Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze Discuss Polish/Cleaners/Compounds and Glaze here - Sponsored By g3pro

Old 31-07-2018, 10:16 AM   #1
euge07
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

looking user experiences on Detailing Kingdom Polishes

I am looking to add more compounds/polishes to my collection

I am interested in the above

Has anyone any user experiences on them? what pads were good to pair with etc, results etc thanks
euge07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2018, 02:03 PM   #2
Welshquattro1

Thanked 1,264 Times in 942 Posts
Garage
Only people I can think of is Stangalang and I think he did a review of 1 or two of them and Mick (Chongo) has used them as well.

Found this
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=397455

Last edited by Welshquattro1; 31-07-2018 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Adding
Welshquattro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2018, 02:21 PM   #3
dchapman88
Dw Reviewer

Thanked 1,257 Times in 894 Posts
Garage
I'd PM Chongo

Proper nice guy and will be 100% honest in his opinion about them
dchapman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2018, 07:53 PM   #4
stangalang
king of the flexonian

Thanked 10,609 Times in 4,934 Posts
Garage
I am a big believer in these compounds, so I want to preface this "review" by stating a couple of points

1) I dont earn any revenue from the sales or use of DK products

2) I am not trying to be one of these "vloggers" who feel their opinion on a product should in anyway matter or scare a manufacturer, my opinions are just that, an opinion

3) I polish cars to a high level 7 days a week, I don't earn a living elsewhere so am fully focused on refinishing paint

DK 1.1 is the closest liquid I've found to perfect. It isn't perfect, nothing is, but this is the closest to it so far. It balances cut and finish like nothing before it. Panels stay cooler than with other compounds, the lubricants are sublime and there is minimal filling. Buff off is effortless so its safer for soft clear, it messes with sensitive clear less than most other compounds and its mega for single stage paints due to said lubrication
Because of all of the above it can be used on the worst paints with VERY heavy pads, on bad paint with an mf pad or as a one step enhancement product on foam. It honestly barely needs finishing down

Finale is excellent. It didn't blow me away like 1.1, but it is very reliable. Prefers a slower speed than other finishing polishes but shares a lot of the same characteristics as 1.1
Both are worth having but 1.1 changed my business, I think its spectacular
stangalang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to stangalang For This Useful Post:
AS_BO (01-08-2018), Cookies (31-07-2018), EG30 (31-07-2018), euge07 (01-08-2018), Fentum (31-07-2018), macca666 (01-08-2018), nbray67 (31-07-2018), neil b (31-07-2018), pawlik (31-07-2018), Simz (31-07-2018)
Old 31-07-2018, 09:27 PM   #5
pawlik
Orbital Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangalang View Post
I am a big believer in these compounds, so I want to preface this "review" by stating a couple of points

1) I dont earn any revenue from the sales or use of DK products

2) I am not trying to be one of these "vloggers" who feel their opinion on a product should in anyway matter or scare a manufacturer, my opinions are just that, an opinion

3) I polish cars to a high level 7 days a week, I don't earn a living elsewhere so am fully focused on refinishing paint

DK 1.1 is the closest liquid I've found to perfect. It isn't perfect, nothing is, but this is the closest to it so far. It balances cut and finish like nothing before it. Panels stay cooler than with other compounds, the lubricants are sublime and there is minimal filling. Buff off is effortless so its safer for soft clear, it messes with sensitive clear less than most other compounds and its mega for single stage paints due to said lubrication
Because of all of the above it can be used on the worst paints with VERY heavy pads, on bad paint with an mf pad or as a one step enhancement product on foam. It honestly barely needs finishing down

Finale is excellent. It didn't blow me away like 1.1, but it is very reliable. Prefers a slower speed than other finishing polishes but shares a lot of the same characteristics as 1.1
Both are worth having but 1.1 changed my business, I think its spectacular
Any comparison with Polish Angel polishes? If You ever use them?
pawlik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2018, 10:23 PM   #6
stangalang
king of the flexonian

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawlik View Post
Any comparison with Polish Angel polishes? If You ever use them?
Yes, I personally think 1.1 is considerably better than master compound. BUT, I have found if 1.1 doesn't like a particular paint then master compound usually works. So I still keep both
Finale is a lot like the master finishing polish. In use and looks, I would say money and availability is the deciding factor for me
The Following User Says Thank You to stangalang For This Useful Post:
pawlik (31-07-2018)
Old 31-07-2018, 10:39 PM   #7
neil b
Washmitt Meister

Matt , how about the last cut compounding glaze where does that fit in with the way you work as I did notice your where testing it out a while back .
neil b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2018, 10:50 PM   #8
stangalang
king of the flexonian

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil b View Post
Matt , how about the last cut compounding glaze where does that fit in with the way you work as I did notice your where testing it out a while back .
"almost" on par with 1.1
Remember this is just my opinion. But these 2 are showing what can be done with an abrasive now. They both have lovely long work times, out cut and finish basically everything else and aren't "solventy" in smell or on the throat.
I personally give 1,1 the edge, things like it clogs pads more slowly and releases spent product better. but we are really getting into finer details here, BOTH out perform older compounds in every measurable way. Basically I reach for 1.1 everytime. If for whatever reason that doesn't work first time I swap to TLC. 99 times out of hundred thats job done
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stangalang For This Useful Post:
AS_BO (01-08-2018), neil b (31-07-2018)
Old 31-07-2018, 11:04 PM   #9
neil b
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangalang View Post
"almost" on par with 1.1
Remember this is just my opinion. But these 2 are showing what can be done with an abrasive now. They both have lovely long work times, out cut and finish basically everything else and aren't "solventy" in smell or on the throat.
I personally give 1,1 the edge, things like it clogs pads more slowly and releases spent product better. but we are really getting into finer details here, BOTH out perform older compounds in every measurable way. Basically I reach for 1.1 everytime. If for whatever reason that doesn't work first time I swap to TLC. 99 times out of hundred thats job done

Thanks for the reply Matt appreciate your opinion 👍🏻, yeah technology in polishes has came along way in a short space of time , I have 1.1 as used that to correct my Mazda CX-5 when I first got it as I was not wanting a compound that tears at the paint and takes off vast amounts of clear in one hit as paint on the cx5 is on the low side roof been the lowest of 73- 78 microns, 1.1 on a light cut pad removed 90% of the marks and left a really good finish ,and followed up with Sonax perfect finish job done .
neil b is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to neil b For This Useful Post:
stangalang (31-07-2018)
Old 31-07-2018, 11:12 PM   #10
Fentum

Thanked 1,543 Times in 883 Posts
^Wot 'e sez.

Here's my thinking from last summer:

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...&postcount=134

I've actually warmed to the DK stuff more since.

It really is very versatile, and I now think 1.1 on some paints is much better than Koch Chemie with the right pad, but I wouldn't presume to add to stangalang's comprehensive assessments.

Peter
Fentum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fentum For This Useful Post:
euge07 (01-08-2018)