Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Wheels, Tyres & Exterior Trim
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wheels, Tyres & Exterior Trim Sponsored by Valet PRO - ValetPRO - UK made car valeting and detailing products. Our aim to make top quality product we love to use. Famous for 'pH Neutral Snow Foam, Advanced Neutral Snow Foam, Bilberry Wheel Cleaner, Dragons Breath, Citrus Bling and Citrus PRE Wash. A big thank you to all our customers and stockists, we promise to bring you some excellent and inventive products during 2014.

Old 04-01-2017, 12:46 PM   #1
Mattb23
PC Perfectionist

Garage
Waximax tyre gloss review

Product Description

WaxiMax Tyre Gloss is a gel that has been formulated to give a long lasting finish whatever finish you are looking for, from a natural sheen or show standard wet look. WaxiMax tyre gloss will be the right product for you.

1 coat for a natural sheen

2 coats for a show standard wet look.

As with many tyre products they are fairly simple in application. Take your foam applicator or a brush and apply directly to the tyre and admire your hard work. For me if tyre dressings of some sort are not applied after they are cleaned and dry it makes your car or the customers car look unfinished.

There can be many issues with tyre dressings however the guys over at WaxiMax seem to have the idea of tyre dressings down to a T. WaxiMax had set out to make a gel rather than a liquid as liquid dressings can have trouble with tyre sling so matter how many times you buff the tyre afterwards. The Gel that WaxiMax have made is lemon/yellow in colour with a lovely scent of watermelon. However it seems they have made it a little too thick.

I applied some to my foam applicator and began to dress the tyre.

Here's a 50/50.

This is after 1 application. I was happy with the finish so I decided against applying a second coat.

The finished result.

So overall what do I make to WaxiMax Tyre Gloss.

As tyre dressings go I really cant complain about the end result. The finish that it leaves is indeed very good, It leaves a nice satin sheen or a gloss finish depending on how many layers you want to apply. One thing I will say is that WaxiMax seem to have made the gel so thick that it is a pain to apply. Its almost like glue, trying to apply it to the tyre can be abit of a chore rather than a pleasure to use. After speaking with the guys over at WaxiMax they have decided to make it less thick on its second run which I think is a good choice. After the second run is made I think WaxiMax will have a cracking product.

Thanks for reading
Mattb23 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mattb23 For This Useful Post:
Brian1612 (04-01-2017), Dan@Waximax (04-01-2017), todds (04-01-2017)
Old 04-01-2017, 04:12 PM   #2
Brian1612
DW Reviewer

Thanked 2,350 Times in 1,551 Posts
Interesting reading and good review bud. Personally I have always found the complete opposite with the sling issue in that gels are much more susceptible to sling compared to thinner water based dressings which usually dry much better.

Reminds me in megs endurance, that is a pain to spread as its far too sticky.
Brian1612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 05:09 PM   #3
Mattb23
PC Perfectionist

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian1612 View Post
Interesting reading and good review bud. Personally I have always found the complete opposite with the sling issue in that gels are much more susceptible to sling compared to thinner water based dressings which usually dry much better.

Reminds me in megs endurance, that is a pain to spread as its far too sticky.
Really, that's odd, ive never had an issue with gel tyre dressings before its always been the liquid ones which sling. Ive also found megs endurance a brilliant tyre dressing. not the best out there but its very good
Old 05-01-2017, 01:50 AM   #4
Brian1612
DW Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattb23 View Post
Really, that's odd, ive never had an issue with gel tyre dressings before its always been the liquid ones which sling. Ive also found megs endurance a brilliant tyre dressing. not the best out there but its very good
Always interesting to see different opinions. I'd sooner leave my tyres undressed than use megs endurance. Horrible stuff I think.
Old 05-01-2017, 07:51 AM   #5
Mattb23
PC Perfectionist

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian1612 View Post
Always interesting to see different opinions. I'd sooner leave my tyres undressed than use megs endurance. Horrible stuff I think.
Out of interest. What's your go to tyre dressing
Old 05-01-2017, 01:27 PM   #6
Dan@Waximax
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

This is v1 of our tyre gloss after a bit of feedback people saying its a tad thick we plan to bring out a v2 making it a little less thick.

Thanks for the review Matt
Dan@Waximax is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dan@Waximax For This Useful Post:
Brian1612 (05-01-2017)
Old 05-01-2017, 06:52 PM   #7
Brian1612
DW Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattb23 View Post
Out of interest. What's your go to tyre dressing
I use lots of different ones in all honesty. Loved the slick monkey tarzipan and autoglanz trim reaper I tested not long ago. My old faves are frost onyx and obsession wax nero.