Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Autosmart
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2016, 12:49 AM   #1
iain macdonald
Unwashed Member

Autosmart Vortex problem

any one have the new Autosmart Vortex 2.I bought one few weeks back first time have one used it few time was ok dose not bad job but i also had bought a chepo tornador off ebay used it today and i would say that it has better clean power than vortex.I dont under stand how that can be am wondering if there could be a problem with my vortex.My Compressor is 100 Litre Air Compressor - 14.6CFM, 3HP, 100L so cant be that
iain macdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 10:39 AM   #2
Autosmart International
DW Sponsor

Thank you Iain for your question. It is difficult to make a judgement without seeing it. If you want some hands on advice your local distributor is ideally placed to help or you can give us a bit more information and perhaps some photographs after the application, so we can have a further review- Regards Cheri, AS Customer Service Team
Autosmart International is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2017, 02:48 PM   #3
AllenF
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,006 Posts
Garage
No you are correct Iain.
Sometimes the vortex is "too powerful" for its own good. I have over the years had all the tornador versions.
The original was very good but slow and the tubes and cones wore out quickly.
Then the black. Excellent piece of our excellent cleaning and fast. Not of a bigger getting feed tubes but easily solved by buying a meter of 2mm Teflon tube and some araldite.
Then the vortex. Good but pushed out a LOT of chemical and is very air hungry.
Blocks up very easily though and needs the nozzle dipping in a bucket and blasting every few minutes and the jar cap needs removing and "degunk" the inside but it invaribly ends up not completing the job before needing a strip down
Then along comes the tornador ultra.
What can i say it's EVERYTHING you want its fast it's effective it's simple to strip and clean its simple to fix as per the black.
It was my go-to gun every time.
The vortex has still has it's problems mainly I think through being over engineered on the pickup/feed side it relies to heavily on the venturi effect and must be spotlessly clean. Autosmart really need to him the vortex AKA a mass gun and adopt the ultra pro gun instead.
One little trick is to turn the air down to about five and half to six bar rather than the right as regimented (about 70--80 pal rather than 90).
It doesn't spin it as quick but seems to work for longer.
AllenF is offline   Reply With Quote