Detailing World Forum banner

Aston Martin DB9 GT 007 Bond edition - Beau Technique

43K views 45 replies 39 participants last post by  Beau Technique 
#1 ·

You can keep up to date with our day to day shananigans on Facebook and Twitter

Nothing to report of wet your swirl spotting appetite i'm afraid to say but it would be rude not to show this stunning and rare machine.

Aston Martin built 150 limited edition DB9 GT Bond edition vehicles. This is the second one we have detailed to date ( first being for launch of Spectre at a cinema )
Bit more blurb on the vehicle here http://www.astonmartin.com/en/cars/db9gt-bond

Stunning diamond cut faced wheels with gloss black inners. 6.0ltr V12 NA engine and colour specific to this vehicle Spectre silver along with a number of subtle 007 accentuates.
We were called in to assess first of all.
Single stage correction required along with interior surfaces being treated and engine plus the best long term coatings supplied and applied, this being SiRamik Glasscoat APT dual coating system ( HR and Ultima ) topped with Diamas Professionali which I can honestly say takes the metallic finish to a whole new level of gloss and shimmer.

With the paint all in great shape it was time for the extraordinary triage of long term coatings...

Engine detailed...

Interior looking shaken, not stirred...

And a couple of out doors pictures...

Thanks for looking :thumb:...

See less See more
#29 ·
Cheers Russ.

Pure perfection! Had one drive past my house yesterday in a dark red, looked fantastic sounded even better!
looks and sounds superb. Cant beat a V12.

Hope I will the lotto tonight after looking at this !!!!
Good luck:thumb:

Wow, looks amazing, on the lotto list. Thanks for sharing this amazing car.
Thanks.

mega as always bro
Cheers mate.:thumb:

Stunning :argie:
Ta.

Absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing the write up and pics.
Not exactly extensive but was a stinking and rare car so worth a share.

What a stunning car and should stay that way for some time to come great work as always
Thanks. Most certainly will last a substantial lifespan for sure. heat resistant, hydrophobic and tough enough to tolerate an entourage of washing so ticks all the boxes.

Wow it really doesn't get much better and you've done 2 of them! What a job that must of been
So far... Never say never eh? :thumb:

Completely and utterly superb. Great car with an equally great finish.:doublesho
How many coats of Diamas did you apply?
Thanks. APT system ( HR / Ultima ) and 1 layer of Diamas but this can be layered up to 3. It certainly adds a new level of gloss and shimmer I've yet to see.

Top work fella :thumb: loving that interior :argie:
Cheers. Yes, Interior was a nice place with some quaint little 007 touches yet no buttons for smoke screen or oil slick :lol:

Stunning :thumb:
Thanks.

Stunning:thumb:
:thumb:

I think Astons in general, but the DB9 especially, are just pure works of art, they are just such beautiful things in their own right. Having said that as I was drooling my way through those pictures I got to the one of the window/mirror control and I can confirm with 99% certainty that that switch panel is straight out of a Volvo.

Or maybe my Volvo has Aston Martin window switches?

Then I got to the outdoor shots and lost the power of rational thought anyway. Superb car beautifully presented.
If it makes you feel more upper crust then your Volvo has Aston Martin window switches:thumb:

super super stunning - what a car & nice pics
Cheers.

Stunning my friend :thumb:
Thanks Rob.

Just got to Love a DB9 and the James Bond edition is simply amazing.

Stunning simply stunning
Thanks.

Looks absolutely stunning

Those wheels! :argie::argie::argie:
Look stunning but won't take long for them to start showing signs of age unfortunately as any gloss black wheels do regardless of what products are applied.

Excellent job lovely car but it's electric window switch looks exactly the same as on my Land Rover :D
Volvo... Land Rover... Its a switcheroo that does the job I suppose. Shame they couldn't of maybe put bullet style polished metal ones in for 007 appeal.

Just WOW! Doesn't get any better!

Oh my God! I want one.
Don't we all :car:

Corrr that is stunning!
Absolutely stunning Scott, nicely done indeed! Very best of British right there.
I still feel the best is Noble myself having worked on a boat load of them but Aston's do certainly have some stage dramatics about them.

Stunning work chap.. Absolutely stunning..

Fantstic,just fantastic work!.
Cheers.

stunning work and motor mate! thanks for sharing
My pleasure. Thanks.

#15 ·
I think Astons in general, but the DB9 especially, are just pure works of art, they are just such beautiful things in their own right. Having said that as I was drooling my way through those pictures I got to the one of the window/mirror control and I can confirm with 99% certainty that that switch panel is straight out of a Volvo.

Or maybe my Volvo has Aston Martin window switches?

Then I got to the outdoor shots and lost the power of rational thought anyway. Superb car beautifully presented.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.