Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Alien Magic
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 14-04-2018, 08:26 PM   #1
DLGWRX02
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,467 Times in 987 Posts
Garage
My thoughts of Aqua use on vinyl.

Ok. I got the pleasure of trying out Alien magicĎs Aqua so I thought i would do a ďmy thoughts on itď, the idea was after an earlier post via FB a question from myself was asked how Aqua would perform on vinyl wrap? so this is going to be a bit of a long post with photos descriptions, and short video clips, trying to upload them in chronological order is a pain in the ass, so i apologise in advance in case they donít come out in order. The offending vehicle, my wifeís 2015 Toyota Aygo in orange twist, with a gloss black vinyl wrapped roof and pillars, itís not seen a bucket and mit for several weeks and protection has all but gone.

There was a video clip to go in here showing water behaviour, or lack of it on the roof, basically the more it got wet, the more water laid on it! No displacement what so ever.

Weapons of choice, Pre clean with snow foam (not Alien Magic so name will not be mentioned) Alien Magic Bling wash, Protection in the form of Aqua, and a topping off with Argon For extra gloss.

Then my foam left to dwell for the time itís taken to fill 2 x20l buckets.

This is all the foam I used, (bottle was brimmed)and went around the car twice!

then after rinsing off, hand washing with Bling and another power rinse before applying Aqua, which comes in concentrate so I made up 500mls solution diluted to 1:25, a (thanks Robert) so a very economical product to use, unfortunately my spray bottle head wasnít as fine a mist as I thought so it almost caused a froth rather than an even mist, but applying to 1 panel and the power rinsing off at a time, Iím satisfied I got an even covering all over.

Again another video here, that showed as I was power rinsing off the roof and how the water was basically running for cover absolute nothing but droplets left after run off!

After completing all panels the water left on the car was the bare minimum in water droplets, very impressed and drying with my Klin duo XL was an absolute breeze, no grabbiness, no pressure applied, simply lay on drag off water gone, thatís simple, normally ide need to pat and wipe due to the sitting water amounts, but there seriously wasnt the need.

Video here shows no drying in action.

Then another brief clip showing water behaviour after the car had been dried all over, from pouring over the roof.

The next 4 pictures are after Aqua was applied rinsed and dried, just to show the finish achievable.

Then the final 3 pics are after a final top up for extra gloss with a coating of Argon, and if you havnt used this yet, you really donít know what you missing it smells devine and leaves a very slick wet look shine behind, and again is very economical to use a few mists per panel is all thatís required.

Aqua is very simple to use, just make sure your spray head is able to produce a fine mist ��. Spray and rinse as you go, its left a gloss shine and instantly the water behaviour was completely different you could see the sheeting disappear into droplets before your eyes. There is a few other products Iíve used in the past that offer similar results however the price is considerably higher than the cost of Aqua. Working out ratios is my downfall Iím useless, lol so possibly something to consider if itís financially viable to the guys at Alien Magic is a larger ready to use bottle. This concentrate can be used straight from the bottle if applying through your power washer chemical throughput, mine would empty it in one suck so I avoided that.. Overall iím very impressed and I can confirm it acts exactly the same on vinyl as it does on paint.

Last edited by DLGWRX02; 14-04-2018 at 09:17 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to DLGWRX02 For This Useful Post:
Alien Magic (14-04-2018)
Old 14-04-2018, 09:23 PM   #2
DLGWRX02
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,467 Times in 987 Posts
Garage
If your on face book, then the short video clips can be seen on here
https://www.facebook.com/groups/alie...iling/?fref=ts
Old 14-04-2018, 11:45 PM   #3
MrG47
Washmitt Meister

Your snow foam is easily guessed despite the no name disclaimer .

Good gloss on that car. Impressive results.
G

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to MrG47 For This Useful Post:
DLGWRX02 (15-04-2018)
Old 15-04-2018, 04:41 PM   #4
Alien Magic
Sponge Jockey

Garage
Great review and pictures DLGWRX02, thanks very much for sharing them with us.