Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze Discuss Polish/Cleaners/Compounds and Glaze here - Sponsored By g3pro

Old 07-08-2012, 02:55 PM   #321
ilgidi
Unwashed Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprocketser View Post
If you do 3-4 more SRP passes , you ll be just fine , how many times you put on some SRP
About two or three I think!
ilgidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 03:24 PM   #322
sprocketser
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,309 Times in 1,274 Posts
I would go for 2-3 more passes
sprocketser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:15 PM   #323
ribvanrey

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilgidi View Post
Well, I had my go over the weekend using G3 - SRP - EGP but I am utterly disappointed. The G3 left marks and cannot remover them now. I used SRP about three times but I still have marks left over by the G3. Any suggestions?
Which G3 product did you use? Presumably the G3 Pro Scratch remover, but paste or liquid?
Where did you use the G3? How much did you apply? What did you use to apply it? Did you use any water?

Did you contact Farecla about it? They post here frequently as DW Supporters. Rib
ribvanrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:29 AM   #324
ilgidi
Unwashed Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ribvanrey View Post
Which G3 product did you use? Presumably the G3 Pro Scratch remover, but paste or liquid?
Where did you use the G3? How much did you apply? What did you use to apply it? Did you use any water?

Did you contact Farecla about it? They post here frequently as DW Supporters. Rib
I used G3 paste compound and applied it with a meguiars microfibre pad. Used small amounts on the pad and yes I used water to lubricate. The end result looked good but when I went back to my garage, I noticed the lines under the neon light.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:47 AM   #325
crosscyl
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilgidi View Post
I used G3 paste compound and applied it with a meguiars microfibre pad. Used small amounts on the pad and yes I used water to lubricate. The end result looked good but when I went back to my garage, I noticed the lines under the neon light.
Thing is, the paste is to be used for isolated dee**** scratches. From what I understand, you are wanting a general reduction in the swirls and to improve the appearance of your paint. For that task you needed the LIQUID version of the G3 scratch remover and not the paste. The other thing is, if I was using it for the first time, I'd be too worried about using any other kind of applicator other the exact one recommended by Farecla G3. I believe its the waffle pad from G3 which is what is advised with the G3 stuff. And finally, there is general agreement that the G3 Scratch Remover is a pretty strong compound especially is its paste form and needs to be used sensibly...the liquid one I guess is a tad less harsh especially when used correctly with water.

If the Liquid G3 Scratch Remover WHEN used using the correct procedure and applicator doesn't work well, you may consider trying the G3 (liquid) Paint Renovator which is less harsh and supposed to still tackle the swirls.

This is just my 2 cents as actually I haven't used any of the above G3 stuff. But its what I've understood from the posts so far .
crosscyl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to crosscyl For This Useful Post:
ilgidi (08-08-2012)
Old 08-08-2012, 10:54 AM   #326
crosscyl
Washmitt Meister

BTW does anyone know what's the difference between good old fashioned T-Cut and something like the G3 stuff !?
crosscyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:18 AM   #327
ilgidi
Unwashed Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscyl View Post
Thing is, the paste is to be used for isolated dee**** scratches. From what I understand, you are wanting a general reduction in the swirls and to improve the appearance of your paint. For that task you needed the LIQUID version of the G3 scratch remover and not the paste. The other thing is, if I was using it for the first time, I'd be too worried about using any other kind of applicator other the exact one recommended by Farecla G3. I believe its the waffle pad from G3 which is what is advised with the G3 stuff. And finally, there is general agreement that the G3 Scratch Remover is a pretty strong compound especially is its paste form and needs to be used sensibly...the liquid one I guess is a tad less harsh especially when used correctly with water.

If the Liquid G3 Scratch Remover WHEN used using the correct procedure and applicator doesn't work well, you may consider trying the G3 (liquid) Paint Renovator which is less harsh and supposed to still tackle the swirls.

This is just my 2 cents as actually I haven't used any of the above G3 stuff. But its what I've understood from the posts so far .
I've read some good stuff about P1 here and got me a bottle. Wil ltackle it with that. Worst case I take it to a body shop and get it done with a DA polisher.

Cheers
Old 14-08-2012, 03:25 PM   #328
ilgidi
Unwashed Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscyl View Post

After trying to remove the swirls and ending up leaving small scratches with G3 compound, I rectified the problem using a hit of P1, SRP, and EGP. The results are satisfactory. Thumbs up for P1, SRP and EGP. All I need now is a shot of Carnauba. I have Dodo Juice Black velvet which I found to be excellent.

Before:

After:
Old 14-08-2012, 04:04 PM   #329
Junior Bear

What does it look like under the garage lights though
Junior Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2012, 04:09 PM   #330
ilgidi
Unwashed Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Bear View Post
What does it look like under the garage lights though
I'll take a pic this evening. Although in the first pic, the lines to the right of the neon are the reflections of the bricks in the wall as well as the G3 marks. the scratch marks are to the left of the neon. It looks good in the garage...just need the pic.

Tags
scratch, swirl