Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Eco Friendly Detailing
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Eco Friendly Detailing Talk About all your Eco Products here - Waterless wash / Steam cleaning etc

Old 25-02-2017, 02:59 AM   #1
waqasr
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Carpro ECH2O Review

Firstly apologies for the poor picture quality, my note 4 broke and using an old s4. Secondly never really written up a review so any questions just ask.

Right this is my daily 16 yr old with 215k on the clock. It wasnt hugely dirty, around 2 weeks worth.

So ive come from using ONR and Wolfs Mean Green and have been exclusively doing rinseless washes for about 5 years.

I brought the 500ml bottle direct from Carpro for £14.30-ish after DW discount and was nicely sent a bottle with a trigger sprayer too. Unfortunately there was a small leak when it was posted and I sent Craig a message just to let him know and maybe to tape down the lids to avoid any accidents (he offered me a full refund or replacement but it was a minor spill so I declined his kind offer) but it appeared my lid was faulty so he sent me a replacement lid and an extra 50ml which was highly appreciated.

So its a nice bright teal colour and a fairly thick liquid, which I like because it gives the impression there is something of substance in this stuff. Mean green was very thin in comparison.

Smell wise Ive read other reviews where they cant really smell anything but I get a pleasant citrus zesty, very fresh sort of fragrance.

I put 15ml in 2l of water which gave a dilution of 1:133, though upto 1:200 is fine.

When washing it felt very slick and one wipe left the panel nice and clean.

With ECH2O your supposed to dry it, spray some more and spread, let it haze and wipe it off.

What I did was wash the whole car without drying panel by panel. Once all the way around then sprayed it with a dilution of 1:20 and then one wipe with a drying towel to pick up most of it but leave a little to haze and then around once again to buff the haze. The haze left buffs off very easily and is no effort at all.

So onto pics, not hugely dirty

Extra 50ml Craig sent to me

15ml, this is the lid from a 32oz ONR bottle, I glued it to the lid so it doesnt get lost!

In the bucket, 15ml completely changed the colour of the water, 15ml of mean green didnt do much to the colour of it, which didnt really fill me with confidence but Wolfs is still perfectly safe to use

MFs in bucket, this is my preferred method, saves on product, water and doesn't introduce contamination on the wash media.

Dirt from bonnet

I found it clings more to the surface, which is probably due to the SIo2 in it helping it bond to the paint. But it dried up very easy and one wipe pretty much does it.

1:20 dilution used after the whole car had been cleaned.

Heres the haze, it hazes fairly quickly and again removes so easy

Finally some finished pics

Now for anyone dubious about rinse-less washes. I've not machined my car for atleast 3 years maybe 4. I dont use glazes either so no fillers.

These two pictures are of my boot lid which as we all know gets filthy on a hatchback, but mine is still pretty much swirl free

This is abit of haze I missed.

This panel I painted in this Asda underground car park, you may have seen my thread HERE and this was done almost 6 months ago. I finished by wet sanding and correcting the paint on it and the car has been washed at least 15-20 times since then and the panel is still pretty much perfect.

So rinseless washes are perfectly safe and I'd have no problem recommending this type of washing and now especially with Carpro Ech2o. Ive used 3 different types of rinseless washes now and this by far is my favourite and ive only used it once. For anyone already doing rinseless washing, get a bottle and im certain you wont regret it.

If you got this far, thanks for reading.

Last edited by waqasr; 25-02-2017 at 03:02 AM.
waqasr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to waqasr For This Useful Post:
A&J (25-02-2017), ah234 (27-02-2017), alfa.rbt (13-05-2017), big dave 666 (26-02-2017), firehorse (21-03-2017), HairyMonster (19-03-2017), luke w (16-04-2017), Sicskate (16-04-2017), sm81 (25-02-2017), todds (15-04-2017), toni (26-02-2017), tosh (02-03-2017), Yellow Dave (25-02-2017)
Old 25-02-2017, 06:56 AM   #2
Aficior
Unwashed Member

Impressive. You should also do a write up on how you do a rinseless wash.
Aficior is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Aficior For This Useful Post:
waqasr (25-02-2017)
Old 25-02-2017, 08:54 AM   #3
DLGWRX02

Thanked 1,168 Times in 804 Posts
Garage
Are you in the same underground car park washing your motor.? They will be charging you rent soon..lol. Great job btw.
DLGWRX02 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DLGWRX02 For This Useful Post:
waqasr (25-02-2017)
Old 25-02-2017, 02:49 PM   #4
waqasr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aficior View Post
Impressive. You should also do a write up on how you do a rinseless wash.
I might do, but its easier if you just search up the garry dean wash method.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLGWRX02 View Post
Are you in the same underground car park washing your motor.? They will be charging you rent soon..lol. Great job btw.
Lol yup, they charge for parking over 1 hour, Asda closes at 11pm so I arrive at 10:30
Old 25-02-2017, 06:07 PM   #5
A&J

Thanked 1,043 Times in 766 Posts
Nice review waqasr

How is the cleaning power compared to Mean green and ONR?

Did you notice any difference in water behavior...Does the Sio2 particles add anything to the protection?
A&J is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to A&J For This Useful Post:
waqasr (25-02-2017)
Old 25-02-2017, 06:42 PM   #6
waqasr

Thanks A&J. In my opinion, its cleaning power is better. Reason I say this is, with my normal routine with the other shampoos, when im drying off my drying towel still picks up some dirt, though a small amount. With this I had a completely clean drying towel afterwards. Like i said earlier it feels alot slicker too, just glides on the panel.

I would say there is definitely protection there. I normally use BSD after drying but didnt this time as I used Ech2o at 1:20. Beading is definitly there as its just rained now. Not quite as strong as BSD but its very good.
The Following User Says Thank You to waqasr For This Useful Post:
A&J (25-02-2017)
Old 25-02-2017, 08:38 PM   #7
A&J

Quote:
Originally Posted by waqasr View Post
In my opinion, its cleaning power is better. Reason I say this is, with my normal routine with the other shampoos, when im drying off my drying towel still picks up some dirt, though a small amount. With this I had a completely clean drying towel afterwards. Like i said earlier it feels alot slicker too, just glides on the panel.
Would you say this is due to the 1:133 mix instead of 1:256 for ONR and 1:500 for Mean green?

BTW which dilution ratio do you use for Mean green?
Old 25-02-2017, 11:18 PM   #8
waqasr

Not really because I always put a 15ml cap in 2l of water. So all should have been the same dilution. I know wolfs says 1:500 but I was abit uncomfortable using it at that ratio.
The Following User Says Thank You to waqasr For This Useful Post:
A&J (25-02-2017)
Old 25-02-2017, 11:32 PM   #9
A&J

Great...thanks...Now I really have to buy Ech2o! Its been on my wish list since it came out.
Old 26-02-2017, 01:32 AM   #10
waqasr

You wont regret it!