Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Kranzle
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 17-10-2018, 03:15 PM   #291
Kranzle
Kranzle UK

In the bigger machines with larger springs and higher spring tension we use a 10w60 fully synthetic.

In the smaller machines it is still recommended that the 10w40 semi is used.
I can't say for sure but maybe a 0w40 wouldn't offer enough protection between the metal surfaces.

I can ask but its quite possible it just hasn't been tested and since 10w40 or 15w40 works so well they might not have any desire to change oil grades.
Kranzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2018, 03:22 PM   #292
MBRuss
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kranzle View Post
In the bigger machines with larger springs and higher spring tension we use a 10w60 fully synthetic.

In the smaller machines it is still recommended that the 10w40 semi is used.
I can't say for sure but maybe a 0w40 wouldn't offer enough protection between the metal surfaces.

I can ask but its quite possible it just hasn't been tested and since 10w40 or 15w40 works so well they might not have any desire to change oil grades.
If you wouldn't mind asking? The way I see it, the oil is still a 40 grade at operating temp so should offer the same protection as any other 40 weight oil, it's just thinner at lower temps, which allows it to flow and protect better from cold as well. The only downside I can think of is cost, but the cost difference is so negligible that I'd just rather have the better oil to protect my machine.

Generally, synthetic oils out perform semi synth or mineral oils in this regard.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
MBRuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kranzle