Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Gallery > The Showroom > Projects and Restorations
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Projects and Restorations Building a car from scratch, restoring your pride and joy, building a track car, or starting a long term project? This is your place to document it.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-03-2018, 04:27 PM   #21
Fentum
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 1,254
Thanks: 1,013
Thanked 1,455 Times in 840 Posts
I'm not generally a fan of white cars but that looks the dog's!

Peter
Fentum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2018, 07:03 PM   #22
Fruitcake
Washmitt Meister
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 103
Thanks: 70
Thanked 54 Times in 41 Posts
That’s a lovely looking car. I may be biased as I have an oryx white Scirocco, so pleased I held out for one as the colour is awesome
Fruitcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2018, 08:42 PM   #23
Disco Smudge
PC Perfectionist
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 338
Thanks: 53
Thanked 127 Times in 118 Posts
http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/v...d=&product_id=

Have a mooch, my buddy gave me 2 don’t think my car is compatible though. If your after one you can have it for postage
Disco Smudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2018, 08:54 PM   #24
Benfr16
PC Perfectionist
 
Benfr16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 357
Thanks: 278
Thanked 89 Times in 73 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfajim View Post
What are the performance figures for these? Certainly looks fast.
2.0TSI, 300PS, 0-60 4.9 seconds

One of the cars ill be considering in the future. You've got a great spec as well
Benfr16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2018, 05:49 PM   #25
CoOkIeMoNsTeR
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
CoOkIeMoNsTeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Menai Bridge, North Wales
Posts: 1,171
Thanks: 862
Thanked 820 Times in 551 Posts
Garage
Looks lovely. My sister has an Octy 3 vRS (same platform) and her drivers seat was like that when she got it. A few mins with a hairdryer and it was as good as new, get it on a low setting and warm the leather until the dent starts to shrink. Also looks far nicer as a 3 door, surely less of those around than the 5 door.
CoOkIeMoNsTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2018, 08:06 PM   #26
BrummyPete
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
BrummyPete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,632
Thanks: 298
Thanked 618 Times in 545 Posts
That's a cracking looking car, vw gave me a dongle with my passat, just tells you stuff bout the car, mpg, etc etc

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
BrummyPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2018, 02:54 PM   #27
CaptainKirk95
Orbital Oracle
 
CaptainKirk95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nottinghamshire
Posts: 518
Thanks: 340
Thanked 278 Times in 170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by euge07 View Post
gorgeous! loving the full leather seats as well!

only thing I am not a fan of on these is the noise, but such a great car all round
Thank you, the 2 options I definitely insisted on having was the full leather and the 19" pretoria alloys. Hopefully one day if I sell it mine will stand out because of the spec!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fentum View Post
I'm not generally a fan of white cars but that looks the dog's!

Peter
Thank you, once I saw the colour in the flesh I knew I had to have it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitcake View Post
That’s a lovely looking car. I may be biased as I have an oryx white Scirocco, so pleased I held out for one as the colour is awesome
Thank you, yesterday was really sunny and the paint looked amazing even if a little dirty! I completely understand what you mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco Smudge View Post
http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/v...d=&product_id=

Have a mooch, my buddy gave me 2 don’t think my car is compatible though. If your after one you can have it for postage
Thank you, I've had a look but I think on my car I can see most of that stuff but thank you for the offer I really appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benfr16 View Post
2.0TSI, 300PS, 0-60 4.9 seconds

One of the cars ill be considering in the future. You've got a great spec as well
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoOkIeMoNsTeR View Post
Looks lovely. My sister has an Octy 3 vRS (same platform) and her drivers seat was like that when she got it. A few mins with a hairdryer and it was as good as new, get it on a low setting and warm the leather until the dent starts to shrink. Also looks far nicer as a 3 door, surely less of those around than the 5 door.
Oooh thank you I'll have to give this a try, thank you I got it into my head I wanted a 5 door but when I thought about it 90% of the time its just me in the car or with just passenger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrummyPete View Post
That's a cracking looking car, vw gave me a dongle with my passat, just tells you stuff bout the car, mpg, etc etc

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Thank you
CaptainKirk95 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainKirk95 For This Useful Post:
CoOkIeMoNsTeR (27-03-2018)
Old 27-03-2018, 02:56 PM   #28
CaptainKirk95
Orbital Oracle
 
CaptainKirk95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nottinghamshire
Posts: 518
Thanks: 340
Thanked 278 Times in 170 Posts
Today I enabled a couple of features via VCDS;

Pace car indicators

Exhaust valves permanently open

Jamie
CaptainKirk95 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainKirk95 For This Useful Post:
Cookies (05-07-2018), JR1982 (27-03-2018)
Old 27-03-2018, 05:16 PM   #29
CoOkIeMoNsTeR
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
CoOkIeMoNsTeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Menai Bridge, North Wales
Posts: 1,171
Thanks: 862
Thanked 820 Times in 551 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainKirk95 View Post
Oooh thank you I'll have to give this a try, thank you I got it into my head I wanted a 5 door but when I thought about it 90% of the time its just me in the car or with just passenger.
3 door is deffo a nicer looking car and stands out in a sea of 5 doors. It's worth a go working with the leather. I have an Audi SQ5 and have had to do the same on my drivers seat even though it's the 2 tone red/black Valcona leather, I just find VAG leather isn't all that good and it does go stretchy.

There's so much you can do to these with VCDS. My sister has an OBDEleven and she's enabled all sorts on her Octy and I've had a play with the SQ5 as well. Stuff like footwell lighting and auto high beam assist is easy to install/enable if you have the right controllers as well as drive mode on the Maxidot etc etc. So worth having.
CoOkIeMoNsTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2018, 09:35 PM   #30
CaptainKirk95
Orbital Oracle
 
CaptainKirk95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nottinghamshire
Posts: 518
Thanks: 340
Thanked 278 Times in 170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoOkIeMoNsTeR View Post
3 door is deffo a nicer looking car and stands out in a sea of 5 doors. It's worth a go working with the leather. I have an Audi SQ5 and have had to do the same on my drivers seat even though it's the 2 tone red/black Valcona leather, I just find VAG leather isn't all that good and it does go stretchy.

There's so much you can do to these with VCDS. My sister has an OBDEleven and she's enabled all sorts on her Octy and I've had a play with the SQ5 as well. Stuff like footwell lighting and auto high beam assist is easy to install/enable if you have the right controllers as well as drive mode on the Maxidot etc etc. So worth having.
Thank you, yes that's what I was thinking when I bought it haha. Ahh right that's interesting then. Yes I did a few things on my mk5gti to be fair, they are really handy!!
CaptainKirk95 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainKirk95 For This Useful Post:
CoOkIeMoNsTeR (30-03-2018)
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors