polished the entire car twice in 1 week.

I did polish 1 panel as mentioned and we are only watching that panel as agreed. If you think its pointless than that's your opinion.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to A&J For This Useful Post:
dax (05-04-2017), firehorse (02-12-2016), sm81 (02-12-2016)
Old 02-12-2016, 10:07 PM   #34
chongo
"Professor"

Garage
That's all it is A&J my opinion Anyway Merry Christmas mate
Old 06-12-2016, 11:36 PM   #35
cargainz
Orbital Oracle

Something popped up on my feed on my phone - A& J's video (you can tell my phone knows I watch detailing vids)

cargainz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cargainz For This Useful Post:
A&J (08-12-2016)
Old 06-12-2016, 11:48 PM   #36
ashleyman
Washmitt Meister

This is an interesting concept. Perhaps not for the OP's intended way but it's good to see how the LSP lasts under very basic washing techniques.

Having watched the YouTube video above that LSP looks to be holding back the swirls quite nicely.
ashleyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 07:32 AM   #37
A&J

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyman View Post
This is an interesting concept. Perhaps not for the OP's intended way but it's good to see how the LSP lasts under very basic washing techniques.

Having watched the YouTube video above that LSP looks to be holding back the swirls quite nicely.
Thanks but to be fair Ive only done 2 washes so far

And given the low temps Im not sure when the next wash will be

But stay tuned
The Following User Says Thank You to A&J For This Useful Post:
firehorse (08-12-2016)
Old 08-12-2016, 03:39 PM   #38
Peteo48
Sponge Jockey

Garage
Just as a general comment on No Rinse type products I've watched several videos on them and I'm struggling to identify any time savings over conventional washing techniques and, if you have to use a hose to get some of the crud off before hand I am not seeing huge potential for water savings either.

More generally, and thinking of my own car, there do seem to be stages of dirtiness (stating the obvious) and this leads me to a horses for courses approach. Light soiling combined with, say a hosepipe ban, would bring No Rinse products into their own.

Otherwise I struggle to see the benefit.

On AJ's tests - I'll still be interested to see the results after several months.
Peteo48 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Peteo48 For This Useful Post:
A&J (09-12-2016), chongo (08-12-2016), JB052 (17-12-2016)
Old 09-12-2016, 07:18 AM   #39
A&J

@Peteo48

Thank you for your comment. These types of products may not be for everyone and every situation but the same can be said for traditional washing and traditional shampoos. Both have their place and Im not dissing any of them. I had the need to use it but at the same time I have the chance to use traditional washing if I NEED it.

I always try to explain (but nobody seems to stubbornly understands it) that ONR and other rinseless products are a car shampoo substitute not a TFR, APC or snow foam substitute. I also understand we may not have the same weather conditions so the cars get dirtier at some places compared to others so in short use what you are comfortable with.

I always asses the situation and respond acordingly meaning if I find the need to hose rinse first to remove leaves, mud, heavy dirt & grime, bird poo...I do it because its the smart thing to do. It just happens to be winter so Im being more carefull (I diddnt do it in the second wash if you noticed). Think of it this way "If you think the car is too dirty to perform a traditional wash without snow foam first then its also too dirty for a rinseless wash".

But from my experience in 80-90% of the time I dont have to rinse it if Im rinseless washing my car every 10-14 days and there is water saving right here (and TBH I dont even care about water saving) and again after wash where the solution can be wiped dry (no rinse needed). I normally use 2 gallons of water for in my wash bucket and about the same in my rinse bucket.

I benefit from:
- washing, drying and sealing (if I use Opti-seal) my car in under 1h,
- I dont get water spots or dry shampoo spots at summer,
- no drips in hidden places and less chances of rust,
- Less products needed as I can use the same product as a QD, interior cleaner, leather cleaner, clay lube,
- I can wash my car anywhere (sun, shade, outside, inside garage)
- no need to drag the PW out of the garage and assemble it, no need for excessive water usage, electricity usage.

People look at rinseless products as devils work while in actuality they are very capable, usefull and paint safe products. There isnt a bad product on the market, they all clean...they are just different.

Last edited by A&J; 09-12-2016 at 07:25 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to A&J For This Useful Post:
chongo (09-12-2016), firehorse (09-12-2016), Peteo48 (09-12-2016), sm81 (09-12-2016), tosh (09-12-2016)
Old 09-12-2016, 06:02 PM   #40
chongo
"Professor"

Garage
Interesting read A&J