Detailing World Forum banner

Bolster repair

5K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  PugIain 
#1 ·
Hi guys, I'm looking for a product recommendation to help hide this wear on the driver's seat bolster on my car.

The colour is Peugeot Llama grey. It's very light.

Thank you :)

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Give Duncan at The Furniture Clinic a call they might already have this colour on their books already...if not they can match it and their leather colourant kits are brill. I used one large kit on the seats from my TVR and they came out like new. Have a look at the projects and restos thread.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=382074&page=11

#5 ·
HI PugIain

If we don't have the colour on file, you can still use one of our standard Leather Repair Touch Up Kits. It works by providing you with a base colour in the general colour of your leather. Because there are so many shades of each colour you are also provided with a selection of tints which allow you to adjust the shade of the colourant until it matches the leather exactly. The kit also contains Leather Finish which is applied once the colourant is dry. This seals the colour in and also determines the correct level of shine to the leather.

If you think you will have trouble matching the colour yourself we also have a successful colour matching service available. If you send us a sample of the leather we will be able to match the colour for you for an additional £5.05. This additional fee also allows you to select a custom colour from any of the online colour charts, this is particularly handy when working on car interiors.

Leather Touch Up Kit: http://www.furnitureclinic.co.uk/Leather_Touch_Up_Kit.htm

Kind Regards
Duncan Ashurst
Senior Sales Advisor

#7 ·
Hi Pugian

In order to match the colour for you we would need sample of the leather. Usually with cars a small sample can be taken from under one of the seats, or anywhere else that there is a bit of overhang. Alternatively, if anything is removable such as a headrest or ashtray cover you are welcome to post that in and we will return it with the kit.

Kind Regards
Duncan Ashurst
Senior Sales Advisor

#9 ·
I'm still working on the seat back bolster, but I have sorted the base bolster.
Only issue I have encountered is it seemed to soak a lot of blue from my jeans in to the finish.
I've hopefully sorted this by applying a clear Matt finish coat from a repair kit I'd purchased for my last car.

A week on and no dye transfer.

Yes I got some colour on the stitching, but hey ho.

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

#10 ·
Clear coat finishes do not help prevent dye transfer. The dyes penetrate the finishes which then become harder to remove. Using a good quality leather protector (LeatherGuard) will form a barrier on the surface to help make dye transfer easier to remove. You need to apply the protecter and then clean on a regular basis with a cleaner/protector in one.

Hope this helps
Judyb

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.