Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Gallery > The Showroom > Projects and Restorations
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Projects and Restorations Building a car from scratch, restoring your pride and joy, building a track car, or starting a long term project? This is your place to document it.

Old 10-01-2017, 10:56 AM   #21
russ200
Unwashed Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave170 View Post
I am in Apley mate.
Thought so the houses look the same my parents live there I'm in Wellington.
russ200 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to russ200 For This Useful Post:
TimGTi (10-01-2017)
Old 10-01-2017, 03:51 PM   #22
Barchettaman
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Looks like an absolute belter.

One small thing - are the coloured M-sport /// stripes staying on the front grill?

They look a little out of place to my eyes with the chrome surround. Maybe if the surround were blacked out it would be better aesthetically?

I removed and sprayed the grill surround on my E90 daily and was pretty pleased with the results:

All IMVHO of course! Apologies for the gigantic image - not sure how that happened.

Last edited by Barchettaman; 10-01-2017 at 03:53 PM.
Barchettaman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Barchettaman For This Useful Post:
Dave170 (10-01-2017)
Old 10-01-2017, 08:45 PM   #23
Dave170
Sponge Jockey

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barchettaman View Post
Looks like an absolute belter.

One small thing - are the coloured M-sport /// stripes staying on the front grill?

They look a little out of place to my eyes with the chrome surround. Maybe if the surround were blacked out it would be better aesthetically?

I removed and sprayed the grill surround on my E90 daily and was pretty pleased with the results:

All IMVHO of course! Apologies for the gigantic image - not sure how that happened.
Your car looks stunning, the coloured stripes have gone they went at the weekend, fully agree they looked wrong on the grill. I will be going for black grills eventually, but just want to concerntrate on getting it to a nice standard.
Dave170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 09:52 PM   #24
Megs Lad
Orbital Oracle

Garage
Nice car the 535d estate is going to be my next car maybe 57 plate lol when I've saved up
Megs Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 10:18 PM   #25
Tomm
Orbital Oracle

I've just looked at the photos again and find it totally insane that most of the wheels are missing a wheel bolt. How does that even happen?
Tomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 05:16 PM   #26
Dave170
Sponge Jockey

Garage
Progress on the car has been slow due to illness and the weather, but things are moving on slowly, Not got many decent pictures mainly due to just cracking on.

First up after wrong brakes disc's being sent finally got new disc's and pads on the back, no pictures of during. But you can see the nice shiny new disc behind the wheel

Next up the passenger wiper split so they were replaced with a nice new set of Bosch blades, no pictures unfortunately.

Next I decide to change the interior light bulb gone for ice blue, Looks really blue in the picture, but it is actually a lot whiter from a distance.

Then the other night one of my xenon bulbs decide to give up the ghost, also one of the angle eyes was intermittent and had fog light out, So thought while I was on would change the xenons from 4300k to 6000k.
From This

To this

I was unable to do the fog light as it appeared the bulb holder was missing, looks like a previous owner has been messing so will get one ordered. And forgot to fit my chrome indicator bulbs.

That's pretty much all that has gone on for now, apart from taking the naff looking black and gray Msport badge off the back and getting a set of mats which were only cheap but look pretty good.

How the car stands now

What's next? The car is going in for paint work this week, a small dent and scuff on the front bumper are being sorted and the pillars have some chips that have been badly touched in one on the passenger side has been touch in with blue paint. The other on the drivers side, looks like Stevie Wonder got the right colour paint but used a four inch brush to touch it up. Then the car is off to my mates garage for a full inspection. So can work through any issues that may need doing for the MOT.

Last edited by Dave170; 12-02-2017 at 05:19 PM.
Old 12-02-2017, 05:22 PM   #27
Dave170
Sponge Jockey

Garage
Progress on the car has been slow due to illness and the weather, but things are moving on slowly, Not got many decent pictures mainly due to just cracking on.

First up after wrong brakes disc's being sent finally got new disc's and pads on the back, no pictures of during. But you can see the nice shiny new disc behind the wheel

Next up the passenger wiper split so they were replaced with a nice new set of Bosch blades, not pictures unfortunately.

Next I decide to change the interior light bulb gone for ice blue, Looks really blue in the picture, but it is actually a lot whiter from a distance.

Then the other night one of my xenon bulbs decide to give up the ghost, also one of the angle eyes was intermittent and had fog light out, So thought while I was on would change the xenon from 4300k to 6000k.

To this

I was unable to do the fog light as it appeared the bulb holder was missing, looks like a previous owner has been messing so will get one ordered. And forgot to fit my chrome indicator bulbs.

That's pretty much all that has gone on for now, apart from taking the naff looking black and gray Msport badge off the back and getting a set of mats which were only cheap but look pretty good.

How the car stands now

What next? The car is going in for paint work this week, a small dent and scuff on the front bumper are being sorted and the pillars have some chips that have been badly touched in one on the passenger side has been touch in with blue paint. The other on the drivers side, looks like Stevie Wonder got the right colour paint but used a four inch brush to touch it up. Then the car is off to my mates garage for a full inspection. So can work through any issues that may need doing for the MOT.
Old 12-02-2017, 06:33 PM   #28
sprocketser

Thanked 1,306 Times in 1,271 Posts
Did a great job to a great looking BM mate !
sprocketser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 11:09 PM   #29
enc

Garage
whats the script with the plate ?
an 06 car but an 04 plate !?

nice work so far, certainly doesn't look its age. private plate on there it could be a couple of years old to the unsuspecting
enc is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enc For This Useful Post:
Dave170 (13-02-2017), Mpptim (13-02-2017)
Old 13-02-2017, 07:36 AM   #30
Dave170
Sponge Jockey

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by enc View Post
whats the script with the plate ?
an 06 car but an 04 plate !?

nice work so far, certainly doesn't look its age. private plate on there it could be a couple of years old to the unsuspecting
It's a private plate that come with the car, i have the originals in the boot, will get it sorted at some point, just a few other priorities on the car at the minute.

Thanks it looks good from a distance, but up close bit of a mess, needs a polish and the wheels have some of the worst curbing I have seen. Will all get done in time