Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze Discuss Polish/Cleaners/Compounds and Glaze here - Sponsored By g3pro

Old 03-08-2018, 10:13 AM   #31
JJ_
DW Sponsor

Thanked 1,926 Times in 1,201 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by suds View Post
Been mulling this over and suspect 'Pure' from M&K might be worthwhile - awaiting email response
Hi Suds!

Thanks for the email.

Our product which is most like a Glaze would be our newest addition, Cloak.

It's a true glaze, very similar to what you're used to, except this cures in one go rather than a few swipes.

I've got plenty in stock and it's in our 3 for 2 sale too!

https://www.mitchellandking.com/products/cloak

Thank you, John
Old 06-08-2018, 08:28 PM   #32
BarryAllen
Sponge Jockey

If you can find a bottle on the cheap... Meguiars Paint Protect (the red varnish one) might be worth a go.

It clearly has oils in it... and I've just used it to bring back a plastic green patio chair that was chalky white all over.

Won't say it's perfect but the difference between it and an untreated one is night and day. No idea if it has any longevity, but might be worth a go. It offers protection a swell.
BarryAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 10:37 AM   #33
neilgib28
Unwashed Member

I was also trying to get hold of some Megs #7 in an attempt to restore my mates incredibly faded Merc, searching through the forums for an alternative 'oily' glaze and some folks were recommending 3M Imperial?? - anyone got experience or inputs on this?
neilgib28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 10:49 AM   #34
EG30
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilgib28 View Post
I was also trying to get hold of some Megs #7 in an attempt to restore my mates incredibly faded Merc, searching through the forums for an alternative 'oily' glaze and some folks were recommending 3M Imperial?? - anyone got experience or inputs on this?
There is also Mother's glaze under sealer glaze and hand glaze product names.
EG30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 08:00 PM   #35
lowejackson
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 2,960 Times in 2,514 Posts
Quote:
3M Imperial Hand Glaze. Proper old school glaze, I had no idea this stuff is still around. It is different to Megs No7 though

Whilst I will happily recommend the Megs No7 product all day long for neglected and old single stage paints, it should be pointed out it is perfectly possible to restore older paints without it.

It is an amazing product however all the usual steps eg polishing can be done without it
lowejackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 09:01 PM   #36
cheekymonkey
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 2,328 Times in 1,712 Posts
Quote:
the nearest you will get to megs #7 is stage 2 pure polish in there 3 stage system ( there the ones in the dark red bottles). have used it a few times with great results. only about a tenner a bottle as well.
cheekymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2018, 01:14 PM   #37
vsideboy
PC Perfectionist

Garage
Send a message via AIM to vsideboy Send a message via MSN to vsideboy
had a bit of a tidy up at the weekend and found 2 sample bottles that had been in there for so long that the labels had lost all ink. All I could make out was a #7 on one of them and #21 on the other. Guessing one of them is this one.

Not used any of either so might give them a test out next time (although doubtful they'll do much on silver.
vsideboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2018, 01:25 PM   #38
roscopervis
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekymonkey View Post
the nearest you will get to megs #7 is stage 2 pure polish in there 3 stage system ( there the ones in the dark red bottles). have used it a few times with great results. only about a tenner a bottle as well.
I was going to suggest this, unless the formula has changed in the last few years, they were pretty similar products back in the day. The Step 1 and 2 were really good in this system, only let down by the terrible wax.
roscopervis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2018, 01:29 PM   #39
vsideboy
PC Perfectionist

Garage
Send a message via AIM to vsideboy Send a message via MSN to vsideboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by koojo View Post
Iíve been looking for megs#7 glaze as Iíve got Vw red single stage paint and been read this is the stuff to use. Iím searching web and all Iím getting is Ďout of stock??í Iím aware it has fillers oils etc but would still like to try it and keep my old paint from being polished away lol.....

Does anyone know if itís still available,superseded or an equivalent??

Many thanks

K
If you're in the UK mate I'm happy to post you this sample of #7 I've got if you want it. You're more likely to make some use of it than I am.

PM me if you want it.
vsideboy is offline   Reply With Quote