Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Lifestyle > The Motoring Zone
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Motoring Zone Just bought a car? Need advice on a car? Want to chat about cars generally? Here is the place to do it.

Old 12-03-2018, 10:37 PM   #31
Derekh929
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 5,365 Times in 4,447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistryn View Post
My wife has the mark 7 ST as great as a car it is around town and the smile factor when driving it, I will not buy another Ford (or any other manufacturer) that has key less entry unless they address the security FLAWS that making thieves buy devices to clone keys and get them started.

Rant over, the new ST shape has grown on me as I have seen the normal versions around town. i think the back end is marmite - either you like it or don't
It’s not just ford, Mercedes , BMW, and so on, just get a faraday pouch and keep your keys in metal key store, great security measures to minimise comfort access security.
It does need addressing though
Derekh929 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Derekh929 For This Useful Post:
mistryn (13-03-2018), Soul boy 68 (13-03-2018)
Old 12-03-2018, 10:42 PM   #32
gally
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 2,255 Times in 1,535 Posts
Garage
The mk7 was class leader by far and by the reading the mk8 is surprisingly going to be even better which I thought wouldn't be possible! I've done hundreds of miles in a 230bhp mountune ST and it's just an epic small car!

Lsd on its own is a massive plus in that sector. Engine will be great and tuneable as always. Suspension sounds more supple yet more rigid which is hard to do. Steering rack quicker again. All things that were class leading.

Interiors are fine. The new one is a step up from the old. I've been out in an ST line mk8 a few times and it's a nice place to be.

3door in a different colour. Hopefully spirit blue is an option again.

It'll be epic as always.

Did someone really just compare a polo to a fiesta ST? I don't even think the polo makes top 5 in small hot hatch lists does it? Average chassis and safe steering in the polo. New one is better in standard guise but they'll never get close to the ST for what's. Fun hot hatch should be.
gally is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gally For This Useful Post:
Soul boy 68 (13-03-2018)
Old 13-03-2018, 01:16 AM   #33
Jono_A
Sponge Jockey

It looks like they’ve stuck and etch-a-sketch on the dash for a sat nav.

One of the worlds biggest motor companies and continuously fail on the interior imo.

But, I do agree that it could be a great little car with a decent tune on it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jono_A is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jono_A For This Useful Post:
Soul boy 68 (13-03-2018)
Old 13-03-2018, 08:10 AM   #34
robertdon777
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,701 Times in 1,360 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by possul View Post
Don't fords have a tuning potential anymore then!
Not if the last Focus RS is anything to go by....no.

Take the last 4 pot TFSi VAG unit, released as a 210bhp and stage 1 remap to 310bhp.

Stage 1, 100bhp gain.... That little Polo is going to be huge if they can do similar.

I don't see Ford units being this easy to extract big power.

Even a standard Focus RS get left by a Standard Golf R the golf is supposed to be 50bhp down.

Like it or not Ford have lost the performance car title it once had, their buyers have moved to VAG stuff in droves. Literally no one buys petrol Focus ST's, but can't get enough Golf GTis, Octavia VRS's, Leon Cupras etc etc.
robertdon777 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robertdon777 For This Useful Post:
possul (13-03-2018), Soul boy 68 (13-03-2018)
Old 13-03-2018, 03:38 PM   #35
Rayaan

Thanked 1,099 Times in 855 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derekh929 View Post
If I'm honest I just don't see a typical buyer of these cars going into a dealer looking for something versatile? The ST has big bucket seats and firm passive suspension, with a lads car image and for me driving experience before looks every single time, or just get yourself a bog standard model.
We have a F56 JCW from new still love it, mild hot hatch yes versatile ? for us yes for others boot to small , looks quirky , interior quirky, The comments the car gets is great and for fun as an everyday car great, as for versatility most would just
Do you think the look is to soft for the boy racer market, more refined and less Halfords look than the Civic Type R? I love the new Type R but just want one as looks OTT, although its supposed to very capable car.

So Is everyone wanting Show over Go Know
This one doesn't have a lads car image though - every single one of the new shape ford fiesta Ive seen on the road has been driven by young women or older women.
Rayaan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rayaan For This Useful Post:
Soul boy 68 (13-03-2018)
Old 13-03-2018, 03:42 PM   #36
Rayaan

Thanked 1,099 Times in 855 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gally View Post
The mk7 was class leader by far and by the reading the mk8 is surprisingly going to be even better which I thought wouldn't be possible! I've done hundreds of miles in a 230bhp mountune ST and it's just an epic small car!

Lsd on its own is a massive plus in that sector. Engine will be great and tuneable as always. Suspension sounds more supple yet more rigid which is hard to do. Steering rack quicker again. All things that were class leading.

Interiors are fine. The new one is a step up from the old. I've been out in an ST line mk8 a few times and it's a nice place to be.

3door in a different colour. Hopefully spirit blue is an option again.

It'll be epic as always.

Did someone really just compare a polo to a fiesta ST? I don't even think the polo makes top 5 in small hot hatch lists does it? Average chassis and safe steering in the polo. New one is better in standard guise but they'll never get close to the ST for what's. Fun hot hatch should be.
You've been living under a rock - Polo's, Ibiza's, Fabia's and Fiesta's have been compared for a decade now.

Did you just compare a standard Polo to a Fiesta ST? Surely the real comparison is Fiesta ST vs Polo GTI
Rayaan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rayaan For This Useful Post:
Soul boy 68 (13-03-2018)
Old 13-03-2018, 03:58 PM   #37
mb1
PC Perfectionist

Garage
lovely car.
mb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mb1 For This Useful Post:
Soul boy 68 (13-03-2018)
Old 13-03-2018, 04:33 PM   #38
Starbuck88

Thanked 2,553 Times in 1,724 Posts
Garage
Awful looking thing... I'm not a Ford fan and didn't like the previous generation Fiesta but now that looks like an oil painting compared with this monstrosity.

What's the pricing like against the German Equivalents?

I know looks and things are subjective but when you produce a hot hatch that looks like a people carrier...something not's right.
Starbuck88 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Starbuck88 For This Useful Post:
Soul boy 68 (13-03-2018)
Old 13-03-2018, 05:05 PM   #39
Derekh929
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 5,365 Times in 4,447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayaan View Post
This one doesn't have a lads car image though - every single one of the new shape ford fiesta Ive seen on the road has been driven by young women or older women.
Middle aged to older woman in Fiesta ST's Only one explanation, do you live near Christchurch or Dagenham

Last edited by Derekh929; 13-03-2018 at 05:19 PM.
Derekh929 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Derekh929 For This Useful Post:
Soul boy 68 (13-03-2018)
Old 13-03-2018, 08:56 PM   #40
SteveTDCi
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 2,453 Times in 2,131 Posts
I like it, although it does look similar to the ST Line, i don't mind the interior either. Power is one thing but lower power and better handling make a more rewarding car. A Golf R might be tuneable to get more power than a Focus RS but the RS is known for being the better drivers car.
SteveTDCi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SteveTDCi For This Useful Post:
possul (14-03-2018)