Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Technical > Machine Polishing
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Machine Polishing Need help with Machine polishing

Old 23-11-2012, 05:39 PM   #41
asboman
Washmitt Meister

If it was for a good mate who helps me out a lot, then I'd just tell him he owed me a favour, I'd also demand an endless flow of tea & a bacon sandwich, but if it was just for a mate who I don't have contact with all that much then I'd ask for £100 as its gonna be a 12 hour day
asboman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to asboman For This Useful Post:
TPR1966 (17-01-2013)
Old 17-01-2013, 09:53 PM   #42
murkeywaters
Sponge Jockey

Thing is most people have never worked for themselves and they just don't realize how much time and money is spent away from the actual job and this adds a lot to the customer costings - mates or not.

I'am a wedding photographer and what I charge per wedding looks a hefty sum for 1 days work in some peoples eyes, but what the average Joe don't see is all the editing for days on end, the cost of advertising, websites, camera & computer equipment, insurances, meetings with wedding couples, book keeping, album building, endless emails, still working at 1.00am and the biggest one of all a guarantee of a professional service

Lots of the above I imagine cross over with professional detailing so when you book a full correction don't just think of the time spent working on your car but all the behind the scenes work to keep that business running and of course a guarantee of a professional service.
murkeywaters is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to murkeywaters For This Useful Post:
James0911 (07-02-2013)
Old 17-01-2013, 10:21 PM   #43
Jdm boy
PC Perfectionist

If it was me I would just get your friend too cover the costs of the products used (what maybe £40?) and then if he wants too give you a few pound for yourself all well and good :-)

I know the brother did just a machine polish and wax and he charged about €120 (£100) for a day amd a bits work which I thought was fair enough?!

I wonder how much the pros charge for a full enhancment/correction? Like the ones that do the lambos and ferraris etc etc
Jdm boy is offline   Reply With Quote