Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection Sponsored by DODO JUICE Light Fantastic , Banana Armour, Orange Crush, Rainforest Rub, Purple Haze - www.dodojuice.com

Old 09-04-2018, 12:44 PM   #1
dchapman88
Dw Reviewer

Thanked 1,258 Times in 895 Posts
Garage
Detailingworld Review – G3 Professional Resin Superwax

Detailingworld Review – G3 Professional Resin Superwax
Introduction
Firstly thanks to the guys and gals over at G3 for sending over the Wax.

G3 and Farecla are no newbies to detailing and products having been supplying bodyshops for over 60 years and the website says:
" The G3 Pro range offers a complete home solution from preparation and paint renovation through to waxing and regular maintenance; all-in-all, its unique offering has made it the number 1 recommended brand by bodyshop professionals for you to use at home."
For more info on them, check them out at: http://www.g3pro.com/about-farecla/
The Product

The wax is a liquid wax and came in their familiar black bottle. A light purple, moderately thin liquid with no real scent (although I have a cold )

G3 say about Resin Superwax:
*"*G3 Pro Resin Superwax*is an interlinked protection system constructed from the highest grade Carnauba, montanic and paraffin waxes to provide an easy to apply concentrated wax with unprecedented protection for up to 4 months and mirror gloss finish.
The wax protects bodywork from the everyday traffic film that builds up on the surface. The unique interlinked protection system combines paraffin wax for spreading, montanic wax to speed buffing time and hard Carnauba wax for a tough glaze protection."

The Method

First things first, the truck I was trying this out on was an Mitsubishi L200 Warrior in black, so perfect for a test of this nature. Although I would like to point out this truck is in a bit of a disastrous state as you will soon see, so miracles cannot be expected on results.

The truck's rear was given a clean with a bucketless wash to remove any loose dirt, and then multiple hits with a clay bar to decontaminate the area. This was the surface I was left with.

Looking at the back of the bottle I was to shake well, apply a small amount to the applicator ( I went with 2 small dots)

Apply in a standard circular motion and allow to haze. It was extremely easy to use and spread really far. Application really was a doddle!
Hazed over looking like this

Then gave it a few minutes on the panel to full haze and had a swipe to ensure we were ready for buffing.

It buffed off with real ease, not one area gave any resistance at all.
A 50/50 of a treated area vs. non treated.

A definite increase in gloss and colour 'restoration' in the final finish. A small amount of light swirling filled, as seen here, but anything heavier is still fully noticeable.
Overall gloss is noticeably increased though.

Price
The website links you only to distributers, but Halfords sell it for £13
A quick Google search may provide you with some bargains?!

Would I use it again?
Hmmmm a difficult one. Personally no I wouldn't. I really expected more from the 'Resin' side of the wax and to hide more of the swirls on the truck. I am aware that it's in an awful condition but there was still a huge amount of swirling present. I really believed it would have filled more.
A 50/50 of swirling before and after

Conclusion
Nice for adding gloss, and if your car is in really good condition then I think this would help mask any minor wash marring etc. But I don't believe that it will detract me from a quick fix of a glaze and then paste wax to make my paintwork glossy and protected.

"Detailingworld reviewer has followed the Manufacturers Instructions and accepts no responsibility to any circumstances arising from any member using these products or following this test "
dchapman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 03:14 PM   #2
Fairtony
Orbital Oracle

What was the applicator like? Did it have a decent handle?
And are you doing the clay mit as a review at a later date?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fairtony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 03:25 PM   #3
Andyblue
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Location: Hiding all the Black Friday / Christmas detailing stuff bought :)
Thanked 1,903 Times in 1,668 Posts
Great review. Did appear to enhance the poor paint work, so could be much better on a good paint car ?

How did you find the applicator - I’ve been looking at the pair they sell in Halfords and really fancy trying them - do you think they’re worth it / work well ?
Andyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andyblue For This Useful Post:
dchapman88 (09-04-2018)
Old 09-04-2018, 05:34 PM   #4
dchapman88
Dw Reviewer

Thanked 1,258 Times in 895 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtony View Post
What was the applicator like? Did it have a decent handle?
And are you doing the clay mit as a review at a later date?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi Fairtony
The applicator was great, although technically not on my review.
It was nice and soft, prefect for liquid waxes etc. Nice grip at the top, comfy in the hand etc

The clay mitt is not something I will be officially reviewing I'm afraid, although I have used it and do like it
dchapman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 11:47 PM   #5
mb1
PC Perfectionist

Garage
nice
mb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mb1 For This Useful Post:
dchapman88 (11-04-2018)