Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Bear Car Care
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bear Car Care Bear was launched in 2016, Formulated by enthusiastic detailers it is our aim to make products the way we feel they should work and bring them to you. Bear is a brand based on very simple things , quality easy to use products and a team of amazing enthusiasts helping to drive us forward to show this.Here it is our vision and products. Please check out our shop and view the range. We hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

Old 15-09-2018, 09:32 AM   #1
Andyblue
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Location: Hiding all the Black Friday / Christmas detailing stuff bought :)
Thanked 1,900 Times in 1,665 Posts
Shampoo / wheel cleaner review

A quick review on a few new products I'm trying - heard great things about Bear Car Care shampoo, so really wanted to try them out

Car hadn't been washed in a few weeks and approx 1200mile later, including a trip to Silverstone, it was filthy and the wheels were properly minging, so a great chance to try out some new stuff

First up, their Wheel cleaner - Vortex - difficult to tell you what the smell was, but pleasant, slightly citrusy ?

Very easy to spray on, I found being a bit more forceful with the trigger spray, gave a wider spray and a slight foam to the wheel cleaner, sprayed on and left for a couple of minutes as per instructions and then agitated with a brush. Very good cleaning power and very impressed with initial results, did find sometimes it didn't appear to be as effective as it started out, but a slight spray on the brush with the hose and issue resolved and cleaning power back.

Rinsed off and very pleased with the results, very clean and seems to have brought the wheels up much better than my normal wheel cleaner - very pleased.

Before:

After:

Interestingly, the instructions say it can be diluted down, so think for a light weekly / maintenance wash, then could be excellent and more economical to use

EDIT: discussed with Ash and can be diluted to 50 % for maintenance / light cleaning, so going to try this shortly.

Next up, their wax infused shampoo - Luminous - a very nice smelling (? fruity) thick, but not excessively, concentrated shampoo. Normally, don't tend to use wax shampoos, except in winter when a quick wash and dash is required, so can add a little something, so was keen to try this in preparation for winter time.

Instructions say add a coupe of capfuls to your bucket - cap measured 10ml, so measured out and used 20ml - easy to pour and the kitchen smelt very nice.

Foamed up reasonably in bucket - was a bit unsure if I'd used enough, but thought I'd go with it and could always add a little extra if required. A quick blast with hose pipe and proper suds which lasted throughout the wash.

Very nice to use, felt very slick using it on bodywork and cleaned very well - suds transferred very well to car and aroma lingered around.

Rinsed off and very good water sheeting evident straight away - tried to photo it, but literally, the water wouldn't say around

Dried car off - decided not to use any drying aid as normal, to see if anything was left on car from shampoo and how it performs over the next week or 2 - very pleased with the results, dried off very well and left a very nice, glossy finish.

Overall, very pleased with these 2 products and will definitely be using them, going to try diluting the wheel cleaner down - I'll experiment with this.

Thanks for reading
Andyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Andyblue For This Useful Post:
Brian1612 (15-09-2018), todds (17-09-2018), WHIZZER (17-09-2018)
Old 15-09-2018, 09:34 AM   #2
Andyblue

Quick update and review of the other shampoo Bear Car Care do - Immaculate, premium shampoo. Cleaned my car this time.

Used their Vortex wheel cleaner again - slightly different approach this time as my wheels weren't that bad - I rinsed them first and then sprayed on the wheel cleaner, as before easy to spray on and a slight foam from the wheel cleaner on the wheel. left for a couple of minutes as per instructions and then agitated with a brush - seemed to foam up quicker and easier this time, still very impressed with cleaning power from it, doing it this way - so going to find another spray bottle and decant some in and dilute down and see how it performs

Next up, their premium shampoo - Immaculate - very nice smelling, good consistency to shampoo - don't think it's as thick as Luminous (probably due to no wax), concentrated shampoo. was very interested to see how this performs, especially with being very pleased with Luminous on wife's car

Instructions say add a coupe of capfuls to your bucket - cap measured 10ml, so measured out and used 20ml - easy to pour and the kitchen smelt very nice.

Foamed up well in bucket, think more so than Lumious and from previous experience, knew it would increase when blasted with hose - which I dually did and loads of suds and a very nice smell which lasted throughout the wash.

Super nice to use, felt so very slick using it on bodywork and cleaned very well - suds transferred very well to car and aroma lingered around throughout the wash - I might be tempted to reduce the amount of product used with this, as it was so slick.

Rinsed off and excellent water behaviour, not really sheeting as Luminous did on wife's car - but beading up straight away and gave a very nice finish. Dried car off and was very pleased with how clean / crisp it looked

Tried to photograph it, but not easy on silver and the light wasn't playing the game for me

Overall, very pleased indeed with the shampoo's - will be using Luminous during winter time and Immaculate during Summer time - my new favourite shampoos

Have passed some onto my neighbour to try out, so will see what he thinks and feedback.

Thanks for looking
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andyblue For This Useful Post:
Brian1612 (15-09-2018), todds (17-09-2018)
Old 15-09-2018, 09:36 AM   #3
Andyblue

Managed to grab a quick shot of the wife’s car after the drizzle we’ve had today - beading very nicely following the recent wash with Luminous shampoo with the infused wax.

Very pleased
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andyblue For This Useful Post:
Brian1612 (15-09-2018), todds (17-09-2018)
Old 15-09-2018, 11:20 AM   #4
Bear_Ash
DW Sponsor

Thanks Andy

Great review and really pleased you have enjoyed and liked the products

Cheers
Ash
Old 15-09-2018, 11:46 AM   #5
Andyblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear_Ash View Post
Thanks Andy

Great review and really pleased you have enjoyed and liked the products

Cheers
Ash
Oh yes - like giving my cars a big 'Bear' hug
Old 16-09-2018, 09:22 PM   #6
Andyblue

Just a quick update - had a chat with my neighbour this afternoon who'd used some of the shampoo i'd passed to him to try out, he was saying he really liked using it, he felt it seemed to have cleaned his car better than his usual shampoo does (which he's not unhappy with) and was really nice to use, he also commented on the lovely aroma when using it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Andyblue For This Useful Post:
Bear_Ash (16-09-2018)
Old 17-09-2018, 08:33 AM   #7
WHIZZER
T-Cut King (admin)

Thanked 17,648 Times in 6,486 Posts
Garage
Looking good
Old 17-09-2018, 09:11 AM   #8
Steve0rs6
Sponge Jockey

Garage
I’ll order some when my 5 litres of Gtechnik runs out
Steve0rs6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve0rs6 For This Useful Post:
Bear_Ash (17-09-2018)
Old 07-10-2018, 10:09 PM   #9
Andyblue

Shampoo / wheel cleaner review

So, quick update - managed to give wife’s motor a quick clean using the Luminous shampoo before we popped out for a meal to celebrate our wedding anniversary - who says romance is dead eh ?

Did a quick experiment with wheel cleaners - used my normal one on 1 side and Vortex on the other and the wheels cleaned with Vortex really appeared to have more shine to them.

Decided to do 1 side with each, so a bit more real as both had to clean a front and rear wheel - pleased with results from both sides, but as said the wheels cleaned with Vortex did look to be more glossy.

Sorry didn’t get chance to get any photos.

Anyhow, popped Ash a question as I’m intrigued to know if it has any wax / gloss enhancers in it or if it’s just because it’s a cracking cleaner...

Will update
The Following User Says Thank You to Andyblue For This Useful Post:
Bear_Ash (07-10-2018)