Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 10-07-2018, 07:40 PM   #1
pxr5
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
DI Vessels on Ebay

I've been mulling over getting a DI Vessel and been doing some research. I like the look of the 7l Raceglaze one, but for £93.50 I could risk a resin filled 11 litre one from ebay. It says it's filled with Tulsion virgin resin so should be OK I suppose.

Any thoughts on these ebay ones, or are they too risky?
pxr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 08:00 PM   #2
kingswood
Orbital Oracle

Buy cheap buy twice?

I bought the race glaze and from 400ppm it came down to 0.

It’s been ace, saves so much time but try not to get stressed watching it dry think is it working!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kingswood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kingswood For This Useful Post:
pxr5 (10-07-2018)
Old 10-07-2018, 08:01 PM   #3
fatdazza

Thanked 1,697 Times in 1,218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pxr5 View Post
I've been mulling over getting a DI Vessel and been doing some research. I like the look of the 7l Raceglaze one, but for £93.50 I could risk a resin filled 11 litre one from ebay. It says it's filled with Tulsion virgin resin so should be OK I suppose.

Any thoughts on these ebay ones, or are they too risky?
Be aware there are two types of tulsion resin. You really need the MB115 resin. MB111 resin is inferior.
fatdazza is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fatdazza For This Useful Post:
pxr5 (10-07-2018)
Old 10-07-2018, 08:42 PM   #4
pxr5

Garage
The raceglaze one doesn't state what resin it comes with though. Is it MB115?
Old 10-07-2018, 08:52 PM   #5
fatdazza

Thanked 1,697 Times in 1,218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pxr5 View Post
The raceglaze one doesn't state what resin it comes with though. Is it MB115?
Raceglaze don't say but I suspect they use Purolite MB400. I seem to recall them stating their resin is better than Tulsion MB115 (which fits with Purolite being more expensive).

That said I have had no problems with MB115.

If buying a filled vessel, buy from a "trusted" supplier, rather than ebay, to make sure you are getting the resin you are paying for (or buy an empty vessel and a 25 litre unopened sack of MB 115 resin to be sure)
fatdazza is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fatdazza For This Useful Post:
pxr5 (11-07-2018)
Old 11-07-2018, 12:25 PM   #6
trv8

There's a guy on the bay-of-e selling second hand vessels with new seals, buy a bag of
TulsionMB115 resin.....works out much cheaper in the long run than buying a pre-filled vessel when it comes time to change the resin.
trv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to trv8 For This Useful Post:
pxr5 (11-07-2018)
Old 11-07-2018, 12:57 PM   #7
pxr5

Garage
Thanks guys. I've seen those reconditioned vessels on ebay and they look okay, so I may take a punt on one of those and some separate resin. However, looking again at the £93.50 11 litre filled ones on ebay, there are different adverts from the same company. One states: resin, another: Tulsion, another: 115 - all at the same price. That's enough to convince me otherwise (and also thanks to the wise words here - cheers). I've neen burnt in the past with ebay items, so I should know better than to even look lol.
Old 13-07-2018, 12:08 PM   #8
Triggauk
Sponge Jockey

I gave up on my vessel and ended up buying a Reverse Osmosis System. The vessels cost way to much to keep refilling and once the TDS reading is over 8 the water will start spotting again. The only way to make vessels work efficiently and more cost effective is to have 2 joined together and even then it is still nowhere near as good as an RO System.
Triggauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2018, 09:22 AM   #9
Itstony
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triggauk View Post
I gave up on my vessel and ended up buying a Reverse Osmosis System. The vessels cost way to much to keep refilling and once the TDS reading is over 8 the water will start spotting again. The only way to make vessels work efficiently and more cost effective is to have 2 joined together and even then it is still nowhere near as good as an RO System.
An RO system is very slow to process water, so it would be interesting to know how much you can sore and in what time?
Would think filters would be cheaper in the long run too.
Itstony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2018, 09:38 AM   #10
Triggauk
Sponge Jockey

The expensive part of filters is the Resin, especially if your in a hard water area as you will get around 200 litres of pure water from a fresh 7 litre vessel before it rises above 10 ppm, which is too high for preventing water spots. So when you look at the cost of 5 litres of resin at £25 you will get just shy of 200 litres pure water before having to change it again.

A good RO System can produce 200-400 litres of fresh pure water per hour at a fraction of the cost and a much higher quality of water and still read 0ppm for months without having to change the filters and resin. The downside to this is is obviously needing a water tank/storage for the pure water. 25L drums are cheap though.
Triggauk is offline   Reply With Quote