Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Wheels, Tyres & Exterior Trim
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wheels, Tyres & Exterior Trim Sponsored by Valet PRO - ValetPRO - UK made car valeting and detailing products. Our aim to make top quality product we love to use. Famous for 'pH Neutral Snow Foam, Advanced Neutral Snow Foam, Bilberry Wheel Cleaner, Dragons Breath, Citrus Bling and Citrus PRE Wash. A big thank you to all our customers and stockists, we promise to bring you some excellent and inventive products during 2014.

Old 13-05-2018, 11:00 AM   #11
stonejedi
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,490 Times in 1,110 Posts
Perl is Superb....it darkens rubber and plastics and protects after one application.SJ.
stonejedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2018, 01:00 PM   #12
TonyHill

I was going to try PERL but read several posts on here that it has no longevity, and if it rains it washes off super quick! See how you get on
TonyHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2018, 01:19 PM   #13
Chris@N
Washmitt Meister

The other wheel cleaner to try, as As Red7 has been mentioned, would be AS Smart Wheels. This is good when diluted down 1:3, but when used to clean off really heavily baked on brake dust I've used it neat and it's great.
Also if you have a foaming sprayer then it will foam too which is good for getting it to dwell a little longer at places around the wheel

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk
Chris@N is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chris@N For This Useful Post:
westerman (13-05-2018)
Old 13-05-2018, 02:32 PM   #14
westerman
Orbital Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyHill View Post
I was going to try PERL but read several posts on here that it has no longevity, and if it rains it washes off super quick! See how you get on
Yes I spotted the longevity reviews. That's why I decided to really clean the tyres before application. I mean one review said it was greasy. Well it shouldn't be as a water based product, which suggests the tyres still had some previous product on there.

It's a well liked product on here, I'll report on how long it lasts for me.

Harry
westerman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2018, 02:36 PM   #15
westerman
Orbital Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris@N View Post
The other wheel cleaner to try, as As Red7 has been mentioned, would be AS Smart Wheels. This is good when diluted down 1:3, but when used to clean off really heavily baked on brake dust I've used it neat and it's great.
Also if you have a foaming sprayer then it will foam too which is good for getting it to dwell a little longer at places around the wheel

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk
I decided I would try a few different wheel cleaners. I've started by ordering DoDo Ferrous Dueller which looks interesting. I don't have a foaming sprayer as I don't even have a hose within reach where I am. But if needs be I can use my daughters drive and their pressure washer.

Harry
Old 13-05-2018, 02:44 PM   #16
TonyHill

Only problem using a foam sprayer with smart wheels is you will use 2 or 3 times the amount of product....as I found out! A simple trigger spray head will use less product and still get the desired results
TonyHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2018, 04:48 PM   #17
LuckyStrike
PC Perfectionist

Sonax extreme wheel cleaner is great stuff too. I choose it over B-H wheel cleaner because of the price. Here in Finland i can get Sonax atm 5,99€/750ml (usual price is around 8-11€) and B-H is 21,90€/ltr. I don't know what kind of prices u have there in UK..
LuckyStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2018, 04:59 PM   #18
sevenfourate
Washmitt Meister

I'm a PERL fan. But not on tyres. Its ok, maybe even good. The look was great. Even with thoroughly cleaned tyres i didn't find longevity great. For exterior there are better products out there IMO....

But for under the hood / interior.; this is where it excels for me.

Here's a little Citroen C2 i picked up yesterday for some 'trackdays' with my son. Had a go at the interior this morning - solely with PERL. Normally i do dilute it slightly....but as this is a brand new bottle i'll use a bit - then add some water to top it back up. So this has been applied neat:

sevenfourate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2018, 05:10 PM   #19
westerman
Orbital Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfourate View Post
I'm a PERL fan. But not on tyres. Its ok, maybe even good. The look was great. Even with thoroughly cleaned tyres i didn't find longevity great. For exterior there are better products out there IMO....

But for under the hood / interior.; this is where it excels for me.

Here's a little Citroen C2 i picked up yesterday for some 'trackdays' with my son. Had a go at the interior this morning - solely with PERL. Normally i do dilute it slightly....but as this is a brand new bottle i'll use a bit - then add some water to top it back up. So this has been applied neat:

Strong stuff too, it's taken the gear knob

Looks very nice. I use ODK Cabin for mine which has a nice satin finish.

Harry
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to westerman For This Useful Post:
sevenfourate (13-05-2018), tehvlb (14-05-2018)
Old 13-05-2018, 06:56 PM   #20
pxr5

Garage
I love Perl too - only interiors and some exterior trim though. I like to spritz a very soft, thick MF and basically use the cloth as a damp duster. I find this keeps the application down to a minimum as stops any shiny, greasy looks. I use it diluted to about 5:1 - 10:1. A bottle lasts me a long time lol.
pxr5 is offline   Reply With Quote