Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Wheels, Tyres & Exterior Trim
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wheels, Tyres & Exterior Trim Sponsored by Valet PRO - ValetPRO - UK made car valeting and detailing products. Our aim to make top quality product we love to use. Famous for 'pH Neutral Snow Foam, Advanced Neutral Snow Foam, Bilberry Wheel Cleaner, Dragons Breath, Citrus Bling and Citrus PRE Wash. A big thank you to all our customers and stockists, we promise to bring you some excellent and inventive products during 2014.

Old 14-05-2018, 03:16 AM   #21
linuxrob
Sponge Jockey

Garage
+ one for PERL, found that a neat application with a soft brush and let cure for a few hours then buff lasts well on clean tyres and more so trim.

rob
linuxrob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to linuxrob For This Useful Post:
westerman (14-05-2018)
Old 14-05-2018, 10:23 AM   #22
virgiltracey
Sponge Jockey

Finally tried out the little bottle of Perl that i got in a gift pack at christmas.

Popped all of the engine bay plastics off, degreased them and went over with the steam cleaner, once dry I applied Perl neat using a microfibre applicator pad onto all of the plastics, rubbers and any seals I could see.

I love the finish, its not too shiny, no stickyness or wet residue and it doesn't seem to attract dust.

Very pleased!

virgiltracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2018, 11:13 AM   #23
tehvlb
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by westerman View Post
I love Bilt Hamber products.Have yet to try Auto wheels or Korrosol .

Harry
yep they have earned my respect as being a no nonsense manufacturer.

Korrosol and Auto Wheel are basically the same product. i think korrosol is designed to be abit more clingy.

both remove fallout.

2 anecdotes about Auto Wheel.

1) about 6 weeks ago i took the front 2 alloys off my car to give them a proper clean and clay bar, i spent 4 hours doing them and went though about 1 litre of degreaser. got them looking perfect.

4 weeks ago i took the back 2 off for a clean and they were just as dirty as the front two (neither had been done since car was new about 3 years ago)

i used about 20ml of auto wheel and was finished in about 45 minutes. unbeleivable cleaning ability.

2) i went to my brothers garage to get 4 new wheels fitted on saturday and due to the car being up on ramps i took some detailing stuff with me to clean the underbody etc. When my wheels were off i saw one of his guys cleaning the inside of the alloys before he put it back onto the car, i offered him a go of the auto wheel and he loved it.

he was using some sort of aerosol product but went on to clean the rest of the alloys with the auto wheel. they clean every customers wheels before putting them back onto the car and they reckon using auto wheel will save them alot of time.

he messaged me on sunday night to tell me he had ordered 4 bottles of auto wheel.

its that good.
tehvlb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2018, 11:49 AM   #24
westerman
Orbital Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehvlb View Post

Korrosol and Auto Wheel are basically the same product. i think korrosol is designed to be abit more clingy.

both remove fallout.

2 anecdotes about Auto Wheel.

1) about 6 weeks ago i took the front 2 alloys off my car to give them a proper clean and clay bar, i spent 4 hours doing them and went though about 1 litre of degreaser. got them looking perfect.

4 weeks ago i took the back 2 off for a clean and they were just as dirty as the front two (neither had been done since car was new about 3 years ago)

i used about 20ml of auto wheel and was finished in about 45 minutes. unbeleivable cleaning ability.

2) i went to my brothers garage to get 4 new wheels fitted on saturday and due to the car being up on ramps i took some detailing stuff with me to clean the underbody etc. When my wheels were off i saw one of his guys cleaning the inside of the alloys before he put it back onto the car, i offered him a go of the auto wheel and he loved it.

he was using some sort of aerosol product but went on to clean the rest of the alloys with the auto wheel. they clean every customers wheels before putting them back onto the car and they reckon using auto wheel will save them alot of time.

he messaged me on sunday night to tell me he had ordered 4 bottles of auto wheel.

its that good.
That's a nice little tale.
I was first introduced to Bilt Hamber after years of using Waxoyl under wings and in cavities and somebody suggested I give BH Dynax S50 a go and I couldn't believe how good it was. It blew waxoyl away as regards the way it comes in huge aerosols and how fluid it is even in winter.

I progressed onto using their clay bars and Auto Balm. Great people to deal with, stacks of technical info available for their products.

I have no connection to BH at all but if theyre watching this, get the free samples ready guys

Harry
westerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2018, 11:51 AM   #25
westerman
Orbital Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgiltracey View Post
Finally tried out the little bottle of Perl that i got in a gift pack at christmas.

Popped all of the engine bay plastics off, degreased them and went over with the steam cleaner, once dry I applied Perl neat using a microfibre applicator pad onto all of the plastics, rubbers and any seals I could see.

I love the finish, its not too shiny, no stickyness or wet residue and it doesn't seem to attract dust.

Very pleased!

That's some job you've done there. The beauty of keeping an engine like that is that it's so easy to quickly spruce it up on a regular basis to keep it looking good.

PERL will be great for that and I intend to give mine a lick of the stuff once it needs it.

Harry
westerman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to westerman For This Useful Post:
virgiltracey (14-05-2018)
Old 14-05-2018, 01:10 PM   #26
virgiltracey
Sponge Jockey

Thanks Harry, that's my plan!

Incidently I only let the plastics get bad because I had an issue with my bonnet release not closing properly so i would only open it when I absolutely had to (oil change etc) but not during washes (i wash it away from home, no tap) but i've fixed the release now so I can keep on top of it
virgiltracey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to virgiltracey For This Useful Post:
westerman (14-05-2018)
Old 14-05-2018, 01:12 PM   #27
Grin
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehvlb View Post

both remove fallout.
The Auto-Wheel is the clingier of the two as it's designed to dwell in the wheel barrels longer. Otherwise I understand they're identical. I have both, and both do a great job.
Grin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2018, 02:03 PM   #28
ENEP
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grin View Post
The Auto-Wheel is the clingier of the two as it's designed to dwell in the wheel barrels longer. Otherwise I understand they're identical. I have both, and both do a great job.
Auto wheel has a higher degreaser level and increased viscosity for longer cling.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...64&postcount=5
ENEP is offline   Reply With Quote