Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection Sponsored by DODO JUICE Light Fantastic , Banana Armour, Orange Crush, Rainforest Rub, Purple Haze - www.dodojuice.com

Old 11-01-2017, 01:41 AM   #121
cheekymonkey
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 2,252 Times in 1,651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallye666 View Post
I have and it's pleaseant to use, but it's not top level IMO.

Not wishing to be pedantic but actually Fusso is a wax not a sealant. The definition of a sealant is something that chemically bonds to the paintwork. Fusso doesn't do that, it is held there by surface tension like any 'natural' wax - only the synthetic make up of Fusso makes it smell like a sealant!
Fusso is most definitely a sealant, a sealant is a synthetic product where as wax is a natural product, fusso is synthetic. A synthetic normally lasts longer than a wax, fusso durability is supposed to be a year ( not used myself). A hybrid is a mixture of both natural and synthetic. The diffrence is to do with the ingredients and not how it reacts to paintwork.
cheekymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 02:19 AM   #122
rallye666
Washmitt Meister

Sorry buddy but that is incorrect. Not all wax comes from leaves or coconuts, synthetic wax is still wax. Ingredients do not define the product, how it bonds to the paint does. Fusso does not chemically bond like a sealant, therefor it is a wax.

'Hybrid' is marketing term, nothing more. Don't get me wrong I love some hybrid waxes, But the only difference between say Dodo Juice SN and SNH is the SNH contains synthetic waxes as well as natural ones. It's still a wax though, not a sealant.
rallye666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 02:54 AM   #123
cheekymonkey

Quote:
Sorry buddy but that is incorrect. Not all wax comes from leaves or coconuts, synthetic wax is still wax. Ingredients do not define the product, how it bonds to the paint does. Fusso does not chemically bond like a sealant, therefor it is a wax.

'Hybrid' is marketing term, nothing more. Don't get me wrong I love some hybrid waxes, But the only difference between say Dodo Juice SN and SNH is the SNH contains synthetic waxes as well as natural ones. It's still a wax though, not a sealant.
Sorry mate but a synthetic wax is a sealant
Other well know company's have spent millions on research and testing on how to get a wax to last longer. yet fusso gets theres to last a year. the reason it lasts a year is its a sealant and bonds to the paint. its the bond that makes it last so long. unless you have a different reason.

Last edited by cheekymonkey; 11-01-2017 at 03:10 AM.
Old 11-01-2017, 05:11 AM   #124
sm81
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 1,072 Times in 951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelghost View Post
I love DSW but for ease of use nothing I've tried beats FK2685.
True...
sm81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 10:04 AM   #125
Brian1612
DW Reviewer

Thanked 2,248 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekymonkey View Post
Sorry mate but a synthetic wax is a sealant
Other well know company's have spent millions on research and testing on how to get a wax to last longer. yet fusso gets theres to last a year. the reason it lasts a year is its a sealant and bonds to the paint. its the bond that makes it last so long. unless you have a different reason.
I hate the guy but he is right

Fusso and FK1000p are both classed as paste sealants. Ask Jackie from Nipponshine who sells Fusso in the UK. He has explained countless times on FB why it is called a wax, something to do with the japanese language and the translation to english.

If it is man made is it synthetic. It can be called a synthetic wax but that doesn't make it a real wax. It might be called a synthetic wax but that is just another name for sealant. It is all sales jargon these days, they call it whatever they think will help it sell best.

Last edited by Brian1612; 11-01-2017 at 10:06 AM.
Brian1612 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 10:43 AM   #126
wax-planet
DW Sponsor

Quote:

Fusso is a paint sealant, for soft99 range of waxes theres the likes of king of gloss etc but as posted above the labeling as wax by soft99 is to do with the translation more than the meaning of the word.
wax-planet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 01:50 PM   #127
Brian1612
DW Reviewer

Thanked 2,248 Times in 1,469 Posts
Think Authentic is the only true natural wax soft99 sell? KOG is a hybrid from memory.
Brian1612 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 02:02 PM   #128
Hereisphilly
Dw Reviewer

Thanked 1,490 Times in 938 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian1612 View Post
Think Authentic is the only true natural wax soft99 sell? KOG is a hybrid from memory.
I think authentic is a hybrid too, albeit one with a high carnuba content

It certainly doesn't behave like any natural wax I've ever used either

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Hereisphilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 03:17 PM   #129
ronwash

Thanked 1,291 Times in 1,107 Posts
I just applied RaceGlaze 4X4 after a while,what a fantastic wax,so easy to apply,looks fantastic,and from past application ther durabilty is good and the hydrophobic behavior is very impressive,highly recommended.
ronwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 10:50 PM   #130
cheekymonkey

[QUOTE=Brian1612;5260431]I hate the guy but he is right

strong statement there Brian