Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Gallery > The Showroom
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Showroom Detailed something and want to show it off? Do it here... This is the place for you to show the world....

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-08-2018, 01:00 PM   #21
Prestige car care shop
Forum Sponsor
 
Prestige car care shop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,614
Thanks: 1,256
Thanked 1,454 Times in 894 Posts
Cracking photos buddy, well done.
__________________


10% Discount code - DW10
www.prestigecarcareshop.com
*Facebook*
*Instagram*
*Twitter*
Prestige car care shop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Prestige car care shop For This Useful Post:
Boothy (27-08-2018)
Old 27-08-2018, 03:30 PM   #22
Boothy
PC Perfectionist
 
Boothy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Wakefield, United Kingdom
Posts: 369
Thanks: 140
Thanked 80 Times in 57 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige car care shop View Post
Cracking photos buddy, well done.
Thanks pal.

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk
Boothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 09:18 PM   #23
kev2005
Unwashed Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Congrats on the car, looks terrific!!! If only I was a quarter as good as this i'd be happy

Out of interest, what do you use to protect the 403M's? I'm taking my car to the dealer in couple of weeks to hopefully get all 4 wheels replaced under warranty as there is bad corrosion on 1 wheel and signs of corrosion starting on the other 3 wheels so i'm starting to think that assuming they agree and replace them, what do i do to protect them and prevent this going forwards as I will only have approx 6 months or maybe bit less depending when the wheels get replaced before the manufacturers warranty runs out and then i'm basically on my own to pay out of any refurb/new wheel.

Thanks

Kev
kev2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 09:26 PM   #24
Boothy
PC Perfectionist
 
Boothy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Wakefield, United Kingdom
Posts: 369
Thanks: 140
Thanked 80 Times in 57 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kev2005 View Post
Congrats on the car, looks terrific!!! If only I was a quarter as good as this i'd be happy

Out of interest, what do you use to protect the 403M's? I'm taking my car to the dealer in couple of weeks to hopefully get all 4 wheels replaced under warranty as there is bad corrosion on 1 wheel and signs of corrosion starting on the other 3 wheels so i'm starting to think that assuming they agree and replace them, what do i do to protect them and prevent this going forwards as I will only have approx 6 months or maybe bit less depending when the wheels get replaced before the manufacturers warranty runs out and then i'm basically on my own to pay out of any refurb/new wheel.

Thanks

Kev
Thanks Kev.

On terms of protecting the wheel your going to need something with good durability. You may already have something like this but I've been using some Fusso99 12 month wax on mine as it has really good sheeting and excellent durability. I have noticed with this and my previous BMW that they spray out brake dust like its going out of fashion! You've really got to keep on top of them to stop it burning into the paint.

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk
Boothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 09:42 PM   #25
Andyblue
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Andyblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: In the Dog house
Posts: 3,551
Thanks: 1,183
Thanked 1,602 Times in 1,429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kev2005 View Post
Congrats on the car, looks terrific!!! If only I was a quarter as good as this i'd be happy

Out of interest, what do you use to protect the 403M's? I'm taking my car to the dealer in couple of weeks to hopefully get all 4 wheels replaced under warranty as there is bad corrosion on 1 wheel and signs of corrosion starting on the other 3 wheels so i'm starting to think that assuming they agree and replace them, what do i do to protect them and prevent this going forwards as I will only have approx 6 months or maybe bit less depending when the wheels get replaced before the manufacturers warranty runs out and then i'm basically on my own to pay out of any refurb/new wheel.

Thanks

Kev

I use Raceglaze nano wheel sealant on mine - very easy to apply, leave an hour or so, re apply and you’ll get about 6 months protection
Andyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 09:53 PM   #26
kev2005
Unwashed Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Thanks both, i'm new here and only just getting into this so I have very limited equipment, products etc. Hence my other post about a pressure washer as i'm not too sure what would be ideal as i'm looking for one to do the car & that would also clean the path/patio once a year or so as needed.

My main concern is I don't want to use anything that will cause corrosion and I also don't want to use anything whereby a dealership would say they wont do a warranty claim due to whats been used on the wheel. I seen some other protection online, Gyeon? No idea if these are any good, worth it etc.

Kev
kev2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 09:56 PM   #27
kev2005
Unwashed Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
or what about Poorboys wheel sealant, just remembered I have this but never used it... bought with good intentions then wasn't sure about it as this is first car I've had with allegedly Diamond cut wheels which are completely new to me, i didn't know they were diamond cut when i bought it, its only what I've found on online that most people say the 403M are diamond cut wheels but then some people say they are not..

Kev
kev2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 11:31 PM   #28
Boothy
PC Perfectionist
 
Boothy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Wakefield, United Kingdom
Posts: 369
Thanks: 140
Thanked 80 Times in 57 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kev2005 View Post
or what about Poorboys wheel sealant, just remembered I have this but never used it... bought with good intentions then wasn't sure about it as this is first car I've had with allegedly Diamond cut wheels which are completely new to me, i didn't know they were diamond cut when i bought it, its only what I've found on online that most people say the 403M are diamond cut wheels but then some people say they are not..

Kev
From factory they are diamond cut however, if the dealer has refurbished them at any point they just spray them as the diamond cut process takes 5 days allegedly.
As. Long as you stay away from anything acidic I can't see how the dealers could put the blame on you.

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk
Boothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 07:53 AM   #29
nbray67
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
nbray67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Nott's
Posts: 3,702
Thanks: 1,786
Thanked 2,278 Times in 1,687 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kev2005 View Post
or what about Poorboys wheel sealant, just remembered I have this but never used it... bought with good intentions then wasn't sure about it as this is first car I've had with allegedly Diamond cut wheels which are completely new to me, i didn't know they were diamond cut when i bought it, its only what I've found on online that most people say the 403M are diamond cut wheels but then some people say they are not..

Kev
Leave the Poorboys where you found it Kev, it's not all that imo.

If you want a long lasting sealant for the new alloys, fingers crossed you get them, then look to a quality ceramic coating like C5, CC Platinum Wheels (I use this and it'll last upwards of 12mths easily), DLux etc etc.....

Once sealed with a quality sealant, they'll clean up easily with a mild shampoo mix.
nbray67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 09:18 AM   #30
Cookies
Distinguished Detailer + Dw Reviewer
 
Cookies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: County Down
Posts: 6,835
Thanks: 11,604
Thanked 5,124 Times in 3,744 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbray67 View Post
Leave the Poorboys where you found it Kev, it's not all that imo.

If you want a long lasting sealant for the new alloys, fingers crossed you get them, then look to a quality ceramic coating like C5, CC Platinum Wheels (I use this and it'll last upwards of 12mths easily), DLux etc etc.....

Once sealed with a quality sealant, they'll clean up easily with a mild shampoo mix.
Totally agree with this. Get a good quality ceramic coating, I have Nasiol zr53 on mine, and have never had to use anything other than shampoo to clean them.

Cooks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Cookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors