Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze Discuss Polish/Cleaners/Compounds and Glaze here - Sponsored By g3pro

Old 10-08-2018, 05:15 PM   #11
vw754
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frog View Post
From reading your post, the scratches you are talking about are still visible in the surface and they are scratches caused by damage prior to cutting/polishing?

If you are happy with the finish (apart from the still visible scratches) that your existing combination has produced may be you just need to have another go at those specific areas again?
yes prior to cutting/polishing

tried twice,maybe need a bit more time spending on them
vw754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 06:33 PM   #12
Sheep
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Send a message via MSN to Sheep
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyUK View Post
Does meguiars ultimate polish have a filler like SRP does? This could help mask very feint lines.
No, UP is a polish with abrasives, no fillers.
Sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 06:35 PM   #13
Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBobJones View Post
New to this stuff, but facing same issues as OP.
Just finished pass with M105 on my car, still seeing faint scratches like above. Trying to get my head around the logic of a lesser pad / polish(M205) being able to remove this if the M105 with cutting pad couldn't do it.
I guess I misread? I was under the impression the compound left it's own marks (haze). If the defects are still present after one or 2 passes, you need to either keep going, or stop before you burn through (depending on paint levels).

M105 works quick, you don't have a lot of time before it starts to dry. This is why I use it was a MF pad, it cuts hard and fast, before the polish loses it's moisture. You should also be using the kevin brown priming method for this polish, as it helps extend the working time.
Old 10-08-2018, 06:37 PM   #14
Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by riskypicker View Post
Ive used 105 on similar BMW paint with a DAS6 pro and CQ Orange Hexlogic. Found it needs additional lubricant (Chemical guys do one or just deionised water) or it dusts and drys before youve achieved the correction youre looking for and also left its own marks.

So i found it needed to be followed by 205 to finish it off - again needs lubricant.

I think the hard paint and the ageing recipes for 105/205 means you may need a longer working time that you may be trying at the moment.
M205 doesn't need any extra lubricant, you can work that polish for days (figurative) before it starts to dry out. You might want to adjust your technique, or your environment if you're finding it drying.
Old 10-08-2018, 07:01 PM   #15
EG30
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by vw754 View Post
yes prior to cutting/polishing

tried twice,maybe need a bit more time spending on them
Das6pro pretty weak DA compared to modern DA like the Das6pro plus, huge difference in correction abilty between the two.

If I was in your situation, without having to buy a new DA just to correct the defects that are bugging you I would get a 250ml bottle of Menz 400 compound along with a MF pad and go over it 2-3 passes at a time at moderate to firm pressure.

Menz 400 is packed full of ammonia which helps to soften hard paint such as VAG paints and the MF pad maximises cut and less flex than a foam pad. With only 8mm of DA stroke to play with you don't want to waste energy on pad flex.
EG30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 07:44 PM   #16
Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EG30 View Post
Das6pro pretty weak DA compared to modern DA like the Das6pro plus, huge difference in correction abilty between the two.

If I was in your situation, without having to buy a new DA just to correct the defects that are bugging you I would get a 250ml bottle of Menz 400 compound along with a MF pad and go over it 2-3 passes at a time at moderate to firm pressure.

Menz 400 is packed full of ammonia which helps to soften hard paint such as VAG paints and the MF pad maximises cut and less flex than a foam pad. With only 8mm of DA stroke to play with you don't want to waste energy on pad flex.
Even with a Porter Cable, M105 and a Mf pad will cut hard enough to remove most defects in a couple passes. If you still have marks left after a couple of those sets you might want to look into wet sanding, and definitely measure your paint depth.